Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooM Bear

If Morpheus offers you a pill, which pill would you take and why?

Which pill would you take?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Which pill would you take?

• Red pill
    • Blue pill
    • ALL THE PILLS!!!
    • I’d say “no thanks” - I don’t trust random pills some dude is handing out on the street for free!

Got another fun silly one for you all :-P

Imagine you are Neo at the beginning of the first matrix movie and Morpheus offers you a pill, which pill would you take and why? Remember at this point you have no idea where the red pill will take you!

For me, silly answer is “all the pills!” Drugs are expensive so say you just say thank you and take as much as you can :-P

Serious answer is the red pill as figure anything is better than this place :-P

The Matrix bored me to death and I have only the vaguest recollection of the scene in question. But my reaction would be something to the effect of "Piss off, you pseudo-philosophy spouting freak."

So all I do is take this pill and then I'll be your techno-jesus and trade the white collar for a socket in the head and fight a never ending war against robots and malicious software? Sounds reasonable enough coming from Cowboy Curtis wearing sunglasses with no sides, indoors, at night.

But it's better to be battered by bots than to be a battery. Plus you can say you "know kung fu".

EDIT: Real answer is that it wouldn't matter which one I choose because apparently I already made the choice.

Edited by Lippeth

1 hour ago, Murdoch said:

The Matrix bored me to death and I have only the vaguest recollection of the scene in question. But my reaction would be something to the effect of "Piss off, you pseudo-philosophy spouting freak."

I was 15 when The Matrix came out, and it was without a shadow of a doubt the coolest fucking thing I had ever seen in my entire life. There's probably still an angsty teenager in me somewhere that cannot understand how anyone could dislike guns, kung-fu and post-apocalyptic sci-fi.

Well i'm hungry so both :O

OK for real i'd choose the red one because i wanna be based
OK for actual real this time the red one because if i choose the blue one "Neo doing his office job" wouldn't be much of an interesting movie :V

When you think of it, taking the red pill was a mistake. Neo probably would have taken the blue one if he could foresee the decadent Wachowskis wanting to shit on the franchise infinitely that people just sucks and the Matrix actually worked at controlling them, and most even wanted to continue on it at the end of Matrix 3.

Red Pill:

>wake up in the shitty, dirty, smelly "real world"

>can't get good food or drink

>everyone dresses like a hobo

>sent off to fight literal murdermachines with little chance of success on the orders of a cult leader

Blue Pill:

>become a rockstar, genius inventor, magician, fuck it anything you want dude

>continue living in the world you know

>eat real food...if it's "real" to you it's as "real" as can be

>chill out in Virtual 90s City 

Blue Pill please. I'd like to shred like Holdsworth on guitar. 

1 hour ago, Bauul said:

I was 15 when The Matrix came out, and it was without a shadow of a doubt the coolest fucking thing I had ever seen in my entire life. There's probably still an angsty teenager in me somewhere that cannot understand how anyone could dislike guns, kung-fu and post-apocalyptic sci-fi.

I like all of that. When its done well. It just missed the mark for me for reasons it will do neither of us any good to go into here. 

Eh, 'reality' is overrated, especially if it involves fighting an endless war against machine overlords with little chance of survival. Besides, even if you are victorious, you're still going to die of old age eventually anyway, so the whole 'battery' thing doesn't really make a difference. Blue-pill me, Morphy, and go find another virtual kung-fu jesus.

right now I'd take the blue pill and go back to sleep.

later on the day, I might change my answer. 

1 hour ago, Pegg said:

Neither because they are incel terms nowadays :P. they didn't age well. 

Really, really hope I don’t start a flame war causing the thread to go completely off track here... but what’s “blue pill” mean in that context?

I’ve herd of “being red pilled” a bunch before but never the blue :-P

Is it just someone who just hasn’t been “red pilled”? Or is it the “enemy” of the red pill people or something?

4 minutes ago, DooM Bear said:

Is it just someone who just hasn’t been “red pilled”? Or is it the “enemy” of the red pill people or something?

There is no solid answer. Could be either or both, depends on the person's interpretation.
And I have personally known both types.

They may believe blue pills are just people that didn't wake up and need to be awaken.
Or may believe they are people who enjoy the blue pilled lifestyle and don't want to change.
Or both things, believe they are victims but until they are awakened, they may defend the system that keeps them blue pilled and therefore must be considered dangerous.

I dunno if this is even a thing anymore, but the whole red pill and blue pill thing reminds me of those old ads for the purple pill called Nexium

Edit: Thank you to all those unsung heroes who upload old ads literally no one ever cared about (70 views, rofl)

I would take the red pill and then make a deal with the machines to live in happy bliss and simulated success.

Although that quite didn't work out for the other guy.

Red pill would probably the only good choice, the fake world was as bland and boring as it could get.

59 minutes ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

There is no solid answer. Could be either or both, depends on the person's interpretation.
And I have personally known both types.

They may believe blue pills are just people that didn't wake up and need to be awaken.
Or may believe they are people who enjoy the blue pilled lifestyle and don't want to change.
Or both things, believe they are victims but until they are awakened, they may defend the system that keeps them blue pilled and therefore must be considered dangerous.

Awesome! Thanks so much for that! 

Thought that might be the case but started wondering if maybe it was something I hadn’t even considered (like people on the “other side” using the term to “fight back” at the red pill people or something) XD

I'd say I'd take the blue pill, since red-pilling has become a euphamism used by right-wing hate groups and terror organizations for online radicalization.

But in Morpheus' original intent, I'd take the red pill.

So both, I guess!

Or on second thought, perhaps none, as I would not trust a complete stranger to tell me how the world works, and I would not trust that complete stranger that I would wake up in my bed the next morning, having forgotten everything about our encounter.

Edited by lakersforce

1 hour ago, Gez said:

Winners say no to drugs

You have to be a winner when you talk with drugs

I was going to go blue the Cypher way but I never felt I was blending in in the first place. So red because it's either all or nothing.