Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2021 Mentionation Thread

+1 Bourgeois Megawad

+1 MID The Way Id Did

@Doomkid and co. have been on a roll this year.

+1 Doom 2 in Spain only. (Trustworthy Software, Jimmy etc) Great megawad!

+1 for Heartland

And the fantastic @OpenRift & co. Twango1.wad, so impressive DM mapset with a classical vanilla atmosphere

3 hours ago, toxic.rat said:

+1 for Heartland

And the fantastic @OpenRift & co. Twango1.wad, so impressive DM mapset with a classical vanilla atmosphere

maxresdefault-3.jpg.792bef3b5e4c29c22807567a736b9c02.jpg

awww thank youuuuu :D

+1 for In Spain Only

+1 for MID the way id did

+1 NRFTL Midi pack

+1 Master Levels Midi pack

This year been having a whole new surge of midi packs, and they fucking slap.

+1 for Arrival

Really great Doom II episode with challenging fights, open levels, great visuals using stock textures, and an awesome soundtrack. 

I think that there should be a rule that if you're nominated by the king himself, you automatically win all the year's cacowards. 

I mean @Roebloz cannot be understated even before Romero's Seal of Approval - The mere fact he pulled it off with John at his age makes him at the very least elligible for a newcomer award.

Ofcourse, SIGIL working in 32X is an amazing feat, ill reference it on the Wiki for pure aweosmeness.

Having said that, one of his first projects was the Cybersweeper hack for 32X and although i barely did anything for him, he honored me as a texture.

Which is not really an achievement in IRL means but the fact that Roebloz just did that of the cuff.

I think its great seeing relatively new fresh faces such as his shaping up in the community. And with Romero's Seal, it becomes a challenge to overrule, @Not Jabba.. :P

PS: As a side:

@OpenRift, not just for Twango or his Twangotex pack (I hope it sees usage!) but also (But this isn't nomination worthy i know, i just want it recorded for posterity) for holding a particularly niche interest within Doom: That of executable hacks, Doom95 and the like. Its inspiring having someone ask those silly-coot questions that cover the more unknown parts of Doom.

Man, is this year's Cacowards going to rock!