Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

New 2 map set - just in time for Clipmas! "There and Back again"

DOWNLOAD IT HERE --> https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gEWIlKcK9i2ndkxu9Z_pH0sbqgTTvsKO/view?usp=share_link

Doom 2 - probably needs GZDOOM as it does use mapinfo and for the first time ever has ONE decorate lump in it cause of a custom decoration - Merry Clipmas! 

This map might take you an hour to play bro!  ....maybe longer 

Jumping & crouching disabled. Free look optional. Dynamic lights look cool. 

bata.png

More legendary artwork by Arqueto ^^^

Video: 

Spoiler

Screen shots:

Spoiler

Screenshot-Doom-20201206-021931.png

^^^ You really wanna grab that rocket launcher or you won't have it sooner

Screenshot-Doom-20201209-152318.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201209-152326.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201209-152958.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201209-153647.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-135006.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-135207.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-142217.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-142327.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-142342.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-142352.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-142533.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-145755.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201211-153453.png

The bonus map / no secret exit required it goes right to it:
Screenshot-Doom-20201211-143057.png

Whew just in time for my Birthday! 2 maps for the price of 1! 

Wow guys this is my most epic map ever, I wanted to create a map with unique progression and have some fun doing silly things and boy did it get out of hand lol. 

Monster count:

UV - 577
HMP - 399
ITYTD/HNTR - 226

I actually didn't mean to pack this many monsters in, my previous record was 300 but this map was hungry

ALL DIFFICULTIES SUPPORTED!! 

Guess what, this map has 25 secrets! TWENTY-FIVE! Get it? 25? Cause Clipmas. Dec 25 huh how about that

PS dynamic lighting looks swank doesn't it?

Don't forget to stick around after that first map:

Map 01 - "There and Back Again" ~~ a map where you go there, and go back again ... a few times. Constantly changing environments and wacky happenings. EPIC times, huge and full of monsters and things to explore - have fun! A mysterious being has set loose a horde of monsters in this one, who  could have done this? Fight their leader in map 2!

Map 02 - "Clipmas Tree Lot" ~~ Whew! Map one was epic, now you can relax in map 2, you can beat it in a minute if you play your cards right and find that secret eh. Just a fun little holiday map. 

Silly Sounds: (a silly optional extra you can get if you want, like bonus material on a DVD ... remember DVDs) So I recorded a custom track for when a low tier monster dies, just playing around. My wife got interested and when sleep deprived recorded about 8 more. If you want to experience this wacky addon then stick this in your stocking and play it with the other wad!! --> http://www.levelgame.net/doom/sillysounds.wad /// just having fun with this extra file - not actually needed to play. This could be amusing for a few minutes before annoyance ensues 

So there it is I hope you like it! All feedback / videos welcome!

There is a lot here and with vigorous testing I hope there's no soft locks or progression breaks, let me know if you find things for me to fix!

Have fun :)

DOWNLOAD IT HERE -->  https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gEWIlKcK9i2ndkxu9Z_pH0sbqgTTvsKO/view?usp=share_link

Edited by Clippy : LOOK DOWN FOR A STORY

This map was a blast! I love how it unfolded itself over time. The scrolling sky really messed with me, too. XD

Didn't really find anything game-breaking or any messed-up visuals.

(FIREBLU2 with lite amplication goggles is an experience.)

MAP01: Killed all monsters, found only 8 secrets. Disappointed I didn't go for only 4 since Dec. 4th's my birthday.
MAP02: Found Santa!

I forgot to record a video, oh well. I will say I enjoyed the map a lot. Didn't really get confused or anything. Had a few low-health states but those were easily remedied.

Awesome job, and merry Clipmas! :P

29 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

This map was a blast! I love how it unfolded itself over time. The scrolling sky really messed with me, too. XD

Yeah I think this takes place on a rotating asteroid

Thanks so much for playing and glad you had fun :)

Oh my god this map is so mean I love it!

