Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Affucado

The Steppe of Terror - An Official GZDoom Compatibility 11-level Megawad

Welcome back, An 11-level megawad was made with ObAddon using Oblige and Doomkid's Doom 64 sprites and sounds! So you have to play!

-----

Are you ready to burn in hell during chrismas day again!!!

It is time to destroy the earth against demons and the virus!!!

And now are you ready to win or die!!!

RIP AND TEAR! UNTIL THIS IS SPARTA!

Download now for free!

Thank you for playing!

Edited by Affucado : Okay I will almost finish it

First off, 11 maps don't count as a megawad by community terms.

Second of all, haven't you made a similar thread like yesterday? If these maps are made by Oblige no one is gonna play those.

I advise grabbing Doom Builder and start making your own actual maps instead of relying on a bot to do that.

I like Oblige maps. But, I think posting something like this just foolishly.

As an alternative, it would be possible create a separate common topic, like "Oblige Projects" and place all related to the Oblige maps in it, that would not clog the forum.

3 hours ago, Affucado said:

using Oblige

Well, I appreciate the sincerity, but still you shouldn't post randomly generated levels here. Keep them to yourself.

2 hours ago, Doomenator said:

I like Oblige maps. But, I think posting something like this just foolishly.

As an alternative, it would be possible create a separate common topic, like "Oblige Projects" and place all related to the Oblige maps in it, that would not clog the forum.

Sounds like a nice idea but it would just be clogged and get boring

2 hours ago, HLRaven said:

Sounds like a nice idea but it would just be clogged and get boring

In fact, it boring is initially. But it is still better to localize such "trash" in one place. )

I'm glad that the OP specifies it can be downloaded for free, just in case anyone might have been in the market for someone else's Oblige wad but was scared off by the prospect of paying for the privilege

It seems you have not learned from your previous threads that you should know how to post maps and previews.

If you don't want people to view your works as jokes, please just follow the link below. At least you should provide people with map screenshots to give them a taste of things to come.

Edited by TheNoob_Gamer

1 hour ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

And why does it always have to be a 11-level wad?

Is there a problem with that number? Let's not put a standard to how many maps can your wads have.

10 minutes ago, Gothic said:

Is there a problem with that number? Let's not put a standard to how many maps can your wads have.

Apologies, I was just bugged at the OP's format in general.

55 minutes ago, Gothic said:

In all fairness, 11 maps don't constitute a megawad.

Definitions of megawad aside, 11 maps isn't necessarily a completely meaningless number for a map set—it constitutes the first two "episodes" (defined by intermission screen) of Doom II.

That said, as far as I know from the description, the OP is just packaging up whatever Oblige farts out, so assuming that's correct I'm not sure why you wouldn't go for 32 or whatever since it's essentially the same amount of "effort".

Why hasn't OP said something yet? Do you think that the account is an AI that posts Oblige maps?

Edit: Now that I think about it, the posts do seem auto-generated, who knows?

9 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Why hasn't OP said something yet? Do you think that the account is an AI that posts Oblige maps?

No, he is probably just a kid with ADHD.

On 12/11/2020 at 12:14 AM, Gothic said:

I recall hearing that a megawad is at least 15 levels or something like that.

8 hours ago, ChopBlock223 said:

I recall hearing that a megawad is at least 15 levels or something like that.

According to the doomwiki, this is correct. However, John Romero called Sigil a megawad, despite it only being an episode. 

18 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

According to the doomwiki, this is correct. However, John Romero called Sigil a megawad, despite it only being an episode. 

Oddly enough, Romero can get away with calling a 9-map pack a megawad while the same isn't true of some kid uploading a randomly-generated map pack.

42 minutes ago, Egg Boy said:

22 minutes ago, Gez said:

Oddly enough, Romero can get away with calling a 9-map pack a megawad while the same isn't true of some kid uploading a randomly-generated map pack.

In Romero's POV, 9 SP maps + 9 DM maps = 18 maps (despite both of these portions can be mixed in one level), which is more than the 15 maps standard. I suppose the definition wasn't particularly looked into before.

3 hours ago, Egg Boy said:

A controversial move, though his logic is also evident.