Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Clippy

New 2 map set - just in time for Clipmas! "There and Back again"

4 minutes ago, Deathclaw886 said:

those screenshots look great im definitely trying this out.

Thank you sir 

I think you will find this quite stunning 

Just not visually

But stunned my monsters.  13 Archviles shhh that's a secret

22 hours ago, Clippy said:

Thank you sir 

I think you will find this quite stunning 

Just not visually

But stunned my monsters.  13 Archviles shhh that's a secret

Speaking of 13 archviles, perhaps I should put together one of those monster count text documents for these maps you’ve made. When I get back to my computer Sunday afternoon.

And fair warning to that map I posted...it’s one of a few and they won’t be easy. Lol

2 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Speaking of 13 archviles, perhaps I should put together one of those monster count text documents for these maps you’ve made. When I get back to my computer Sunday afternoon.

And fair warning to that map I posted...it’s one of a few and they won’t be easy. Lol

you know I'm actually interested in this information but I don't know what the best way gather the information is

Also each map has multiplayer bonus monsters that don't appear in single player

19 hours ago, Clippy said:

you know I'm actually interested in this information but I don't know what the best way gather the information is

Also each map has multiplayer bonus monsters that don't appear in single player

DoomRetro is a source port that allows you to view certain monster counts in a level by typing PLAYERSTATS in the console. Unfortunately I had to strip the WAD of the graphics so it would work in this non-ZDoom port.

And considering it's only two maps, I'll just paste it in here, lol. It is single-player only.

Consider a spoiler alert below.

THERE AND BACK AGAIN

CLIPPY

Easy (ITYTD & HNTR) / Medium (HMP) / Hard (UV & NM)

================================
MAP01: There and Back Again

Spoiler

MONSTERS: 226 / 399 / 577
    - Zombiemen:       12 / 43 / 73
    - Shotgun Guys:    16 / 16 / 26
    - Chaingunners:     10 / 18 / 32
    - Imps:                 78 / 111 / 147
    - Lost Souls:          10 / 21 / 40
    - Demons:             31 / 55 / 66
    - Spectres:             2 / 5 / 17
    - Revenants:          2 / 14 / 26
    - Cacodemons:       21 / 42 / 49
    - Pain Elementals:   2 / 3 / 3
    - Hell Knights:        14 / 23 / 28
    - Barons of Hell:     12 / 14 / 26
    - Arachnotrons:      4 / 8 / 11
    - Mancubi:             4 / 9 / 13
    - Archviles:           4 / 11 / 13
    - Cyberdemons:     3 / 5 / 6
    - Spider Mastermind: 1 / 1 / 1
    - Wolfenstein SS:     0
    - Commander Keens: 0
    - Icon of Sin:     0

ITEMS: 389 / 389 / 389
SECRETS: 25

================================
MAP02: Clipmas Tree Lot

Spoiler

MONSTERS: 0 / 0 / 0
    - Zombiemen:       0
    - Shotgun Guys:    0
    - Chaingunners:     0
    - Imps:                 0
    - Lost Souls:          0
    - Demons:             0
    - Spectres:            0
    - Revenants:         0
    - Cacodemons:      0
    - Pain Elementals:  0
    - Hell Knights:        0
    - Barons of Hell:     0
    - Arachnotrons:      0
    - Mancubi:             0
    - Archviles:            0
    - Cyberdemons:     0
    - Spider Mastermind: 0
    - Wolfenstein SS:     0
    - Commander Keens: 0
    - Icon of Sin:     1 / 1 / 1

ITEMS: 2 / 2 / 2
SECRETS: 1

This kind of stuff kinda showcases a mapper's style in monster placement and implementation of difficulties.

