Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The BMFG

2 New Maps For THFS Have Been Released

Soda Guy Is Back For Even MORE Bladder Busting Action In These 2 New Soda Drinking Maps after entering the portal in the back of the grocery he gets sent to a castle in hell you trash the castle and exit it with tons of soda when suddenly you get teleported by soda satan to a hell torture dungeon to be executed but you free yourself get your weapons  back and kill the armys of hell but satan had a plan just incase the demons were defeated...... Tune In To Next Map Release To Find Out! https://www.mediafire.com/file/lukwa1vpgozmviy/Hunt+For+Soda.wad/file

Now With Soda Sprites! Made By @kwc

Made For Gzdoom/Zdoom If You Play On Boom There Will Be Missing Texture's

Screenshots :  Screenshot_Doom_20201217_204042.png.6871baad50dc4f149b1a4ce8c2b22c4e.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201217_204150.png.0f8dcc524c11e1d7a123183a57723d00.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201217_204425.png.312f577ef9eae8d3c4bc856ccb6124ed.pngScreenshot_Doom_20201217_204511.png.cc552675f78837df01c55c3ae1fa52ab.png

Edited by The BMFG

1 minute ago, Deathclaw886 said:

youre going to put all of THFS wads in a megawad in the end, right?

trying to make a full soda megawad yes i am

1 minute ago, Snaxalotl said:

Your doors have a very... unique style.

thicc enough to crush a cyberdemon they are just like deathclaw said i do love crushing guys with doors in nashgore lol

I'd love to map for this when I have the time. I'm sorry to see that you had to add the word "Classic" to the title because some narcissist ran away with your idea while insulting you. Glad to see it hasn't dampened your mapping spirit.

13 minutes ago, Deathclaw886 said:

i cant get past map 4 because the exit switch doesnt work

try pressing on one of the corners on the side sorry about that lol or just id clev to map 5

17 minutes ago, TheMagicMushroomMan said:

I'd love to map for this when I have the time. I'm sorry to see that you had to add the word "Classic" to the title because some narcissist ran away with your idea while insulting you. Glad to see it hasn't dampened your mapping spirit.

yea im fine thought i had take it as far as banning him from playing my maps or commenting on my threads

Nice, the Cans look fantastic!

Do you plan on doing a mega wad for this? if so, I might be interested.

I remember that the "Can pickup" sound needed scripted in if it hasn't.

Also, just a couple soda machine textures might be cool!

Good work!

2 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

Nice, the Cans look fantastic!

Do you plan on doing a mega wad for this? if so, I might be interested.

I remember that sound needed scripted in if it hasn't.

Also, just a couple soda machine textures might be cool!

Good work!

Yes i Plan To Megawad This soda Adventure

ok I have  SUPER SECRET idea..

Spoiler

Mountain Dew Cyber Demon.. :P

I know the project is young so, just a thought..;)

i'll make it and compile it for you if you're in to it. +beer

14 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

ok I have  SUPER SECRET idea..

Hide contents

Mountain Dew Cyber Demon.. :P

I know the project is young so, just a thought..;)

i'll make it and compile it for you if you're in to it. +beer

sure just give me a tutorial when you compile and package

It would be easier for me to make a video, really ~ I haven't made a tutorial for awhile, so that sounds fun, ;)

Either way. I'll probably use XWE. if that's ok?

12 minutes ago, Mr.Rocket said:

It would be easier for me to make a video, really ~ I haven't made a tutorial for awhile, so that sounds fun, ;)

Either way. I'll probably use XWE. if that's ok?

sure you cant use slade? also have you already made our moutain dew monster?

47 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

sure you cant use slade? also have you already made our moutain dew monster?

I just opened SLADE yesterday so I'm not use to it, I've compiled other mega wads in the past with XWE, so np's there.

Maybe I'm not use to SLADE, but from the looks of it, it's mostly made to import/export and copy paste stuff, where-as I'd rather Create something new, but again I've just started messing with Slade, so there's that.

~ I use to use Wintex before XWE existed, though that was at least 20 years ago. ~ so it's not like I haven't used the utilities lately.

Also they're good reference editors even if nothing is going to be changed. eg, viewing an IWAD etc.

And no, the (SECRET MOUNTAIN DEW monster) was just an idea, thought of 10? mins ago, so no, no monster yet ;)

I was just wanting to help , if you don't want any help man that's fine too. ;)

I really have a lot of shit I should be doing right now anyway, lol :P

No I shouldn't say that, of course, the deal is man, I'll take my time and help out with this if I know, and everyone else knows, that you want to stick with it. That's all. ~ no reason to create a new thread again. :D

Edited by Mr.Rocket

I actually died a few times this run so the maps are getting appropriately harder. Love the look of the new soda cans. Wasn't a fan of how you hid my pop on me in map 6 they almost got to room temperature nobody likes a warm pop so I cheated cause nothing's keeping me from my pop

and the cans didnt show up for me, it was just the regular health bonus, did i do something wrong?

EDIT: never mind, i was using smooth doom at the time, and that somehow messed with the sprites

Edited by Deathclaw886

6 hours ago, Deathclaw886 said:

and the cans didnt show up for me, it was just the regular health bonus, did i do something wrong?

EDIT: never mind, i was using smooth doom at the time, and that somehow messed with the sprites

smooth doom replaces the sprites turning the soda into a boring yet smooth health bonus

7 hours ago, Clippy said:

I actually died a few times this run so the maps are getting appropriately harder. Love the look of the new soda cans. Wasn't a fan of how you hid my pop on me in map 6 they almost got to room temperature nobody likes a warm pop so I cheated cause nothing's keeping me from my pop

talking about the secret wolfenstein area in map06? your suppose to open that door EDIT: thought you no clipped lol those 3 rooms in map 06 were miniature recreations of the starting rooms from my first 3 maps on this wad

Edited by The BMFG

43 minutes ago, The BMFG said:

smooth doom replaces the sprites turning the soda into a boring yet smooth health bonus

You know I totally forgot that you were using Gzdoom as the primary engine so you could have actually just set the project structure up as a .pk3 and had a graphics directory and remap'd the Potions to Cans heh.

But the way we did it already, made it more compatible with other engines. ;)

If you decide to make it for zdoom based engines specifically though, it would make it a lot easier without the need to even open a resource editor at all.

3 minutes ago, DownloadTheseSweetViruses said:

MAP05 was the best map imo, because of how large and confusing it was.

i liked the miniature recreations of the starting rooms of the first 3 maps of this wad the miniatures are in map 06 3 doors with the starting rooms to map 01 map 02 and map 03 i loved that gimmick