Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Percy T

Favorite Food and Drink?

I haven't seen this question asked in the last few years, so here we go.

What are your favorite foods and drinks? Anything edible, it dosent have to pertain to just normal meals. 

Personally, out of all the food I like, sushi is probably my favorite. There are some sushi buffets around where I am that have huge varieties of sushi and other Asian cuisine, and my favourite type of sushi is probably the mango and crab meat roll.

As for drinks, I just drink water. I used to drink tons of juice and soda, but after realizing how much sugar is in them, I just stick with water now, especially since I'm trying to lose weight. Although, when I do drink soda, Dr.Pepper is my #1 choice. 

1. Basically anything with a plenty of meat. And no onions.
2. Either mead or tea with a bit of sugar.

If you leave me alone with any of your pasta dishes for more than 10 seconds.. it isn't my fault that you ran out of pasta already. Same with your tea.

Gee, there's so much that I love that I could go on all day. Recently I cooked a favorite of mine which my mom and grandma referred to as a 'creole' stew, which is made with pork loin. I have no idea if it's actually creole or not, but I could go dig up the recipe if anyone is interested.

Anyway, it's a very rich stew with a nice pork flavor to it, and a sour tang from its pickled ingredients.

Pizza, lasagna, burgers, and pasta.

For drinks, just various tea sortiments and coffee.

H2O bro all the way. Sometimes I like to filter it through some anxiety powder. Other times I like to use it to make a nice hot mug of leaf juice. Sometimes I indulge and have some kombucha.

My favourite food is everything

Pizza and burritos.

Usual pizza toppings are: tomato pyre, garlic, cheddar, pineapple or kiwi fruit, jalapeño or other chili and blue cheese. For my next pizza I've been thinking of trying it with peanutbutter mixed with the tomato pyre. Guacamole on top of the pizza when it's out of the oven is pretty good too, fits with the burritos too.

Usual burrito fillings are: peanutbutter, tomato vegetable bean sauce and hempseeds. I'll put some cheddar on the rolled burrito. Then into oven to make it a little crispy.

Drinks: water, orange juice, coffee, beer, wine, rum. Today I'll have a virgin Cuba libre without the cola.

Beancurd and cashewnuts in yellow bean sauce from Forest, a chinese takeaway in Forest Park, Bracknell. Number 125 on the menu.

I should also mention that everything I had at the Michelin-starred Hakkasan was pretty good too, even though it was only ranked 19th in the world at the time I first went there. I don't recall specific dishes, as it's all quite an assault on the senses.

The Massaman Curry at Mod's Thai House in Basalt, Colorado is highly recommended too. Each time I'm in Basalt I really do mean to try other places, but never seem to manage it.

And to drink? Any decent New Zealand gewürztraminer, riesling or sauvignon blanc. Or a trappist ale such as Chimay or Duvel.

If I'm having a phall from a British curry house, then it must be accompanied by a lassi.

Fried or squished boiled potatoes with mushrooms or/and turkey or/and sauerkraut or/and sourcream or/and pickles;

Borsch with sourcream or/and sauerkraut;

Meat dumplings with sourcream or/and sauerkraut;

Pickles with black bread and/or bacon as appetizer;

Trout soup with something above^

Pilaf with sauerkraut

Pickles with honey

Baked pumpkin

Radish

Roasted sunflower seeds/walnut/peanuts and also peanut butter

Black and red caviar with butter and bread

Maybe I forgot something (My country money is getting cheaper so )

What to drink:

Many types of black/green/red/wtf tea, mineral water (has to be tasty), vodka (has to be tasty too), citro, tarragon, milk (normal, baked fermented, curdled, kefir), coffee (whole grain), cocoa

Doner kebab, no chilli sauce, from the Triangle Fish Bar in Bristol, 25 years ago. &*^kin' lovely! 

2 of them. Or three - depends how drunk I was.

Quite partial to my wife's fish pie too :-)

there's a lot of food i like, so i'll just list 3 - pizza, lasagne and spaghetti bolognese

as for drink - i'd say coca cola, but mint tea is much better :)

Meal: Chicken / vegetables / rice. I prefer unprocessed foods. Also bananas, dark chocolate.

Drink: Hot chocolate with brown sugar (once per day). Drink mostly water though.

1 hour ago, Grazza said:

Beancurd and cashewnuts in yellow bean sauce from Forest, a chinese takeaway in Forest Park, Bracknell. Number 125 on the menu.

