Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

This is Probably A Unpopular Opinion

Vivisection (Map 05 Of no rest for the living) is my favorite official doom map and i think its an overall great map what do you think of it and my opinion on it?

This is not an unpopular opinion. An unpopular opinion is "Habitat is the greatest map of all time".

Edited by paturn

2 hours ago, paturn said:

This is not an unpopular opinion. An unpopular opinion would be something like "Habitat is the greatest map of all time".

or saying that before the nightmare is a creative masterpiece

You are mistaken. Nirvana is the greatest map in all Doom-dom, more iconic than even E1M1. That's an unpopular opinion right there ;)

5 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Never played it, because everyone should know that MAP09 of Doom II is the best, Sandy Petersen is amazing.

You say this as if its sarcasm, but Sandy Petersen made E2M2, E3M6, and innumerable iconic Doom maps.

4 hours ago, paturn said:

This is not an unpopular opinion. An unpopular opinion would be something like "Habitat is the greatest map of all time".

I bloody hate that map! The fact that it was approved boils my blood. The hallways are way too narrow, the texture usage is subpar at best and the combat is repetitive but the thing that really makes me angry is the usage of entire hallways as secret areas necessary for progression.This is coming from someone who only published one singular map with beginner mistakes.

In my last attempt of pistol starting (on UV without saves, as usual) tnt.wad that Habitat map destroyed and ruined entirely my mood. And I have not recovered from that yet, I still dare not replay it, it is simply too awful...

8 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

NRFTL is generally better than most IWAD maps.

This right here. NRFTL is a pretty solid expansion and all its maps are at least decent. The finale is underwhelming, but until that point it's solid.

This take is not even room temperature hot.

Edited by seed

Using the indefinite article "a" instead of "an" for "unpopular", now that's unpopular.

i feel like vivisection shouldve been map08 the map08 we have now is underwhelming the ending if vivisection where alsmost every enemy in the game teleports in is way for climatic then ( ooga booga me give 100 imp and rocket launcher ooga booga cyberdemon too)

2 hours ago, Andromeda said:

It's not unpopular at all, I think it's widely regarded as the best NRftL level.

i thought it was unpopular because i dont hear about nrftl alot

Vivisection is a great map. I wonder how it will look and play in its PSX version when GEC Master edition PSX Doom comes out!

Vivisection is a great map. (Yeah I'm chipping in to regurgitate what everyone else has said :) )

An unpopular opinion would be something like: I happen to like MAP13 - Downtown from DOOM 2. Fight me.

37 minutes ago, Cinnamon Killjoy said:

An unpopular opinion would be something like: I happen to like MAP13 - Downtown from DOOM 2. Fight me.

how do you manage to traverse in it?

1 minute ago, HLRaven said:

how do you manage to traverse in it?

I like "puzzle box" approaches to levels, as long as they're not too frequent. I grew up with Zelda 1 and 3, also Half-Life, after all. So I don't mind obscurely placed keys or layouts that challenge you to keep a good track of the environment around you.

That being said, I don't love the level, or know it by heart, I just like it. So I tend to get confused in it, still to this day. But yeah, I'm a sucker for that feeling.

On 12/14/2020 at 1:18 AM, AtticTelephone said:

Never played it, because everyone should know that MAP09 of Doom II is the best, Sandy Petersen is amazing.

I agree,big fights with a music that slaps