Edit: After beating it I really want to express how much I enjoyed this map

It looks extremely unique, which is extra impressive considering it mainly uses vanilla textures

The layout was pretty intuitive and flowed very well, I only got slightly lost once and not for long

And finally the monster placement, I was blown away at a lot of fights that got thrown at the player. Overall a lot of memorable encounters in this map (I won't spoil most of them because you should seriously play it)

Spoiler

The first Cyberdemon was a major pain in the ass (in a good way). not having enough ammo at first but still having to navigate around him multiple times with extra monsters thrown in after each loop back really puts pressure on the player

I mainly got stuck on two parts

-That first Cyberdemon and archvile in the corresponding hallway were a match made in hell. The archvile refused to leave the next room, making me juggle killing it with dodging a Cyberdemon from behind

-The last Collection of archviles that are unleashed after a huge battle. I died 11 times because I kept looting the last chain gunner at the top of the stairs when I desperately needed my fists out to punch the archviles to death

10/10 Also was that Quinny with his tongue sticking out? Super cute!

Edited by Snaxalotl : Providing feedback after completing map

Pretty bloody mean like some of your outings my friend, but there's a good measure of kindness in some regard lmao. It's a terrific map and I'm sure people will get a kick out of it. Took me a while to get used to the rhythm of progression and you confused the fuck out of me from beginning to end lol. For some reason, the bonus map bugged and I had to noclip out of the hole as the button didn't work. As always, enjoy my torment, you clever bastard ;^)

Wow Clippy, what have you done? Dont know where to start!

I think this is probably my favourite map, it felt really tight in combat, and most of the times I forgot to save just because I was so engaged with the action.

I really hope people dont take your map as a "casual xmas map" because I think you did an amazing job here.

Progression was in your style, never got lost, always got surprised on how many connections are around once you make progress.

Secrets were so much fun to find, I was missing this from your previous maps! Sadly I left behind 3 secrets (22/25), I couldnt find those even with the computer map, arggg.. but killed em all (633!!)

The second map was just hilarious haha, Happy Holidays buddy!

Edited by Soulless

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Pretty bloody mean like some of your outings my friend, but there's a good measure of kindness in some regard lmao. It's a terrific map and I'm sure people will get a kick out of it. Took me a while to get used to the rhythm of progression and you confused the fuck out of me from beginning to end lol. For some reason, the bonus map bugged and I had to noclip out of the hole as the button didn't work. As always, enjoy my torment, you clever bastard ;^)

Oh man thank you so much for the video - this was a great movie for me

lol I love that start "I'm going to regret this, aren't I?" I def went too big in this map but hope you had fun overall

You hump a lot of walls lookin for secrets, I don't think I ever hide things on random walls without some cue to them

I liked your screen that shows monster count the whole time, I always check this when playing. Wish I could keep track of your health tho

When you were in that fireblu room jumping to the edge of the circular platform you were so close to finding the switch behind it but you jumped off too soon

When you said you were in purgatory because of that red bottleneck steps area with the fat mancubus on it. That gives me the hardest time too, I was wondering if that was too much haha - turned out to be a waaaay bigger roadblock than expected

In that same part you got the archviles, both of them on the steps and up there - I've never been able to do that, would have been the perfect time to rocket them while they're stuck in one place. I never considered that happening, interesting what happens when more ppl play

That little blue light thing on the ceiling you were curious about was something I needed there to make a certain map event trigger properly so I decorated it

"Son of a bitch... that's rude" lol when the archvile snuck up to ya, it's nice to see my traps set off haha. Man I realize I am super evil sometimes huh

Those windows turned out to be more manacing than I thought, when you left monsters outside those cacos tormented you the rest of the time outside, it worked out better than expected

When that archvile got ya in the cat room you called me a bastard than had a laugh haha glad you laughed at my sinister mapping. And yeah I was laughing my ass off like a supervillan seeing his evil devices in action

PS Xmas tree does provide cover

IDBEHOLDL to turn off googles - lol it did feel excessively long

I did starve the player for cells to have something to put in my secrets

PS I'm going to add a smidge more ammo to the end I think, bullets in the lowering pillar archvile room and stray rockets in the lava path in the basement before the finale

Also for map 02 you have to shoot the switch to get out of the hole, this doubles as waking up the boss because you have to make noise to get out

Or you could shoot the floor with a rocket + freelook haha

Hey again thanks so much your vid means a lot, it's good to see it's possible and travelable and seems to work quite well, whew - good times

16 hours ago, Snaxalotl said:

Oh my god this map is so mean I love it!

