Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Angry Saint

Farm animals sprite

Chickens and pig sprites exist in Hexen, and Skulltag has a decent bunny sprite which is used for the Daisy skin, they may be of use to you

48 minutes ago, Doomkid said:

Chickens and pig sprites exist in Hexen

The chickens are in Heretic.

41 minutes ago, Scypek2 said:

Redneck Rampage has a bunch of farm animals.

Though the graphic style is quite different, and the resolution much higher.

29 minutes ago, Scypek2 said:

I also recall a Doom screenshot with a bunch of sheep, but I don't remember where those were from.

I think @NeoWorm made them, for alternative morphs, inspired by Hexen II. Also some red and gray squirrels.

2 hours ago, Gez said:

Though the graphic style is quite different, and the resolution much higher.

With a little resizing and polishing you can get some of the RR animals looking pretty Doomy in my experience XD

BOSSE1.png.a45bb87041c618087cdf920e0894a558.png

On 12/21/2020 at 11:17 AM, Gez said:

I think @NeoWorm made them, for alternative morphs, inspired by Hexen II. Also some red and gray squirrels.

Got the spritesheets for these handy, so here they be:

sheepcomplete.png.a2900c664d854b52ccaca4009212b591.png

squirrel.png.b10c2d5c28447a88839383a0cb8c418f.png

ratg.png.1fe5b69aaf54cfeed046ff5e1a51715f.png

The rat is originally from Necrodome, IIRC, and the sheep is a conversion of Hexen 2's model, but Sir Neoworm did all the conversion n' polishin' n' stuff.

Also I guess only one of these is a proper farm animal, but I'm sure there's a rat farm out there somewhere.

12 hours ago, Argenteo said:

Forgot to say...they explode...

Ok, sold!

12 hours ago, Xaser said:

Got the spritesheets for these handy, so here they be:

The rat is originally from Necrodome, IIRC, and the sheep is a conversion of Hexen 2's model, but Sir Neoworm did all the conversion n' polishin' n' stuff.

Also I guess only one of these is a proper farm animal, but I'm sure there's a rat farm out there somewhere.

Yes, in a farm there are probably more rats than cattle.

Thank you!

That is a bunch of really cool sprites being trafficked around and it makes me smile! But the real question is, does it enable the player to have bacon? Mm, bacon.

I've toyed with making a fox by spriting the limbs separately. It's a pain in the ass in DECORATE, but far less so in ZDCode, and I imagine ZScript would make it even easier too. It looks... okay. Kind of silly, like a doll, but still okay.

On 12/21/2020 at 12:17 PM, Scypek2 said:

Redneck Rampage has a bunch of farm animals.

dunn dunnn DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNN

On 12/23/2020 at 4:35 AM, Angry Saint said:

Yes, in a farm there are probably more rats than cattle.

That statement deeply insults me, though I do live in Alberta, where rats are so rare that it is newsworthy whenever one is seen.

7 hours ago, THE IMP said:

When I saw the title first, I thought some one is making a Farmville mod for DooM. That would be nice though.

Ten years ago, I actually did, but the lack of suitable sprites plus a severe dose of RL delayed it. Then I lost most of the recent progress in another bad bout of RL. The map below is all I have left of it :( I'd love to restart it, what with more sprites available and ZScript, etc., but have too many ongoing projects as it is!

ycaih1.jpg

ycaih2.jpg

ycaih3.jpg