Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

Clippyworld: An Unexpected Journey - 22 maps - Now on ID games!

PS pistol start is enforced on all maps as each map was originally released as standalone, carrying resources over fundamentally destroys gameplay so I take your shit at the end of every level :P

Very nice! 

Will you be updating this wad with the newer maps?

1 minute ago, URROVA said:

Very nice! 

Will you be updating this wad with the newer maps?

I am going to keep making standalone maps and after they are tried tested and true I will keep adding to this megawad :)

Certainly a compilation of a bunch of interesting maps for sure. Are these sorted out by their release date or by difficulty?

5 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Certainly a compilation of a bunch of interesting maps for sure. Are these sorted out by their release date or by difficulty?

First map is the first map I made, second map is the second one, etc. The further you go the newer content you get :)

Just now, Argenteo said:

May I request a txt file with some info?

Right now I'm working hard on another project so I wasn't planning on making a text file and I figured the vid would be sufficient, what info are you looking for ?

"resetitems" words in mapinfo are redundant in fact that "resetinventory" already forces player to pistol start. It won't be bad thing unless it doesn't break Zdoom. But it does

Maybe remove these words to make the wad Zdoom compatible?

2 minutes ago, Argenteo said:

Gonna check out the video. Just tell me you didn't take out the great finale of map 13.  :)

haha the 500 exit fakeout triggered quite a few ppl so it didn't get included :P

6 minutes ago, SilverMiner said:

"resetitems" words in mapinfo are redundant in fact that "resetinventory" already forces player to pistol start. It won't be bad thing unless it doesn't break Zdoom. But it does

Maybe remove these words to make the wad Zdoom compatible?

Thank you for the feedback, this is my first attempt doing a megawad of sorts so this was good to know

The file has been updated :)

28 minutes ago, Clippy said:

PS pistol start is enforced on all maps as each map was originally released as standalone, carrying resources over fundamentally destroys gameplay so I take your shit at the end of every level :P

Something you could do is a hub map (in MAP00 slot maybe) from which you select which map you want to play next. Since there's no progression from one map to the other, there's no reason to set a specific order.

2 minutes ago, Gez said:

Something you could do is a hub map (in MAP00 slot maybe) from which you select which map you want to play next. Since there's no progression from one map to the other, there's no reason to set a specific order.

Well that's an interesting idea except for I don't have clue number one on how to do that one haha. I'll have to look into it down the road 😊

3 hours ago, Clippy said:

I sincerely wish I had the stones to do this

Nice, I wish more WAD authors did compilatons like this.

4 hours ago, Clippy said:

Right now I'm working hard on another project so I wasn't planning on making a text file and I figured the vid would be sufficient, what info are you looking for ?

I can't speak for Argenteo, but personally I'd like if the text file contained names and file names of all the single WADs this contains, so I can purge my WAD collection of duplicates.

Ah, this'll be a good chance to see some of the ones I missed.  Got it downloaded, but I think I'm going to try to make a video this time, will be at least a few days, but I'll post it then.

i think i want some fried chicken again......

but seriously, nice one! i can finally play all of your maps without having to hunt down all of the links! or maybe go to YouTube. 

1 hour ago, Caleb13 said:

Nice, I wish more WAD authors did compilatons like this.

I can't speak for Argenteo, but personally I'd like if the text file contained names and file names of all the single WADs this contains, so I can purge my WAD collection of duplicates.

Map 01 - Brutal Breakout - BB.wad
Map 02 - Imp World - IMPWORLD.wad
Map 03 - The Button - BUTTON.wad
Map 04 - Cursed Corridors - CC.wad
map 05 - Clippy's Party Pit - cpp.wad
Map 06 - Glistening Gas Leak - ggl.wad
Map 07 - Dinospasm - dinospasm.wad
Map 08 - Monster Jail Mayhem - elevator.wad
Map 09 - Sanctum of Secrets - eight.wad
Map 10 - 2 Cyberdemons oh my! - 2.wad (or 2a.wad)
Map 11 - Fortress of Secrecy - NTSH.wad
MAp 12 - Biohazard - biohazard.wad
Map 13 - Totes Crazy - hole.wad
Map 14 - Fried Chicken 87 - tech.wad
Map 15 - Backpack Snack Attack Party Pack - choices.wad
Map 16 - Oh my Goodness look at all the goodies on these boats!! - bost.wad
Map 17 - Shut up LSA - shaddup.wad
Map 18 - There and Back Again - (currently being made and not included in this set!)

1 minute ago, Deathclaw886 said:

oh, and i just realized the paperclip icon on the floors

Yes it's not an authentic Clippy map if it doesn't have that, don't accept knockoffs 

Congrats man, I'm pretty sure that "clippy" is going to become a recurring adjective to describe a certain style of doom levels.

Oh, and I nominate this for a "Clippyward", which I just invented, and it comes with double prize money.

Amazing! I completed this megawad just now. My favorte was map 7 because of crates, secretes and a lot of green (DinoSpasm). Nice placement of mastermind. It took me about 3 hours to complete this. Maybe i will record video on my channel. I need to find best settings for OBS. Always when i record a video , then i see only black screen

On 12/7/2020 at 9:54 PM, Deathclaw886 said:

oh, and i just realized the paperclip icon on the floors

Heh, for a long time, I thought they were supposed to be the @ character. I mean, they aren't very tall in the actual WADs, so they don't look much like a paperclip...

mate you know i am out for an inner break but you can't imagine how much i am happy to see this!!!!

It's something that i've been asking for so many times, now my brother can finally play them :)

good job!

2 hours ago, Zolgia108 said:

mate you know i am out for an inner break but you can't imagine how much i am happy to see this!!!!

It's something that i've been asking for so many times, now my brother can finally play them :)

good job!

Thanks buddy nice to hear from ya, I wanted to do this sooner but had to learn it - and map 9 screwed me up so hard

Stay safe buddy

Excuse me, but could you backup the latest version on Google Drive or other file service(s)? I tried downloading it from your site but it just doesn't work for some reason.

On 12/19/2020 at 6:23 PM, InDOOMnesia said:

Excuse me, but could you backup the latest version on Google Drive or other file service(s)? I tried downloading it from your site but it just doesn't work for some reason.

That's strange I never had anyone say they couldn't download from my site and it's where I've always hosted my files for years.

Is it because I put it in a zip file for the first time ever. Maybe I should go back to linking the wad and text file as standalone downloads and forget zipping

Let me know if you can access these other links

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/clippyworld

Edited by Clippy