Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodbath Giraffe

First Posted Map

Map is called Hellsrevenge. This is my first posted map and would like to see what you guys think of it.  If you could give feed back about what you liked and what I could do next time to improve and make a more engaging and exciting map. I jumped in off the deep end and learned a lot while making Hells revenge.  I had tons of fun creating Hells revenge and  an looking to create a 32 map megawad with the feed back you guys provide or possible start smaller with a 6-8 map pack to hone my skills first.  Thanks for you time and your responces.

Hells Revenge was Created using Iwad Doom 2 and Tested in GZdoom, it is plays like original doom (no free look or crouch).  Its one map that takes about 45 min to complete.  The theme is a green cave complex with a large structure as the center piece in the main area. Their is no new enemies or weapons and uses a lot of Sunlust textures.  Im pretty new to doom and i would say the difficulty is hard to very hard with about 1400 total demons. 

HellsRevenge - update 11-17-22.zip

Screenshot (45).png

Screenshot (44).png

Screenshot (43).png

Screenshot (42).png

Edited by Bloodbath Giraffe : updated information

So I got the same issue with most textures not appearing, I opened up your wad in slade and found out it doesn't have any extra textures in it. To fix this you need to either include the resources as a separate file, or preferably open up both your wad and the textures you used in slade (or another wad editor)

Once they are up copy and paste the files in the texture wad/pk3 into your wad so all the needed textures are included whenever someone loads it.

OK I have attached a wad with the textures for a quick fix. I'm still new to all this but I got it to work by opening up GZdoom and adding the wad to the resources and all the missing textures populated correctly. Once I upload it again and it is accepted I will post a new link to the location. Thank you all for the information and being patient with me while I learn.

Texture Pack.zip

One of the classic Doom streamers I follow just played this WAD. Pretty cool to get a guided tour of this map!

https://www.twitch.tv/jplebreton

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/856007839

Not sure how long the video will be on Twitch. After a while, he archives them on his YouTube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7g4dLAAWZzdiMCnjJe6pyQ

1 hour ago, Degree23 said:

Why is this an ftp link?

Because ftp is a perfectly functional way of storing and downloading files? This is an extremely odd question. 

2 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Because ftp is a perfectly functional way of storing and downloading files? This is an extremely odd question. 

Well when I open the link, I can't find the file.

Hence, my question wasn't "extremely odd".

Nevertheless, really enjoyed this. Only gripe I had is that it's possible to do a hell of a lot of the map and not run across the Rocket Launcher, which was really the ideal weapon for a lot of the combat. I had encountered maybe 250 Rockets before I decided to just summon one and carry on.

Thanks Edward850 for letting me know that map had moved.  I have edited the original post to the correct location. I'm glad you enjoyed that map I was the only one to play test the map so it was difficult to place some of the items. I learned watching jplebreton play the map that adding multiple weapons picks up would be better then how I did it.

22 minutes ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

Thanks Edward850 for letting me know that map had moved.

They don't actually move, they get copied to /newstuff as well as their normal location at the same time. So you don't ever need to worry about the /newstuff location.

Thanks for the information next time ill just link it to the normal location.

On 1/6/2021 at 2:31 PM, Edward850 said:

They don't actually move, they get copied to /newstuff as well as their normal location at the same time. So you don't ever need to worry about the /newstuff location.

Sorry at @LadyMistDragon I did have the texture pack loaded but had to take it down for space for other projects. When I return home I will upload it so you can try out the map. If you like it I released a mega wad that can be found here. I will also update the Idgame file so that works as well.  Also if you dont mind me asking how did you were about this map its been dormmate for months.

9 minutes ago, Bloodbath Giraffe said:

Sorry at @LadyMistDragon I did have the texture pack loaded but had to take it down for space for other projects. When I return home I will upload it so you can try out the map. If you like it I released a mega wad that can be found here. I will also update the Idgame file so that works as well.  Also if you dont mind me asking how did you were about this map its been dormmate for months.

It showed up after I hit the random file button in /idgames?:)

@LadyMistDragon I have uploaded a new version of the map. I will uploaded it back to idgames in a week to make sure their are no bug or missing textures.  I added all the needed textures to the wad this time so their should be no need to add the missing textures manually.