Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The_SloVinator

Any Slovenian Doomers out there?

Feels like I'm the only Doomer from Slovenia (Not to be confused with Slovakia), so I'm curious if there are any other Slovene doom players/mappers & such out there active? Met one a couple of years ago but that person has been inactive since 2016.

So I wonder if any of the newer members since then are from the same country.

There are a bunch of people on here from the Balkans but it's more like 1-2 per country outside of maybe Greece and Romania so i think you'll have to join my Albanian ass being alone here :/

I've thought of the idea of a Balkan community project for a bit of south eastern European representation in the Doom community but sadly i can't be asked to organize it and always thought it would be too small :(

Trieste in Italian, Trst in Slovenian and Serbian :)

Anyway went in Croatia and Slovenia a couple of times for doing a week between restaurants and spa pools :D

For going back to In Topic: since we are in the same Time Zone, we could organize some online dooming with Skulltag/Zandro

18 hours ago, Danz said:

Do other Ex-Yu countries count?

If so, then greetings from Bosnia. :)

You know what? I should've rephrased the title that way. Oh well. lol

And hello! I have relatives there. :>

18 hours ago, SOSU said:

There are a bunch of people on here from the Balkans but it's more like 1-2 per country outside of maybe Greece and Romania so i think you'll have to join my Albanian ass being alone here :/

I've thought of the idea of a Balkan community project for a bit of south eastern European representation in the Doom community but sadly i can't be asked to organize it and always thought it would be too small :(

Well, anything is possible. Maybe a community project of two Balkan doomers or something.

Or maybe take time & find as many southern slavs & collaborate. Who knows.

16 hours ago, LuciferSam86 said:

For going back to In Topic: since we are in the same Time Zone, we could organize some online dooming with Skulltag/Zandro

I really need to set up doom multiplayer & play online but I always forget. lol

That could be a good idea. Maybe one day.

===========

Well, I'm happy but not really surprised only few of the ex-Yugoslavs (or Balkans) are here since the game isn't that popular in this region. Italy has more fans but I'm not sure specifically about the Trst region. Guess we have only one so far.

18 hours ago, Angry Saint said:

I'm from Trieste, so right across the border.

Nice to see another italian here

7 hours ago, The_SloVinator said:

I really need to set up doom multiplayer & play online but I always forget. lol

That could be a good idea. Maybe one day.

Yup, my discord is on my profile, so if anyone is interested I can be pinged on Discord

6 hours ago, dmslr said:

A word without any single vowel? O_O

Like your name :D

Vowel less words are weird in indo-european languages like slovenian but they are the standard in afro-aramaic languages found in the arabian peninsula and norfh africa, their writting systems tend to be vowel-less and native speakers guess them from context and their knowledge of the language while communicating.