Edit: After beating it I really want to express how much I enjoyed this map

It looks extremely unique, which is extra impressive considering it mainly uses vanilla textures

The layout was pretty intuitive and flowed very well, I only got slightly lost once and not for long

And finally the monster placement, I was blown away at a lot of fights that got thrown at the player. Overall a lot of memorable encounters in this map (I won't spoil most of them because you should seriously play it)

Reveal hidden contents

The first Cyberdemon was a major pain in the ass (in a good way). not having enough ammo at first but still having to navigate around him multiple times with extra monsters thrown in after each loop back really puts pressure on the player

I mainly got stuck on two parts

-That first Cyberdemon and archvile in the corresponding hallway were a match made in hell. The archvile refused to leave the next room, making me juggle killing it with dodging a Cyberdemon from behind

-The last Collection of archviles that are unleashed after a huge battle. I died 11 times because I kept looting the last chain gunner at the top of the stairs when I desperately needed my fists out to punch the archviles to death

10/10 Also was that Quinny with his tongue sticking out? Super cute!

Ah I see you updated your post, thanks for the feedback, yes Quinn sticks his tongue out. There is a video on my youtube where he is doing it while making this very map haha

I had fun with the layout and monster placement, glad it wasn't hopelessly confusing

So in the end you mentioned punching, did you also run of of ammo? After watching Bio play above I added more to the end and replaced the previous file, thinking about adding even more - hmmmmmm decisions decisions 

8 minutes ago, Clippy said:

So in the end you mentioned punching, did you also run of of ammo? After watching Bio play above I added more to the end and replaced the previous file, thinking about adding even more - hmmmmmm decisions decisions 

Spoiler

I had some ammo left over by the end, I just personally prefer to use berserk on archviles when they're mostly alone.

And I think if I found more secrets I would've had plenty of extra ammo.

image_2020-12-13_122419.png.633e2ff5a0e44850539fec72a6ba9709.png

These were really fun maps!  It's funny, I started the first one last night when I was stuck on a difficult fight in another WAD.  I thought, oh, I bet Clippy's Christmas maps are pretty relaxing... Nope.  Great stuff, though.  I loved the cat Christmas room with all the presents.

Even though I got lost twice, I think the progression was my favorite thing.  I appreciated how you kept looping back to find new stuff opening up.  It made for some memorable traps and fun exploration.

So the places I had trouble figuring out what to do 1) when you first get to the circular cyberdemon arena it took me a while to find the switch on the pillar and 2) it took me forever to figure out how to progress past the point where the cyberdemon is behind that low TEKWALL barrier.

I thought health was good.  The only fight I felt really low on ammo for was the one with the archvile and all the zombiemen and stuff.

Also, you remember those little crushers by that door?  That you posted a video of before the map came out?  That I saw and commented on?  Totally noticed them immediately and was like, hah, that's not going to get me.  Dead literally 30 seconds later when the enemies came out and I backed up into them...

I'm looking forward to playing through all your old maps I missed in Clippyworld.

@Salmon thank you for playing

That switch in the pillar cyberdemon room always has me worried, I'm still not sure what to do. I did light it up brighter already when you played and made the pillar texture rotate to draw attention + made an arrow out of helmets ala E1M6 haha

Also I'm confused exactly which second place where you got really stuck is referring to

Re tiny door crushers, they get me too buddy haha - I blow up constantly at the start cause I always forget. When you walk into room they activate, best strategy is sit back and watch as the shotgun dudes get exploded

I'll be adding this to Clippyworld down the road cause I'm still doing super minor touchups 

@Salmon I think I know what you mean maybe

Spoiler

The lowering of  pillars  to run right and right again?

I added some helpful arrows in auto map it's the best I can come up with at the moment, always for streamlining things I don't want ppl to get confused, or if so ... not for too long haha

a.png

b.png

/

@Clippy, if you go to about the 01:09:00 mark in Biodegradable's video, that's the general area I was talking about.  The part where you have to hit the face switch and run past the pillars below the steps before they raise up again.  Edit:  Hah, you figured it out just as I posted.

With the other switch, I think the issue is mostly that the cyberdemon causes a lot of distraction.  I totally didn't notice the rotation until later since I was busy dodging rockets.  I also picked up the helmets without noticing they were in an arrow shape, haha.  I don't know if it's too bad--I mean, I did find it after a minute or two.

