Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtticTelephone

Can I copy weird ideas from Spirit Science?

Spirit Science is a really weird cult about crystals and hollow moons and something involving a patched figure who tries to sound like Daniel Floyd while trying to brainwash people, but honestly, their stuff sounds like something out of a game or a well written complex fantasy story. I mean, in John Carpenter's Prince of Darkness (one of my favorite movies ever), Jesus and his followers or something were extra terrestrial or trans-dimensional people who came to warn us about the Anti-God and the Prince of Darkness opening the portal between some mirror world of the Anti-God and our world, and that Christianity was essentially a cover-up or something crazy, and I remember something from Spirit Science about the Hebrews coming from the future, which is stupid.

It also for some reason reminds me of the stuff from some Sunlust maps, for some reason, or like, the Black Garden from Destiny and other Vex stuff from Destiny.

Or maybe even Sunder MAP31, House of Corrosion, I love that map.

Could I copy their stories and whatever they write to come up with cool maps and whatnot, like giant crystal megastructures at the center of the sun? That could be an epic map, honestly. Do they copyright that stuff or what? Am I so lazy that I plagiarize cultists? What other bizarre and nonsensical conspiracy groups could I steal borrow ideas from?

I say go absolutely nuts.wad. It's obvious that Patchman thinks he's saying something that's actually true or on some level, and therefore you can't rip him off any more than you can rip off history. Or alternatively, he's a cynical con-man who's exploiting peoples' natural tendency to seek spiritual things, and you should never feel guilty about ripping off con-men.

Pretty sure that science fiction has already borrowed elements from New Age-type beliefs, which is in turn reciprocated by the likes of L. Ron Hubbard, who went from writing sci-fi to founding his own cult.

Remember kids, the moon is a hollow egg full of hydraulic pistons that was used by ancient Sumerian gods who were inexplicably white to flatten the earth and kill a bunch of people. 

I would say go right ahead, just mention where you got the hot takes from.

Pretty nuts what some people claim.

Sounds like Ancient Aliens 2.0.

In other words, I'm waiting for it!!!

43 minutes ago, NoXion said:

And Jews are from space. No, really, Spirit Science claims that.

Yeah and they got some bad ass ships 

3 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

Definitely better than the DC-8 from Scientology.

I should also mention I learned about Jordan D and Spirit Science while watching an OneyPlays compilation, and how Jordan used to be a Newgrounds animator who made boring stuff with Patchman, who apparently he bought off a friend for 20$ US Dollars and later became an Extra Credits knockoff dedicated to stupid things like Atlantis and the Martians.

Oh my god, I just found this.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/532701

This too.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/494297

Also this game with Joshua Tomar for voice acting and Ockeroid for music. Bizzare stuff.

https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/555205

Edited by AtticTelephone

46 minutes ago, Doominator2 said:

Those actually look like they might have inspired the Goa'uld Ha'tak vessels from Stargate. Which funnily enough is another science fiction franchise that overlaps with new Age-y type beliefs.

All i will say is that you may ''NOT copy''.

Just get ''inspired''.

Pretty much like Osiris TC did with Stargate backthen.

Aside from that, would love to see your Scythe-quality-level mapping skill.

;P

Don't take it personal, we all like to joke around sometimes. :)

I'm suddenly reminded of a really weird dumb scifi book I read as a teen by some American writer about an alien invasion, made by demons that went into space to pose as aliens as some kind of spiritual false flag to convince "good christians" god didn't exist.

The book ended with some epilogue where the writer went on some idiotic Trumpian rant about how demons were totally real and spiritual warfare was a real thing. Hahahahahaha.

I found some really good names for maps via Stupid Science and I think I could use them.

1. Metatron's Cube
  2. E8
  3. Crystal Core
  4. Nibiru Slaughterfest
  5. Sirius Encounter
  6. Moonstruck (would go well with a midi of Wrathchild by Iron Maiden)

I think the sixth name would go well with some level about you going into the "mechanical core" of the moon, or maybe something like Lunatic or the final Valiant episode.

I have caught a few spirit science vids thanks to channels i follow taking the piss out of them. That guy's ability to spew absolute bollocks for so long and so sincerely is weirdly impressive. 

Yes... and no.

Yes, you can. Ideas are not copyrighted in any form, in any country. Jesus is a public domain character, you can write whatever you want about him.

But yes, they can still sue you. They can fill a lawsuit even if they have no chance of winning, so you are forced to defend yourself in the court. It will damage your finances because you have less money to spend with lawyers than they do (usually these cults have their own lawyers working for the cause for free). I forgot the exact name of this.
Nutjob cult people are the most despicable mammals on the face of Earth, and you should always be careful with them.

I'm not exactly sure about the part of Jesus being in a crystal megastructure in the center of the Sun. But if you make it about Allah in a tungsten megastructure in the center of Betelgeuse, I'm 100% sure they can't do anything about it.

Or if you want to keep the Jesus/Cristal structure thing, make it "over" a star, and not in the center of it. The Skybox would probably be phenomenal.

@Sergeant_Mark_IV Only problem with megastructures above the sun is that I can't make skies because I suck at that, and also because my wad is green-themed, so it would have to be a green sun. I'm pretty sure that maybe somebody is willing to make a sky texture above a giant green sun, since it doesn't seem that hard for some people. I also probably won't include Jesus anyways, since my wad is essentially Sunlust/Sundereqsue and not a jokewad. Thanks for the advice though.

1 hour ago, AtticTelephone said:

@Sergeant_Mark_IV Only problem with megastructures above the sun is that I can't make skies because I suck at that, and also because my wad is green-themed, so it would have to be a green sun. I'm pretty sure that maybe somebody is willing to make a sky texture above a giant green sun, since it doesn't seem that hard for some people. I also probably won't include Jesus anyways, since my wad is essentially Sunlust/Sundereqsue and not a jokewad. Thanks for the advice though.

Sounds like something that can be pulled in a minute.

SKY1.png

1 minute ago, Sergeant_Mark_IV said:

Sounds like something that can be pulled in a minute.

SKY1.png

Oh my god, thank you so much for this, I don't know how to thank you any better. This is magic. Good for a finale map.

On 12/19/2020 at 9:23 PM, FractalBeast said:

I'm suddenly reminded of a really weird dumb scifi book I read as a teen by some American writer about an alien invasion, made by demons that went into space to pose as aliens as some kind of spiritual false flag to convince "good christians" god didn't exist.

So basically  the plot of the Doom novels, but the other way round...

I never expected to hear Spirit Science mentioned here.. How strange. Do/did you listen to SleepyCabin, by chance?

1 hour ago, Doomkid said:

I never expected to hear Spirit Science mentioned here.. How strange. Do/did you listen to SleepyCabin, by chance?

No actually, I heard about Jordan D via OneyPlays, so almost close.