Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AtimZarr1

Doom Eternal Email Survey from Bethesda

I received a survey earlier today from Bethesda regarding Doom Eternal, its gameplay, and some other gamer-related questions. There wasn't an NDA or anything so I took some screenshots for those interested in the questions asked. For context, I have 170+ hours on Doom Eternal but have played 2.7 hours in the last two weeks (not sure if there's specific selection or randomization, but I did receive the survey shortly after playing Doom Eternal earlier today).

Proof of email:

TQDeUiA.png

Questions related to: Age, id Software, and Doom Eternal

Spoiler

ObeoLFj.png

DaDalnK.png

OEU6No3.png

fYlbr1R.png

LEqMidP.png

iQAstGW.png

ln9N72l.png

sCfs2aw.png

qLqe7qi.png

Questions related to Doom Eternal's features, gameplay, and satisfaction.

Spoiler

BzscOXn.png

0vun0cG.png

CiMFAVo.png

oVekBQJ.png

vuNUtC6.png

gQoRa5W.png

17CbN3k.png

GImyItS.png

ekSBmYa.png

VirZAU4.png

YYRLcO7.png

nufzeJw.png

CYgebL8.png

Questions related to: Doom, other gaming activities, and gender.

Spoiler

AFWNgGY.png

i1y8xmc.png

tTmOSZa.png

Z5EgX3D.png

zD8vm38.png

VgLGRQS.png

Da7e2AK.png

There was one question I forgot to screencap and I wasn't able to go back, but it was asking about how important were features like weapon mods, character customization, weekly challenges, etc. were.

---

I wasn't expecting a survey and thought it was very interesting and figured I should share it here in case anybody else also got it or if other people are interested in seeing the questions too. My guess is that it's likely for shaping the 2021 development of the game, including DLC Part II and prioritizing certain game features.

I didn't see the part where you can tell them to stop with all the platforming. 

Marauders > Platforming, all day

4 hours ago, Job said:

I didn't see the part where you can tell them to stop with all the platforming. 

Marauders > Platforming, all day

Yeah, they shouldn't take advantage of the game's fluid movement mechanics so the areas between fights aren't just a series of boring hallways!

Seems like a very odd scale to rate each point, having essentially 4 options that say "it's good" and one that says "it's bad".

Additionally, "Level of Difficulty" -- from "poor" to "excellent". If I rate it poor, does this mean too easy or too hard? Seems like a poorly thought out survey in that regard.

2 hours ago, Doom64hunter said:

Additionally, "Level of Difficulty" -- from "poor" to "excellent". If I rate it poor, does this mean too easy or too hard? Seems like a poorly thought out survey in that regard.

It explicitly asks you to explain why in the following question.

This is weird, as I've not received the survey email, even though I subscribed. There's probably some sort of selection involved, unless I somehow ended up in the Do Not Send lists.

If the survey link does not contain private keys or something, I'd like to receive the link in a PM.

Edited by Vic Vos

Invasion Mode? There was a brief segment for this idea in one of the many pre-release showcases, and then it was seemingly never brought up again. I figured that, sometime during the game's delay from 2019 to 2020, it got retooled into Battlemode or Empowered Demons because id either didn't like what was made or they didn't have time to polish it up. Nice to know that it's still on the table. In fact, this survey looks like a sign of them being open to updates/patches/feature additions. The faraway hope for any form of mod support is still in the air, but this'll do fine.

5 minutes ago, DELUXE said:

Invasion Mode? There was a brief segment for this idea in one of the many pre-release showcases, and then it was seemingly never brought up again. I figured that, sometime during the game's delay from 2019 to 2020, it got retooled into Battlemode or Empowered Demons because id either didn't like what was made or they didn't have time to polish it up. Nice to know that it's still on the table. In fact, this survey looks like a sign of them being open to updates/patches/feature additions. The faraway hope for any form of mod support is still in the air, but this'll do fine.

I'm afraid they will implement it with that Kernel Level Anti Cheat again.

4 hours ago, DELUXE said:

I believe they said at one point that they plan to release it early 2021. It would've come out earlier had the pandemic + WFH not complicated things.

On 12/22/2020 at 5:10 AM, Redneckerz said:

Maybe @Enforcer may find this useful to mockingly submit his bug to Bethesda thought i would imagine he would have recieved this survey aswell.

I'm still amazed that thread managed to get past page 1.

1 hour ago, GraphicBleeder said:

I'm still amazed that thread managed to get past page 1.

I will remain amazed when the next patch comes out and the user will come back to mention that his bug still isn't fixed yet.

40 minutes ago, Redneckerz said:

I will remain amazed when the next patch comes out and the user will come back to mention that his bug still isn't fixed yet.

While it is kinda annoying that they're still going on about this, I have to admit it is funny to see them rant on and on about a tiny bug.