I should also mention that everything I had at the Michelin-starred Hakkasan was pretty good too, even though it was only ranked 19th in the world at the time I first went there. I don't recall specific dishes, as it's all quite an assault on the senses.

The Massaman Curry at Mod's Thai House in Basalt, Colorado is highly recommended too. Each time I'm in Basalt I really do mean to try other places, but never seem to manage it.

And to drink? Any decent New Zealand gewürztraminer, riesling or sauvignon blanc. Or a trappist ale such as Chimay or Duvel.

If I'm having a phall from a British curry house, then it must be accompanied by a lassi.

Wow, these are some interesting and exotic choices. I'm not old enough to drink yet but those sound like some fancy drinks my guy.

Hmm... for favorite food, it's probably a close tie between a smothered bean and carnitas burrito, and Kansai-style okonomiyaki with pork.

Drink is easy.  Black tea, cold, no ice, no lemon, no sugar.  Just plain, cold black tea.  Preferably strong af.

Favorite food is too tough for me to decide; I will eat pretty much anything at least once before I pass it off as something I’d never eat again. Some contenders would be General Tso’s chicken from local Chinese restaurants and breaded Hooter’s bone-in hot wings with 3-mile high sauce, but I don’t really like going there to eat because the waitresses are always sort of annoying (no offense to hooter girls of Doomworld), so I always get it to-go. 

Drink is easier. I’d say Dr. Pepper is my favorite soda, but if we’re talking alcohol, then I like Jim Bean + Dr. Pepper. I don’t drink alcohol very often though. 

With all that said, my diet has to change soon because I need to start getting back into shape. This year has had me all sorts of messed up. 

Edited by Gerolf

Momma's lasagne, ain't nothing ever beaten it and ain't nothing gonna beat it, my mother's cooking will never be bested and never shall I ever turn down a meal with family. 

And Twinings Lady Grey tea is the greatest drink ever made too, it's good for ya too.

Like a lot of people here, apparently, I love lasagne, pizza and burritos. Stuffed pasta, greek gyros, samosas and various curries are also among my favourites.

When it comes to junk, I mostly consume milk chocolate and chips (of the crispy variety, for any Brits present), especially doritos and a South African brand known as NikNaks (related to but distinct from the UK brand of the same name). Some of my relatives call me a 'chip-monk', who worships chips. They are punny people.

For drinks... water. Plain ol' tap water. Yes, you heard (read?) correctly. I only drink de-chlorinated tap water. No soft drinks, alcohol or milk.

16 hours ago, Omniarch said:

When it comes to junk, I mostly consume milk chocolate

I too am a slave to our dark master; the cocoa bean.

16 hours ago, Omniarch said:

For drinks... water. Plain ol' tap water. Yes, you heard (read?) correctly. I only drink de-chlorinated tap water. No soft drinks, alcohol or milk.

I drink lots of milk (especially when eating chocolate), and I'll certainly relish an ice cold Coca-Cola or two on a smoldering summer day (in that context it can be great fuel for mapping), but I've really come to appreciate just regular old tapwater in recent years. I live by a nice and sizeable freshwater lake which I get my tapwater from, and it's just great to be able to get fresh and ice cold water whenever I want.

For favorite food, it's spaghetti and pizza. My favorite pizza is meat pizza and pineapple pizza. One thing that bothers me about pineapple pizza is the hate, I keep seeing this in the internet. I understand if you dislike the taste, we have different mouths, but why do you have to be so vocal about it? There's no need to make a big deal. Maybe it's just a meme at this point, I guess it's cool to hate on pineapple pizza now.

For favorite drinks, its iced tea, honey flavor but I don't mind drinking other flavors. My favorite used to be softdrinks but I started disliking it because of the fizziness so I stopped drinking it, I only drink it now if someone offers me a cup of it.

15 minutes ago, Pegg said:

pineapple on pizza? HERETIC DETECTED, UNLEASH THE CHAOS SERPENTS!

Oh god, another one of the crazies.  Pineapple on pizza is only second to cheese.

Heh, I am lucky enough to hail from the land of gyros. It looks kinda like a burrito, but it's better.

There's nothing I can think of that tops it, hands down, especially with some good fried potatoes and tzatziki (a paste/dressing/sauce/whatever, mixture of yoghurt, cucumber, vinegar, olive oil and some garlic. It's tastier than it sounds, especially in combination with any spicy meat).

That and spaghetti bolognese, yes! I use a bit of red wine in the rinced meat and it really becomes something else. Try it for yourself!

As of drinks, lemon juice. I know that it has so much sugar, but man, one day I probably won't be able to drink as freely as I can now xD