Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiuHaka

Doomguy 3D Model for my Birthday

Not going far away from the classic design but yet still feel like a new and fresh one. i like it a lot. keep up the good work! however i didnt like the tattoo but dont worry it just my opinion.

No offense taken, and thank you for commenting. I don’t really like tattoos in general. Especially when self made, which these are. Your comment please me because I don’t like when characters have picture perfect tattoos purely for aesthetics. Like my own tattoos, they are boring, ugly, and purely for narrative.

Really like the cartoon-y aesthetic. Not sure if its intentional, but I've always wanted to see a doom game with more animated visuals.

@Z0k
I completely forgot that the tattoos are on one of several variant options for the Doomguy. The default has no tattoos and a couple of other small differences. IMaybe I'll post the default model within the next few days.

@Egg Boy

Thank you. Yes, the aesthetic is meant to mimic the original designs of Doom.

I could totally see this being used in a game. Probably not a mainline Doom game but something like Quake III.

Edit: The more I look at this, the more it looks like a TF2 model.

47 minutes ago, N1ck said:

I could totally see this being used in a game. Probably not a mainline Doom game but something like Quake III.

Edit: The more I look at this, the more it looks like a TF2 model.

This is a model from a Doomsday Engine project called Doom Ascension that started nearly a decade ago. It is merely a mod that replaces the games sprites with 3D models and the wall and floor textures with matching HD textures.

The model limitations in the Doomsday Engine at that time were harsh and once we learned what Doomsday 2.0 would allow, we shelved the project until 2.0 was launched. I stopped posting updates and as far as I know, this is the first time any of the current version has been publicly displayed.