Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

The Beta Of The Hunt For Soda Is Out Now

The hunt for soda map beta (map 01) is now out the story is you have a office party but the demons come and ruin it they turned your friends into zombies and knocked you out but worse THEY STOLE ALL THE SODA IN THE WORLD so grab the 2 soda cans still in your office and clear the streets enter the other office building kill the receptionist ( he sucked at his job anyway) and figure out why they stole all the sodas in the world   in order too 100% the map and the maps that will come soon you must collect all the soda (health bonuses)    

https://www.mediafire.com/file/ifwo5cm31e4lppr/Hunt+For+Soda.wad/file             This wad Is based of a half life mod of the same name i wanted to remake it and make it better                 MAKE SURE YOU PLAY IN ZDOOM\GZDOOM if you play in prboom + there will be missing texturesScreenshot_Doom_20201214_205912.png.64b05f6cba902ca33909039e7ce343ec.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201214_210221.png.3cdd08853faf75c6636db0bb2c9bb47d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201214_205920.png.7d8c1958ef4a48f6a84caa6a0574cfb8.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201214_210002.png.d3d81256b109549d607673f31bcf6977.png

Edited by The BMFG

14 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

for some reason it wont let me type help

fixed (for context it wouldnt let me edit once i realized it was blank and it was just the images

Edited by The BMFG

Didn't bother with the item collecting, I think it would just make this a little more annoying, even if the health bonuses are all right there. It's a really basic and easy map. There's no shortage of cover if I want to avoid damage, and there's enough health that I don't really need to worry about damage anyway. It's all pretty bland tbh. If anyone wanted to play it more cautiously, they could just funnel the monsters through doorways while peekaboo shooting and take no damage. In that case, a large group of lightweight monsters doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

It would be helpful if you said in the OP which source port this was designed for or was tested in. When I tried it in PrBoom+, there were missing textures, so I used GZDoom to record the video.

You didn't make it better, really, but I haven't played it, so I could be partially and not entirely correct. Considering your previous works, actually, maybe I might be right.

Oh good god.

doom22.png.4aa7926dc3b40423c2efd1088bf8c800.png

Get Doom Builder X and start doing vanilla maps, and watch lots of Chubzdoomer, I beg you. If you want to improve you need to do exactly that. Test in PRBoom+, play Scythe or Vanguard, something. It will help you improve.

wow, a lot of missing textures, yeah, BMFG, i recommend watching some tutorials from Doomkid as well, he will give you some great advice, just, please make sure your wads are complete before you release them, please

3 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Get Doom Builder X

How do you know that he doesn't use Doom Builder X?

3 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

play Scythe or Vanguard, something.

Do you mean take inspiration? If he reads this, he's gonna only play these two wads and leave them with no points of inspiration... Unless he does but after a long time from playing.

Edited by AvadaKedavraWithQuadDamage

8 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Oh good god.

Get Doom Builder X and start doing vanilla maps, and watch lots of Chubzdoomer, I beg you. If you want to improve you need to do exactly that. Test in PRBoom+, play Scythe or Vanguard, something. It will help you improve.

did you play in the correct game? doom one has way less textures than doom 2

7 hours ago, Clippy said:

im actually plannning on making this a full wad so you can play it again once its around 5 or 10 levels made

9 hours ago, Pseudonaut said:

Didn't bother with the item collecting, I think it would just make this a little more annoying, even if the health bonuses are all right there. It's a really basic and easy map. There's no shortage of cover if I want to avoid damage, and there's enough health that I don't really need to worry about damage anyway. It's all pretty bland tbh. If anyone wanted to play it more cautiously, they could just funnel the monsters through doorways while peekaboo shooting and take no damage. In that case, a large group of lightweight monsters doesn't seem to serve a purpose.

It would be helpful if you said in the OP which source port this was designed for or was tested in. When I tried it in PrBoom+, there were missing textures, so I used GZDoom to record the video.

yea i test and make for gzdoom

8 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Oh good god.

this is supposed to be a road and sidewalk try in gzdoom

2 hours ago, The BMFG said:

this is supposed to be a road and sidewalk try in gzdoom

No, I'm not, stop testing in GZDoom and start testing in PRBoom+ while using the vanilla option for your builder. You will actually improve that way.

1 hour ago, AtticTelephone said:

No, I'm not, stop testing in GZDoom and start testing in PRBoom+ while using the vanilla option for your builder. You will actually improve that way.

look i can just use the vanilla option so it can work for all source ports sorry about the missing texture problem    but also can you add made for vanilla maps onto a wad with one zdoom map?