33 minutes ago, Salmon said:

@Clippy, if you go to about the 01:09:00 mark in Biodegradable's video, that's the general area I was talking about.  The part where you have to hit the face switch and run past the pillars below the steps before they raise up again.  Edit:  Hah, you figured it out just as I posted.

With the other switch, I think the issue is mostly that the cyberdemon causes a lot of distraction.  I totally didn't notice the rotation until later since I was busy dodging rockets.  I also picked up the helmets without noticing they were in an arrow shape, haha.  I don't know if it's too bad--I mean, I did find it after a minute or two.

Spoiler

Yeah, I think that should help.  For me, I think the second audio cue from the cell charge pack lowering would be the biggest help.  For some reason, I tend to ignore flashing lights a lot in Doom--I think it's just because sometimes they're only cosmetic instead of progression or secret-oriented, so I forget to check.  I think other people are better about examining that stuff, though.

And moving the soulsphere in the circular area is a great idea.  Hopefully even I could find the switch then, haha.

Just now, Salmon said:

Yeah, I think that should help.  For me, I think the second audio cue from the cell charge pack lowering would be the biggest help.  For some reason, I tend to ignore flashing lights a lot in Doom--I think it's just because sometimes they're only cosmetic instead of progression or secret-oriented, so I forget to check.  I think other people are better about examining that stuff, though.

And moving the soulsphere in the circular area is a great idea.  Hopefully even I could find the switch then, haha.

I think I found the greatest solution of all time

Spoiler

5 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Definitely not visually stunning or even appealing for a GZDoom map, ironic, considering you did map reviews.

Not every map has to be "stunning" especially when it's a 1 hour map made by one person.

It has plenty of detail considering its length and function, not every maps intent is to wow the player with visual detail.

Additionally it's pretty rude to compare first maps to this. This is easily elevated above those in both looks and an understanding of level design

And finally it's a fucking cat museum, I get you're upset because your kitty didn't make the cut but it's kind of hilarious to expect gorgeous visuals on a map with a joke setting. Sorry clippy 0/10, Santa wasn't real enough

16 minutes ago, Snaxalotl said:

Not every map has to be "stunning" especially when it's a 1 hour map made by one person.

It has plenty of detail considering its length and function, not every maps intent is to wow the player with visual detail.

Additionally it's pretty rude to compare first maps to this. This is easily elevated above those in both looks and an understanding of level design

And finally it's a fucking cat museum, I get you're upset because your kitty didn't make the cut but it's kind of hilarious to expect gorgeous visuals on a map with a joke setting. Sorry clippy 0/10, Santa wasn't real enough

Well, I must have not read the desc fully enough, sorry, then again I just dislike his critiques sometimes.

9 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Well, I must have not read the desc fully enough, sorry, then again I just dislike his critiques sometimes.

It's probably worth noting that Clippy's maps are generally more gameplay focused - just try out a few of his maps in his Clippyworld wad compilation. You will quickly see his style.

Hey friends thanks for the additional replies :)

Dear @AtticTelephone.

Sorry if I offended you in some previous video of mine. Besides making doom I often like to record myself play random maps that I find interesting. In the past yours made the cut, most recently I remember playing a heavily rocket focused map and think I had a good time. 

I just do this for fun because I think videos of how ppl play creations are most beneficial to the mapper. Bio's vid above meant a lot to me seeing my map in action so I like to surprise others by spontaneously playing their works. Cause I know how valuable these types of vids are, even if I'm not the best player :P

But hey I'm not trying to be Simon Cowell here and critique maps, I'm no better at building these things than anyone else. I just say what I think when playing and also try to be positive too. I mostly focus on new maps and try to help out with some thoughts I have and they can all be taken with a grain of salt cause I'm just some guy

But yeah, texturing has never been my strong suit and let's be honest, I'm quite inept at it. I know what I want to create, how I want to create it and hopefully interesting fight scenes I come up with, but when it comes to putting up wallpaper, that's when I'm out of my element. Personally I never look for maps based on how pretty and shiny they are, I just go by what looks interesting for gameplay. Since I suck at textures I would never complain about someone else's unless they somehow managed to do worse than me, such as using ONE texture for the entire map for example. I tried to at least use 5 in this one haha

But yeah, no, I just have fun making things and hope the textures are passible enough to get the job done when looking at the rest of the map as a whole, not just one aspect of it.