@Dunn & Dunn that's pretty cool

If you looked through my other maps in clippy world it would probably be similar

I just map in ultraviolence and when the map is basically done I go through and take some out of hmp and go through again and take even more out of itytd/hntr 

Walking through I also add in a few extra bad guys to the multiplayer settings haha

I know I could change other things like giving additional health and ammo and stuff but I just prefer to cull monsters in lower settings

Just now, Clippy said:

@Dunn & Dunn that's pretty cool

If you looked through my other maps in clippy world it would probably be similar

I just map in ultraviolence and when the map is basically done I go through and take some out of hmp and go through again and take even more out of itytd/hntr 

Walking through I also add in a few extra bad guys to the multiplayer settings haha

I know I could change other things like giving additional health and ammo and stuff but I just prefer to cull monsters in lower settings

I have that kind of mapping style, too, but with a tendency to implement items, ammo and even barrels on certain difficulties too. And we have been implementing a variety of enemies in maps rather than just a million hitscanners and imps.

With the short, hellish WAD I've been making, I'll have to vigorously test the lower difficulties for those who might find UV a bit too much. lol

Regardless, this was a fun map, and I'm looking forward to what else you plan on making. 

New 2 map set - just in time for Clipmas!

Ultra-Violence || GZDoom || Doom_OS

Map 01 (There and Back Again)

*Deaths: 0
*Saves: none

Screenshot-Doom-20201213-221157.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201213-221202.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-060548.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-063510.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-063555.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-064006.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-073256.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-075308.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-064506.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-073314.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-195635.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-201714.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-210631.png

Screenshot-Doom-20201214-210705.png

A new Clippy map, and apparently it has a Christmas theme, I guess taking a look at the map would not hurt, after all, I did not have much to do on this day, and when it occurred to me to try it just to see with What things was I going to find here, the reality is that it could not have been something more interesting and strange at the same time as this map in general, but as a person I don't really want to do a long and boring paragraph of 3000 words or more, I will be very obliged to make a brief summary of my experience with this first map.

The map has a very interesting structure and architecture, mainly because it is a set of rooms that are "unlocked" as progress is made on the map at all times, and this not only applies in the fact of the mandatory progression that it has the map to advance, but this kind of things is also necessary to find a good part of the secrets that are hidden in various external and internal places that are seen in the "unlocked" areas that the Marine finds during his exploration, and Although many of these have certain rare decorations in which they do not belong to that specific area, other areas have somewhat exaggerated decorations (don't take it the wrong way Clippy, I really liked the area with the photos of the cats, but I am sincerely, I would have preferred to find them in secret areas than to see them directly in a huge room, even so, the "gifts" that were under that Christmas tree were a nice touch there), in addition there are many areas with dangerous liquids throughout the map, and those that are most present are the toxic green liquid, and lava, and then we find more areas with variation in textures until we reach the end of the map where the skull is skull giant with the final switch to exit the level.

As for the encounters, it is already a classic of Clippy to put resistant enemies at the beginning of its levels, because in this Wad, its main map has dangerous enemies such as putting a mancubus in a room with Zombiemans, then Cacodemons and a Revenant, then meeting a Cyberdemon in a large area and then an Archvile in a red room, and so on, this map includes quite a few high-resistance enemies while the Marine is low on ammo and not so powerful weapons to fight , and no, including the Plasma gun at the beginning of the level with a Cell charger does not count for anything as an additional aid to the Cyberdemon fight, but hey, the point of all this is that it has a high degree of challenge in combat, And if you get to make good use of the things that are presented to you on the screen, and if you know how to play your cards well with respect to using strategy here, it is very guaranteed that the Marine will survive them all. the dangers that are presented on this map.

Edit: 1 or 2 months late for this, but better late than never ...

@ElPadrecitoCholo glad to hear that you were able to breeze through my largest and hardest map ever, full of cyberdemons, archviles and many nasty traps without saving or dying. Just wondering if any of it was a struggle at all for you or if you even broke a sweat?

EDIT: Looking at your screenshots I see you were down as low as 111% health at one point, that must have been rough