Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

3 New Maps For The Hunt For Soda Are Out Now!

3 new exciting soda drinking maps are now available for download right now! you find out that everyone in hell is dehydrated due to there being no water there so now they have attacked earth for its soda so you attack a soda factory so they cant dish out anymore sodas to hell once you tear the factory down you hear that all the soda that have been shipped out are in a grocery store that has a portal to hell in the back and they are putting the sodas through the portal  so you go there but before you can go in you see a ILLEGAL soda deal going on so you the dealer this guards and his customer and destroy the apartments where the dealers are hiding their soda after taking down the soda ring you go into the store and stop them from putting the soda's into the portal then go into the portal

Only For Gzdoom Playing On Prboom+ Will Make Missing Textures And May Crash

Link https://www.mediafire.com/file/upqqsvrii5cy9ks/Hunt+For+Soda.wad/file 

Screenshots   Screenshot_Doom_20201216_120604.png.3d93d1a2139a959091cab7a8389c1e29.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201216_120640.png.ec4826f96dd68a7854db1a688fd33e09.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201216_120714.png.395069f204afdc7ec6589be72aef083d.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201216_120740.png.adcd105c51d5a0e7512df21ecfd8afae.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201216_120810.png.a2e188fa981f142ccd4275a7343953f9.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201216_120856.png.22c8817e56687ec43addffa4c745bb69.png

Whew played it on Gzdoom, grateful it's compatible with a superior program like Gzdoom since nobody I can think of uses Prboom+ anyway

Here's a video testing with GZDOOM - the best program ever for testing I've heard:

PS Coke or Pepsi?

I think you need to go to the next level and find a way to replace the sprites of the blue health potions with cans of soda pops

Also having health potions be the sole obtainable item type makes it easy to keep track of how many you need to find.

As this continues and gets more difficult will you place the pops in harder to reach places? Make me work off each pop I drink haha

19 minutes ago, Clippy said:

Whew played it on Gzdoom, grateful it's compatible with a superior program like Gzdoom since nobody I can think of uses Prboom+ anyway

Here's a video testing with GZDOOM - the best program ever for testing I've heard:

PS Coke or Pepsi?

I think you need to go to the next level and find a way to replace the sprites of the blue health potions with cans of soda pops

Also having health potions be the sole obtainable item type makes it easy to keep track of how many you need to find.

As this continues and gets more difficult will you place the pops in harder to reach places? Make me work off each pop I drink haha

for map04 you have to click on the side of the box in one of its corners sorry about that but i guess the archvile thing works too

You inspired me to make a quick map that hopefully fits with this theme

Hope you like it, I made it between posting my earlier video and now, however much time that was - 2 hours?

http://www.levelgame.net/doom/popmap.wad

Spoiler

image.png.d9cbb56133d966a9b5110810db9413f1.png

*all difficulties / multiplayer supported 

Merry Clipmas!

** for GZDOOM cause no other ports exist that I'm aware of

Edited by Clippy : And a happy new year?

17 minutes ago, Clippy said:

You inspired me to make a quick map that hopefully fits with this theme

Hope you like it, I made it between posting my earlier video and now, however much time that was - 2 hours?

http://www.levelgame.net/doom/popmap.wad

Hide contents

image.png.d9cbb56133d966a9b5110810db9413f1.png

I played your map! For some reason it recorded at 360p instead of 1080p so uhh enjoy the crust everyone.

10/10 just barely too late for a cacoward

43 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but why not change the potion sprite to a soda can sprite? 

can figure out how to lol

47 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned but why not change the potion sprite to a soda can sprite? 

That's a nifty idea, and the medpacks can be 6-12 packs

10 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

can figure out how to lol

Simple procedure, you just need to boot up Slade 3 and replace the sprite lump BON1A0 with your desired soda sprite.

A more comprehensive tutorial about replacing graphics can be found here.

Anyway, just in case you are being half-serious...

4 hours ago, Clippy said:

since nobody I can think of uses Prboom+ anyway

That's a pretty insulting comment.

3 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Simple procedure, you just need to boot up Slade 3 and replace the sprite lump BON1A0 with your desired soda sprite.

A more comprehensive tutorial about replacing graphics can be found here.

Correction, the potion is animated and has 4 frames to replace: 

BON1A0, BON1B0 ,BON1C0, BON1D0

If not animated however you can replace each image with the same single image.

Just now, Mr.Rocket said:

Correction, the potion is animated and has 4 frames to replace: 

BON1A0, BON1B0 ,BON1C0, BON1D0

Whoops, looks like my mind got confused with me working in Whacked4 and removing the animations as well, thanks for the correction.

8 minutes ago, TheNoob_Gamer said:

Anyway, just in case you are being half-serious...

That's a pretty insulting comment.

I'm never serious buddy was trying to be tongue in cheek with that comment please nobody be offended by anything I say haha

1 minute ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Yeah really WHAT the HELL Clippy!?!

:D

I forgot about the three things we can't joke about 

Religion 

Politics 

Doom sourceports 

😇

I got started on making a soda sprite but I've never done this before so it doesn't work. I have a link in case anyone wants to use it for future soda mapsBON1B0.png.aa7e98a3765e6749025861a43b5d20ff.png

The decorate file, ss markers and sprites are there but it doesn't appear in game. You can still collect the item though (it says "you got some pop!!") Feel free to fix and use it

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-WPdaGgmtu48gMRwm12ELv6pQ6zyW9OY/view?usp=sharing

Heh, I just made a soda sprite and added it for The BMFG:

Hunt For Soda_CANS.zip

Nothing was modified, just changed the sprite for ya..

I take no credit, so no worries. ;) 

edit: kwc's sprite looks a lot better! more of a UAC style I think!

25 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Heh, I just made a soda sprite and added it for The BMFG:

Hunt For Soda_CANS.zip

Nothing was modified, just changed the sprite for ya..

I take no credit, so no worries. ;) 

edit: kwc's sprite looks a lot better! more of a UAC style I think!

hey thats pretty cool can you hand me the sprite so i can use it for my next release of this wad? i just got done making map 05 and ooooh boy its gonna be a though one

3 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

hey thats pretty cool can you hand me the sprite so i can use it for my next release of this wad? i just got done making map 05 and ooooh boy its gonna be a though one

Are you sure you wouldn't rather use kwc's?

2 minutes ago, kwc said:

pickup.zip

Threw together a pickup sound if you'd like to use as well

ay kwc if you could lend me the the soda sprite then i could put it into the full wad

The sound would probably be better off scripted in specifically for the Can, otherwise all pickups will have that sound. 

eg, ammo and armor sounds need to remain the same.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

The sound would probably be better off scripted in specifically for the Can, otherwise all pickups will have that sound. 

eg, ammo and armor sounds need to remain the same.

also how did you get the other sky boxes working the skybox that works for me is F_SKY1

1 minute ago, The BMFG said:

also how did you get the other sky boxes working the skybox that works for me is F_SKY1

I didn't know anything about the sky boxes, I just changed the potion sprite to a Can heh.

2 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

I didn't know anything about the sky boxes, I just changed the potion sprite to a Can heh.

oh wait wrong guy sorry i meant to talk to downloadthesesweetviruses