So again I must have said something about your maps in the past that upset you and I'm very sorry for this, truly never my intention I hope to brighten up ppl's day when I play maps. I like to play em anyway so why not record myself and sometimes I just ramble on and on like in this post

Good times though I am happy with the majority reception this map received. I never been a fan of huge maps and didn't intend this one to get to that point so it means a lot to anyone who took time out of their day to have a gander.

I truly enjoy this activity especially in these times with more free time and hope to keep mapping and recording silly vids

Always a blast

23 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Hey friends thanks for the additional replies :)

Dear @AtticTelephone.

Sorry if I offended you in some previous video of mine. Besides making doom I often like to record myself play random maps that I find interesting. In the past yours made the cut, most recently I remember playing a heavily rocket focused map and think I had a good time. 

I just do this for fun because I think videos of how ppl play creations are most beneficial to the mapper. Bio's vid above meant a lot to me seeing my map in action so I like to surprise others by spontaneously playing their works. Cause I know how valuable these types of vids are, even if I'm not the best player :P

But hey I'm not trying to be Simon Cowell here and critique maps, I'm no better at building these things than anyone else. I just say what I think when playing and also try to be positive too. I mostly focus on new maps and try to help out with some thoughts I have and they can all be taken with a grain of salt cause I'm just some guy

But yeah, texturing has never been my strong suit and let's be honest, I'm quite inept at it. I know what I want to create, how I want to create it and hopefully interesting fight scenes I come up with, but when it comes to putting up wallpaper, that's when I'm out of my element. Personally I never look for maps based on how pretty and shiny they are, I just go by what looks interesting for gameplay. Since I suck at textures I would never complain about someone else's unless they somehow managed to do worse than me, such as using ONE texture for the entire map for example. I tried to at least use 5 in this one haha

But yeah, no, I just have fun making things and hope the textures are passible enough to get the job done when looking at the rest of the map as a whole, not just one aspect of it.

So again I must have said something about your maps in the past that upset you and I'm very sorry for this, truly never my intention I hope to brighten up ppl's day when I play maps. I like to play em anyway so why not record myself and sometimes I just ramble on and on like in this post

Good times though I am happy with the majority reception this map received. I never been a fan of huge maps and didn't intend this one to get to that point so it means a lot to anyone who took time out of their day to have a gander.

I truly enjoy this activity especially in these times with more free time and hope to keep mapping and recording silly vids

Always a blast

Hey man, I was just sour the day I posted that. I mean, it was a good day, but I decided to post that stuff for some reason. I mean, I had this argument with a dude about The Strife Commando's posts, and we had to switch to PMs so that we wouldn't derail the thread. I didn't have any good points anyways. Sorry if I upset you or anything, in fact, I should probably apologize to you and that dude in the PMs. I was just a bit angry about your maps not having a lot of detail (but probably having good gameplay) and I remembered that time some dude invited you to join a really bad collab wad and you declined in a slightly rude way, or at least that's how I remember, might be confusing you with someone else actually. Do you know what thread I'm talking about?

So yeah, I apologize if I upset you or made you feel that way. Might as well try out the mapset, y'know? 

38 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Hey man, I was just sour the day I posted that. I mean, it was a good day, but I decided to post that stuff for some reason. I mean, I had this argument with a dude about The Strife Commando's posts, and we had to switch to PMs so that we wouldn't derail the thread. I didn't have any good points anyways. Sorry if I upset you or anything, in fact, I should probably apologize to you and that dude in the PMs. I was just a bit angry about your maps not having a lot of detail (but probably having good gameplay) and I remembered that time some dude invited you to join a really bad collab wad and you declined in a slightly rude way, or at least that's how I remember, might be confusing you with someone else actually. Do you know what thread I'm talking about?

So yeah, I apologize if I upset you or made you feel that way. Might as well try out the mapset, y'know? 

No worries, I was just confused cause I wasn't expecting that post haha. I'm not upset, you're not upset, all good.

