Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bob372

The sequel to my first map

Hey i finally made another map please check it out and give me feedback

It is supposed to be played directly after my first one so if you have not played that one please give it a try

doom map666 2.zip

This is for doom 2 with gzdoom

(first map)

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20201214_220413.png.1a36c376caab263b4f297bf2c93dd37d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201214_220329.png.29bb88bf4eea1d23c97576be908030bb.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201214_220354.png.b75857554e7c5cd6a8c2cca5a801f18b.png

(Screenshots)

This looked like a map I wanted to speed run

I tried a few times and my best score was 44 seconds ... until I somehow pulled off this run and decided this was the one haha

1 hour ago, Clippy said:

This looked like a map I wanted to speed run

I tried a few times and my best score was 44 seconds ... until I somehow pulled off this run and decided this was the one haha

I really couldn't help myself not to give it a go myself to see if I can do as good.. sooo here's a 00:30. Though I didn't really pay attention to my GZDoom setup so it has stuff like freelook on.

As for the feedback to author: I think level plays out nicely. There's a switch in the 1st computer room that does nothing (?)

Spoiler

and I also couldn't figure out how to reach the plasma gun secret. (Was I supposed to do a strafe run over pit to it?)

@revlis good job buddy. I tried to improve my run but best I got was 31

I don't know how you killed that Mancubus so fast, every time I unload all my rockets I have to chaingun him for much longer than you did. Evert time, so I lose too much time there every time

26 minutes ago, Clippy said:

@revlis good job buddy. I tried to improve my run but best I got was 31

I don't know how you killed that Mancubus so fast, every time I unload all my rockets I have to chaingun him for much longer than you did. Evert time, so I lose too much time there every time

Funny thing is, I was actually surprised that the mancubus died so fast after I started shooting it with the minigun - my plan was to make a loop around him while shooting but he died so fast I actually just cut the loop halfway and ran for the exit.

It was also weird because during the run, I thought I missed the first rocket, hitting the still-lowering-wall instead of mancubus...

So for my next challenge I wanted to see if I could get to the exit using only my fists

Pretty good for a second map! Outdoor areas are challenging to make look right but this works well as a trip from a techbase to a temple. I was certain that Mancubus at the end was larger than usual... am I just going mad?

The only really baffling thing were the two switches that didn't do anything - players will expect to be able to press those!

i like it, it looks good, the combat is fun. the one thing i don't like is how the map is too short, I beat it in three minutes on my first playthrough. i give it a 4/5. :)