Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

Old Mystery Burner Phone Found in My Bathroom Ceiling

Have lived in this apartment for five years without knowing about this until today. Good thing I'm moving out in a couple months.

I love old buildings, and shit like this is one reason for that. If you're able to charge it and find any info on it, it's probably best that you don't post any of it, though I'd be interested to know if you found something.

When my dad renovated our living room when I was a small child he let me draw on the exposed wall before he covered it with the final layer of drywall. Assuming people are still living in this house in the future, the next person to renovate that room will be surprised to find a crude drawing of Spongebob sandwiched between layers of drywall.

3 hours ago, Skeletonpatch said:

I love old buildings, and shit like this is one reason for that. If you're able to charge it and find any info on it, it's probably best that you don't post any of it, though I'd be interested to know if you found something.

When my dad renovated our living room when I was a small child he let me draw on the exposed wall before he covered it with the final layer of drywall. Assuming people are still living in this house in the future, the next person to renovate that room will be surprised to find a crude drawing of Spongebob sandwiched between layers of drywall.

This building is 135 years old, I can't even image the amount of stories it could tell. And if i did find anything bad or personal on the phone no way I'd post it. I doubt I can find a charger for it anyways. Honestly, there's probably nothing on it.

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

Try charging it up to see if there are any numbers / messages / photos stored :-P

If you have access to an adjustable power supply you can hook it directly up to the phone using the battery’s specs (I.e. 13.5V, 100mA).

You might find 1 of 3 things:

• A) you find nothing on it and you can sleep somewhat easy at night with the mystery living on.
  • B) you find boring every day messages on it (hopefully one where the previous owner mentions they are fixing the roof) and you can sleep easy at night.
  • C) you find some horrifically disturbing photos and discover that is no mere “chicken bone” in the rice and you never sleep a wink in that house ever again :-P

I’m gonna guess it’s most likely going to be either A or B and someone forgot it up there while fixing a pipe / the roof or something previously but it is some weird shit regardless! 

Note: While I think the chances of finding something sinister on there are low, I would probably be too chicken to look through the phone myself so don’t blame you at all if you just chuck it :-P

The theory that it's a burner phone for a weed dealer sounds plausible, that'd be a reason for someone to hide a phone like that, along with some of the other items. I can't really think of anything else that's plausible.

20 minutes ago, Pegg said:

Never plug random devices you find into your machines. They might be an attempt to hijack into your devices. 

True, though what would the odds be that this was a setup for a thing like that? I suppose it could have some virus or malware on it from careless internet use, though one wonders just how long it's been up there and if it's even compatible with modern systems.

Man, this sounds straight out of the begining of a creepypasta!!!

Just now, Biodegradable said:

I turned on the phone and Peter Griffin appeared on the screen and then he turned into a skeleton and his eye sockets leaked with HYPER-REALISTIC BLOOD!

AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT OF HIS EYE SOCKET!!!1!!

This is genuinely curious, considering where it was stored, makes one wonder why specifically there.

I don't honestly find it unsettling, just curious. Whoever lived there previously must have left these things behind after they no longer served any purpose. But even that, what purpose could it be? The other things you claim to have discovered, like the bowl, are far more intriguing than the phone itself.

Who knows what the previous owner was into, so if you can, you could perhaps try to turn on that phone, although the fact that it was left behind makes me suspect whatever was stored inside its memory once is probably long erased. You don't just "forget" such things, especially if you have something to hide, since no memory card or SIM is present.

9 hours ago, DSC said:

AND THEN A SKELETON POPPED OUT OF HIS EYE SOCKET!!!1!!

And the skeleton let out a horrifying 8-bit scream while the music to Lavender Town played backwards!

Edited by Dubbagdarrel

15 hours ago, bejiitas_wrath said:

Imagine if you switched it on and it opened a portal and demons poured out. Then we would have Doom II in real life. 

At this point I'd welcome it.

How would the world react to Doom 2 in real life? Would we be able to handle a massive invasion of horrible monsters that are not very smart, but are relentless and bent on killing us all?

I can run in circles and operate a side-by-side shotgun, so I'm pretty sure I'd destroy Hell single-handedly. 

On 12/14/2020 at 6:18 AM, bejiitas_wrath said:

How would the world react to Doom 2 in real life? Would we be able to handle a massive invasion of horrible monsters that are not very smart, but are relentless and bent on killing us all?

