Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OniriA

2021 Goals & Intentions

Release maps outside of the DBPs (good proving grounds though I'm not sure where to go after making MAP01 of Umbral Platinum since I feel I finally accomplished what I was trying to do with maps like it that I've made in the past.)

Oh and begin claiming territory in social media being a pixel artist and receiving those encouraging endorphins (as well as some money) or whatever. Game development. Updating my beautiful website. Make every day much more meaningful and feeling more alive. It still seems so difficult to do but its gotta' happen one way or another. 2020's almost over my dudes and it would be best to prepare for what you want to do next year now.

Are you implying there is 2021? No, there is just 2020 Part 2: Bloody Boogaloo.

But uh... I really do not have that many goals in mind so far, I think I still have to wait a few more weeks until I can set my mind well.

TCTOA will be on pause until I can find a solution to get all the stuff I lost... And it was a lot, on a certain way.

Aside that, I guess just play more games, my life is not interesting, so..

We've always had big plans for DBP32 since it's such a magic Doom number. After that, I might be changing things up a bit!

13 minutes ago, SuperCupcakeTactics said:

Release maps outside of the DBPs (good proving grounds though I'm not sure where to go after making MAP01 of Umbral Platinum since I feel I finally accomplished what I was trying to do with maps like it that I've made in the past.)

I feel ya, MAP01 of UP was a real accomplishment. I didn't wanna dogpile the year's mentionation thread but DBP18 was secretly my pick for best all-around DBP. Excited to see what you're gonna cook up in the future!

-Continue to provide regular Doom wad playtesting streams, at least one a month.

-Hopefully take care of my massive "other games" list so I can establish a healthy Doom wad/other game balance on my livestreams in the future.

-Play more Doom mods.

@Big Ol Billy

1407062757_tomatocowboy.thumb.png.4fe6c1

This caught my attention and completely distracted me from your post. 

What is this unusual creature? It's hilarious looking, but also rather creative. 

Learn how to map -> make a map with sadgirl that'll be effectively impossible to beat, likely I'll be the only person to enjoy it.

Finish demos for Frog.wad map10, toad.wad table fill. (Map9 has been causing me some serious issues so far)

Demo Bastion of Chaos for Bridge

Demo Dimensions map03 for myself

Demo Breathless for MrZzul / Nirvana.

After that? Who knows. 

Outside of doom I'd like to be able to hold a basic conversation in Japanese by the end of the year. 

Doom wise, my goal is to finish what is likely to be my last Doom 2 megawad currently halfway complete which includes the maps and original midi soundtrack.

(Tentative list, may change as time goes by) I'm the kind to make big lists and barely complete any of the points written. But here goes nothing, I guess.

1. Improve college grade(s)

2. Improve drawing skills

3. Write more outside of college tasks (DMW counts as well, depending on your view)

4. Start developing coding skills for DOOM modding, or mapping skills for RAD

5. Save money for a new laptop

6. Read more books

7. (Last but not least) change username back to taufan99!

To say something:

1: successfully release something in the doom community

2: Finish my personal books

3: learn zscript

2020 goals:

-Complete two standalone Wayfarer's Tome/Heretic maps. but apparently I did two collab maps instead
-Get at least enough sprites and textures done to complete those two maps (but hopefully more) uh, mostly-ish?
-Learn how to do light 3D architecture for detailing purposes.
-Get through all Not the Cacowards reviews for the 2019 season, and finish /newstuff reposts and a few other stray things for 2016-2018; if possible, get started on pre-2016 history.
-Restrain myself from writing anything big about Doom that isn't part of my normal rotation.

So I guess for 2021:
-Finish sprites for Flamethrower Snek and do four other monsters, plus finish my slate of items and decorations.

-Start mapping on my next big project.

-Do the two single Wayfarer's Tome/Heretic maps I didn't do last year, or at least start them.

-Continue Not the Cacowards if possible, focusing on pre-2016 history, and do the Top 20 Maps thing for 2020.

5 hours ago, rd. said:

I have somewhat neglected mapping over the past couple of years, and since many people enjoy my maps, I will be starting an ongoing thread in Wads and Mods later this month, for small unambitious projects. 

Blank Space remaster when????

52 minutes ago, OniriA said:

This caught my attention and completely distracted me from your post. 