I'm a bit of a lone wolf and kind of like to make my own maps my own way so have a hard time under restrictions of certain collaborations. I've submitted a few speed maps back in the day for fun short little speed mapping challenges. I also tried the 40 sector challenge for the Modest Mapping challenge and after much failure to make it vanilla compatible I sadly had to withdraw my map, since then I haven't tried to map for anyone besides myself cause I don't want to be responsible for another holdup like that and more prefer to fly free and map at my own pace by simply making my own silly things like this.

I think I have been offered to partake in other events and sincerely meant to politely decline, again sorry if I offended anyone I always mean to be light hearted and fun on here so sorry if I'm coming off rude sometimes, just want to have a good time around here :)

14 minutes ago, Clippy said:

No worries, I was just confused cause I wasn't expecting that post haha. I'm not upset, you're not upset, all good.

I'm a bit of a lone wolf and kind of like to make my own maps my own way so have a hard time under restrictions of certain collaborations. I've submitted a few speed maps back in the day for fun short little speed mapping challenges. I also tried the 40 sector challenge for the Modest Mapping challenge and after much failure to make it vanilla compatible I sadly had to withdraw my map, since then I haven't tried to map for anyone besides myself cause I don't want to be responsible for another holdup like that and more prefer to fly free and map at my own pace by simply making my own silly things like this.

I think I have been offered to partake in other events and sincerely meant to politely decline, again sorry if I offended anyone I always mean to be light hearted and fun on here so sorry if I'm coming off rude sometimes, just want to have a good time around here :)

Oh, I just remembered, you know who DOOMTIME is? He sent you a direct message, not polite or anything, asking you to join some sort of 1994 remix thing, that's what it was. Anyways, it's alright.

3 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Oh, I just remembered, you know who DOOMTIME is? He sent you a direct message, not polite or anything, asking you to join some sort of 1994 remix thing, that's what it was. Anyways, it's alright.

I remember now, truthfully I thought I was on the receiving end of rude in this exchange as explained in this post:

1 minute ago, Clippy said:

I remember now, truthfully I thought I was on the receiving end of rude in this exchange as explained in this post:

Yeah, it's just that I misinterpreted another post quoting yours saying "wow very rude", thinking it was you. Sorry.

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

I can agree with this. I've tried implementing existing textures into my WADs for a long time and it's never worked out for Boom-compatible ports (which is all I'm sticking to for my maps). I got to participate in the BoatyMcBoatWad since I didn't have to put the OTEX textures into my WAD at all, and just run the maps (both in UDB and with ZDL) with the texture pack.

Currently I've been most comfortable with the vanilla textures, doing my best to keep them as diverse as possible while still sticking to a theme, like the original IWADs.

Apologies for the self-advertising, lol, but how many textures and flats can you point out in this abstract hellish-environment WAD I've been making?

Often using a minimal amount of textures can work, depending on what they are, as some of TNT's and Doom 1's maps did (probably, I hardly pay attention to the environment in Doom). Then again, trying to use every texture in the book would be like SF2012's MAP19. There's a balance to keep, depending on the theme and mood you're going for.

Dunn's Hell.wad (MAP03_ Gehenna's Gate) - Ultimate Doom Builder R3631 (64-bit) 12_14_2020 10_25_03 PM.png

On 12/15/2020 at 1:29 AM, Dunn & Dunn said:

I can agree with this. I've tried implementing existing textures into my WADs for a long time and it's never worked out for Boom-compatible ports (which is all I'm sticking to for my maps). I got to participate in the BoatyMcBoatWad since I didn't have to put the OTEX textures into my WAD at all, and just run the maps (both in UDB and with ZDL) with the texture pack.

Currently I've been most comfortable with the vanilla textures, doing my best to keep them as diverse as possible while still sticking to a theme, like the original IWADs.

Apologies for the self-advertising, lol, but how many textures and flats can you point out in this abstract hellish-environment WAD I've been making?

Often using a minimal amount of textures can work, depending on what they are, as some of TNT's and Doom 1's maps did (probably, I hardly pay attention to the environment in Doom). Then again, trying to use every texture in the book would be like SF2012's MAP19. There's a balance to keep, depending on the theme and mood you're going for.

Dunn's Hell.wad (MAP03_ Gehenna's Gate) - Ultimate Doom Builder R3631 (64-bit) 12_14_2020 10_25_03 PM.png

I'll def play this when it comes out 🤠