3 hours ago, The BMFG said:

look i can just use the vanilla option so it can work for all source ports sorry about the missing texture problem    but also can you add made for vanilla maps onto a wad with one zdoom map?

I don't understand your grammar and logic. Stop mapping for ZDoom entirely and map only for vanilla, and play Scythe for inspiration. Switch to PRBoom+ too.

47 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I don't understand your grammar and logic. Stop mapping for ZDoom entirely and map only for vanilla, and play Scythe for inspiration. Switch to PRBoom+ too.

1. ive already switched it to vanilla - doom 2 on doom builder im making map 02 rn with vanilla

2.this is supposed to be a joke wad

3. im not switching to pr boom i still want to play good gameplay mods and maps with gzdoom

5 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

1. ive already switched it to vanilla - doom 2 on doom builder im making map 02 rn with vanilla

2.this is supposed to be a joke wad

3. im not switching to pr boom i still want to play good gameplay mods and maps with gzdoom

No, switch to PRBoom+ to test your wads, reserve GZDoom for ZDoom and GZDoom things.

14 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

No, switch to PRBoom+ to test your wads, reserve GZDoom for ZDoom and GZDoom things.

You're coming off as bossy, rather than helpful

I say ppl should play how they wanna play, for example I use Gzdoom exclusively and don't have other things, it's served me well so far ...

10 minutes ago, Clippy said:

You're coming off as bossy, rather than helpful

I say ppl should play how they wanna play, for example I use Gzdoom exclusively and don't have other things, it's served me well so far ...

yea what this guy said

11 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

yea what this guy said

Doesn't matter, if you wanna get better with your wads, test in PRBoom+. Testing is fundamental.

Another thing, watch playthroughs of other wads.

13 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

Doesn't matter, if you wanna get better with your wads, test in PRBoom+. Testing is fundamental.

Another thing, watch playthroughs of other wads.

look im not a purist vanilla guy i like to play gzdoom and mods for it im not playing prboom im sorry about it but no

14 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

There isn't a mandatory format to use as a beginner, people can use whatever source port they want.

32 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

look im not a purist vanilla guy i like to play gzdoom and mods for it im not playing prboom im sorry about it but no

I'm not talking about playing mods, I'm talking about testing in vanilla.

15 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

I'm not talking about playing mods, I'm talking about testing in vanilla.

look bro im not doing it and that is final case closed

1 minute ago, The BMFG said:

"Case Closed"? Look, fine, stick with GZDoom, but set it on Doom (Strict) for testing purposes, alright?

1 minute ago, AtticTelephone said:

"Case Closed"? Look, fine, stick with GZDoom, but set it on Doom (Strict) for testing purposes, alright?

Why are you so demanding? offering valid criticism and tips to improve is really helpful but telling people exactly how they should make a map is both unnecessary and rude.

The same map with little to no changes could be made in boom format, so where does that leave your criticism? Making this in boom wouldn't make it any better/worse.

26 minutes ago, AtticTelephone said:

What? Only when your goal is to make a relatively vanilla map do you need to test your stuff outside (G)ZDoom. I really don't like what the OP is cooking up here, but if they outright said "made for GZDoom" then it's clearly for GZDoom, no matter how simple-looking it is. If the demand is really there and everyone doesn't feel it justice in GZDoom, then changes could be made for proper compatibility.

4 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

Yes, because we all know that playing Scythe will instantly make you into a mapping god. Quite frankly, as others have pointed out, your "advice" in this thread amounts to nothing more than you telling (not even suggesting) OP exactly what to do, what format to use, which editor to use, and what wads to play. It comes across as particularly crude, especially since you open up with a post flat out insulting him by saying:

19 hours ago, AtticTelephone said:

You didn't make it better, really, but I haven't played it, so I could be partially and not entirely correct. Considering your previous works, actually, maybe I might be right.

So you haven't even bothered to play it but you automatically know it's no good. Right. I'm sure you could do a better job, but considering your previous works, actually, maybe I might be wrong.

See how insulting that sounds?

And this has got to be the tenth time I've seen you tell someone to use DB X instead of UDB/GZDB. Why? Just because you perfer it doesn't mean everyone else does. 

Your advice about source ports and compatibility/format/testing makes it look as though you don't fully understand what you're talking about anyway, as it makes no sense.

2 hours ago, The BMFG said:

Good on you @The BMFG, don't let other people dictate what you make and how you make it. Everyone learns their own way, on their own terms, by doing what they want to do.

Edited by TheMagicMushroomMan