What is this unusual creature? It's hilarious looking, but also rather creative. 

<<< This is the DBP mascot, Tomatoman, who as of late has been dressing up for each month's DBP (most recently, the old-west-themed The Magnificent Five). They're all based on the silly TOMATO graphic from Mock 2, which SuperCupcakeTactics introduced way back in DBP12. After DBP18 he's taken on a bit of a life of his own!

I need to actually finish a map. I have 3 maps at varying stages of completion (2 pretty close to being done), but I just keep hitting a brick wall. Either I create all the encounters and then have to add more detail to the map (not a fan of detailing, would much rather spend energy on encounter design), I don't know how to end it, or I just burn out and think the map is garbage - which they probably are. I know the only way to improve is to put something out there and get feedback, but my brain is a stupid ho.

1.finish few more maps for my vanilla megawad(at least get map01-map11 of it fully tested and playable), maybe make a proper WIP topic about it(not the "oh i abandoning it or i'm not, i'm not sure, maybe it will be released in 2024 or not" like i did before)
2.NOT to drop out from the university
3.Improve my pixel-art drawing skills

Don't have any goals other than to finish a standalone mapset. I haven't really taken the opportunity to hone my abilities without the pressure of deadlines or making stuff for someone else's project.

I have something small in the works, aiming for a release either at the end of this year or early next year. After that, I do have asperations to make a proper full megawad. Taking into account irl stuff and general laziness, that's a goal and intention that will definitely extend past 2021. 

2 hours ago, Big Ol Billy said:

<<< This is the DBP mascot, Tomatoman, who as of late has been dressing up for each month's DBP (most recently, the old-west-themed The Magnificent Five). They're all based on the silly TOMATO graphic from Mock 2, which SuperCupcakeTactics introduced way back in DBP12. After DBP18 he's taken on a bit of a life of his own!

I want to pet it.

Goals for the next year would be:

• Release mapping projects I'm working on.
  • Continue on studies.
  • Host one community project.
  • Become spider mastermind.
  • Survive until the next year safe and healthy. 

Goals for 2021:

- Become faster at mapping

- Improve detailing and visual design skills in maps

- Complete first 2 episodes in planned megawad. This would total 11 maps, of which 4 are complete already, so 7 maps in a year seems reasonable

- Continue to contribute to community projects

- Actively participate in community more instead of just lurking all the time

- Keep my youtube channel growing, but not exclusively for doom content.

- Compile homemade status bars and release that shit.

- Actually start something numerous and ambitious that can be released in demo state or whatever, not necessarily all in the same year.

- Become the next Memfis make and release single simple low-key fun maps.

- eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

- I want that cacodemon ornament to materialize and shine on my christmas tree.

If the global economy manages to bounce back at all next year, I'd like to improve my monthly income quota so I can increase my quality of life and maybe afford a place of my very own. I also kind of let my health slip a bit this year because, hoo boy, did I feel pretty low at some points thanks to how intensely awful everything has been. I was genuinely worried I was going to have a depression relapse for a few months but thankfully I didn't. So, I'd like to fix my sleep schedule at least a little and adjust my eating habits too. 

I'll be finishing my music degree this year, that's come around bloody fast, so my main goal is just getting everything for that finished up and then planning my next steps.

Doom-wise it's been a dry couple of years, but hopefully Elementalism phase 1 will be out in 2021 and that's like the biggest thing I've ever worked on so I'm excited for that! There's a couple of other things I want to take care of as well, and some stuff I'm not allowed to talk about, and embarrassingly there's someone who asked me for some MIDIs like 3 years ago so hopefully I can do some work with that D: Also been considering getting into streaming music stuff; not sure if my PC is up to that challenge though.

I kept it vague but 2020 goals were largely about bringing PlayStation Doom to run natively on PC with PsyDoom. Thankfully I got most of the way there on that, despite a crazy busy and insane year in general.

For 2021 I want to finish off the remaining features I had in mind and bring the project over the finish line. I also want to start having a little fun and make a few maps specifically for PsyDoom. Partially I want to do this to work through the modding process and figure out how to add new textures, music, test out planned limit removing/reduction etc. but also just because I haven't mapped for Doom since the 90s and it's a fun thing to do :)