We could barely handle a global pandemic.

Nah, if Doom 2 gets real, I think we're all screwed.

I first read the thread title as "Old Mystery Burger Phone Found in My Bathroom Ceiling" before realizing the thread starter wasn't Ajora.

But I think I got the title for the next 32in24 right there.

1 hour ago, Gez said:

I first read the thread title as "Old Mystery Burger Phone Found in My Bathroom Ceiling" before realizing the thread starter wasn't Ajora.

But I think I got the title for the next 32in24 right there.

yes.

image.png.9472db38cef5cecbb5629934e626119f.png

1 hour ago, seed said:

We could barely handle a global pandemic.

Nah, if Doom 2 gets real, I think we're all screwed.

If it's one thing that humanity is really good at, it's fighting and killing, we're in fact so good at killing that we need to lay down laws about hunting so that people don't go out into forests and wildlands and exterminate edible species of animals. Commercial harvesting of wild ducks was outlawed in the US because people would blast entire flocks of ducks with gigantic shotguns, making a borderline industrial operation out of it, ducks were seriously running out. There was also the world wars, were we took combat and killing each other into realms never seen before in all of our history, it's a century later for the first one, and we're still in complete awe and bewilderment at the ridiculousness and extremes of it all, and the second one was wild in all of its own ways.

I think if hell came, we'd have an enormous combat situation at hand, there'd never have been a better excuse in all of history for us to kill, and we probably wouldn't feel like the need to hold back against demons like we (sometimes) feel we have to against each other. I really think our chances would be pretty decent.

8 minutes ago, kalaeth said:

yes.

image.png.9472db38cef5cecbb5629934e626119f.png

FUCK YEAH! BURGERPHONE!

28 minutes ago, ChopBlock223 said:

If it's one thing that humanity is really good at, it's fighting and killing, we're in fact so good at killing that we need to lay down laws about hunting so that people don't go out into forests and wildlands and exterminate edible species of animals. Commercial harvesting of wild ducks was outlawed in the US because people would blast entire flocks of ducks with gigantic shotguns, making a borderline industrial operation out of it, ducks were seriously running out. There was also the world wars, were we took combat and killing each other into realms never seen before in all of our history, it's a century later for the first one, and we're still in complete awe and bewilderment at the ridiculousness and extremes of it all, and the second one was wild in all of its own ways.

I think if hell came, we'd have an enormous combat situation at hand, there'd never have been a better excuse in all of history for us to kill, and we probably wouldn't feel like the need to hold back against demons like we (sometimes) feel we have to against each other. I really think our chances would be pretty decent.

You underestimate the enemy humanity will have to deal with though. A worldwide invasion of entities of inhuman power cannot compare to a bunch of mere mortals with likely primitive arsenal by comparison to stand up against them.

We are good at killing, yes, but also good at killing each other. So I still very much think humanity would get rekt completely in such a scenario. Depending on how fast the invasion would be, I wouldn't be surprised it'd be worse than the Seven Hour War too.

1 hour ago, ChopBlock223 said:

It wouldn't really matter if whatever arrives has anything that current tactics\weapons don't do anything against. You can make a huge list of things that humans won't stand a chance against and mix them together to make your favorite doom scenarios, examples:

A) Teleportation

B) Wall Phasing

C) Force shields

D) Space tier aircrafts

E) Whatever can lurk in water and shoot to land

F) Mind control, especially mass forms

G) The thing - assimilators -

H) Advanced heat\weather manipulation

Most of them would be completely op on their own. Doesn't matter how much you want to kill something if they already win before fights even get a chance to start.

I can tell that that the company for that mobile phone also made a hybrid touchscreen with keypad phone that my parents used to have.

No idea when the company disappeared though, but it would be due to competition.

Edit: the description you have for that rice food matches the rice with chicken serving here in Bangladesh. Where are you living right now?

On that discussion here about hell or aliens invading. I think if they came down with guns or whatever, oh well, just another day in paradise. I’d be more worried if they pulled out a salt shaker, completely care-free about anything we throw at them; We are their dinner. 

To be honest, if demons were to invade us, they would just walk out of the portal and then walk in through it again like that old Grampa Simpson GIF.