Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Not Jabba

Cacowards 2021 Mentionation Thread

4 hours ago, Pegleg said:

If Mordeth finishes and releases the rest of Mordeth, I think everyone would be absolutely shocked if it did not win the Mordeth Award for that year.

Fixed.

2 hours ago, ReaperAA said:

If Mordeth finishes and releases the rest of Mordeth, I think everyone would be absolutely shocked.

Re-fixed

15 hours ago, Pegleg said:

Once Mordeth finishes and releases the rest of Mordeth, I think everyone would be absolutely shocked if it did not win the Mordeth Award for that year.

What if Mordeth, Freedoom, BTSX3, and TNT Devilution all finish in the same year?

2 minutes ago, northivanastan said:

What if Mordeth, Freedoom, BTSX3, and TNT Devilution all finish in the same year?

pls no

3 hours ago, northivanastan said:

not jabba would have a stroke

13 hours ago, Gez said:

Re-fixed

If Mordeth and Doom Millennium finish and release simultaneousely, than Doomworld's URL itself will be shocked.

They are the greatest mysteries of the community.

Even the history itself is fascinating.

6 hours ago, northivanastan said:

Well, the Cacowards team would have a mental breakdown

On 6/21/2021 at 12:47 AM, 1Destro3456 said:

Well, the Cacowards team would have a mental breakdown

I say one solution is a runners up for a Mordeth award. :P

+1 for Arrival from @Pavera (awesome music from @AD_79 too!)

+1 for Syringe (if it counts?) from  Pavera, @Tarnsman , @Marcaek, and @Xaser

I replayed D2TWID recently among other wads, finally paying more attention to map credits and taking notes, I saw these names a lot and had to play more. I can easily say that Syringe and Arrival are some of the best wads I've played this year, what a blast.

Edited by Xeogred

6 hours ago, Xeogred said:

+1 for Arrival from @Pavera (awesome music from @AD_79 too!)

+1 for Syringe (if it counts?) from  Pavera, @Tarnsman , @Marcaek, and @Xaser

I replayed D2TWID recently among other wads, finally paying more attention to map credits and taking notes, I saw these names a lot and had to play more. I can easily say that Syringe and Arrival are some of the best wads I've played this year, what a blast.

From the link you have posted in Syringe:

"Syringe became recipient of one of the Cacowards in 2020."

I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but what qualifies as a cacoward eligible? Anything that runs in GZDoom?
I loved the atmosphere of this one, and as far as I know development stopped in the 2021 window:

I'd call this a mod rather than a WAD though.

9 minutes ago, tei tenga said:

I apologize if this has been asked a million times, but what qualifies as a cacoward eligible? Anything that runs in GZDoom?

Anything that is related to Doom or the Doom engine or a Doom source port. This can even extend to Doom 3 stuff, e.g. Doom 3: Phobos got a runner-up spot in the 2019 cacowards.

Such awesome content posted here. I would not want to be the guy or gal who has to pick the winners.

+++1 to AUGER;ZENITH, this doesn't even feel/look like a community project, much less one made in just 1 month.

It might be just me but it feels weird to have so many phenomenal wads coming out this year that the bar this year is raised so high that most things mentioned here seemed to have hit a ceiling of quality where i wouldn't be able to rank things above/below each other anymore.

Edited by MattFright : do you ever make a typo and only realize it 20 minutes later? yeah. that's my life

+ Cydonia

Truly the ultimate "Lost Levels" of Putonia. I'm pretty confident I liked this even more than Plutonia 2 personally. Excellent!

I would nominate Luminous Gloom, visually stunning and atmospheric mapset with some excellent tight combat. Big highlight of this year IMO.

Doomguy's face when he realised he was gonna be the protagonist in Sunder.

I'd give a point to Auger; Zenith but I still need to play more than 20 minutes, probably not until after I've finished WMC-02(which I believe will be just as celebrated as DBP with time

5 hours ago, bLOCKbOYgAMES said:

Doomguy's face when he realised he was gonna be the protagonist in Sunder.

I think you meant to post this in "react to the profile picture above you", unless I'm missing something.

Also, as @VisionThing pointed out, Luminous Gloom is great as well.