Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/Stuff/Chosen.zip
4.9MB

A single player mod set in ancient Egypt. Screenshots on my homepage.

In an attempt to destroy this world from within, Apophis has created Uraeusis to achieve that goal. Chosen by Seth, you must battle your way through the Underworld and defeat Uraeusis.

REQUIRES ZDoom version Gemma.Gemma (19) or higher to play.

In order to properly use the Staff of Seth's Wrath, you'll need to load the mod using the CFG file provided. The CFG file will assign it to weapon slot 8. This WILL modify your ZDoom INI file by adding the Hexen Arc of Death weapon to Doom slot 8.

I tried to clean it up, but I left it for awhile so I may have forgotten something.

I got the latest ZDoom version, and every time I try to play it, it comes up with this message:

The ZDOOM.EXE file is
linked to missing export FMOD.DLL:_FSOUND_Reverb_SetProperties@4.

Well I booted up your bat file; take the "axe" for example - when I shot it, it went to the pistol sprite then back to the axe. The torches flashed from being your sprite to the tall red fire torch from doom that we all know and love. In fact, there seemed to be no presence of a .deh usage anywhere...

LilWhiteMouse said:

Check the wad and make sure the DEHACKED lump isn't corrupted. Anyone else have this problem?

Nope, no problem. I got it to work fine. This has got to be one of the best TC's I've ever seen. Sort of reminds me of Gauntlet, Hexen2, and powerslave at the same time, while having it's own style all it's own.

R0><0rS!! :)

However, it DID seem a good bit short though. Thought of making more for it?

The only problem I have is with those archers. They shoot about five arrows at you at one time, and if even half of them hit you (especially in the beginning), you're in a lot of trouble. Now, that wouldn't be so bad if the bow that you pick up could do the same thing, but the weapon you use only shoots one arrow at a time.

Well, I tried it with zdoom v 1.23 and the dehacked seemed to function ok, but nothing else did as this is designed for v. gemma.gemma

When I tried with v. gemma.gemma it functioned more ok, but the dehacked file seemed to be fully out of function leaving me with hordes of ss-nazis and a chaingun looking like a longbow with the chaingun firing animation superimposed.

LilWhiteMouse said:

Check the wad and make sure the DEHACKED lump isn't corrupted. Anyone else have this problem?

No, no problem, I played enough to see that all was OK. The patch is safely in the wad. I did just grab the latest zdoom from zdoom.notgod.com/lars however.

Ichor said:

The only problem I have is with those archers. They shoot about five arrows at you at one time, and if even half of them hit you (especially in the beginning), you're in a lot of trouble. Now, that wouldn't be so bad if the bow that you pick up could do the same thing, but the weapon you use only shoots one arrow at a time.

Especially with my so-so eyesight, it took me a while to be able to judge when the archers were about to unleash a shot. For your first encounter with them, I don't think you can ever stand and face them. The first secret allows you to approach them effectively. Just don't let a scarab injure you while you are messing with the secret!

Little Faith said:

When I tried with v. gemma.gemma it functioned more ok, but the dehacked file seemed to be fully out of function leaving me with hordes of ss-nazis and a chaingun looking like a longbow with the chaingun firing animation superimposed.

Exactly what happened to me...

No problem here with vgemma.gemma, or the latest zdoom. Are you guys dropping the console to verify which zdoom version you have running (look in the lower right)?

Well, I just tried it out, and it has amazing potential, only problem is I have the dehacked problem... the dehacked doesn't work. And yes, its v19, or vgemma.gemma. I don't understand it myself.

Yes, it says vgemma.gemma in the lower right corner of the console..

..but still it functions as though it is missing a dehacked file.

When running it with zdoom v 1.23 the dehacked functions, but the sprite alignments are totally screwed.

BTW, the music fucking rocks! Reminds me of some older Amiga games and such.

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/19stuff.zip

DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP THAT TO YOUR FOLDER WITH DOOM AND ZDOOM. THEN TRY! AHHAHAHAHHAHA NO MORE DEHACKED PROBLEMS ANYMORE!!!
AHHAHAHAHHAHA NO MORE DEHACKED PROBLEMS ANYMORE!!!

DOOM Anomaly and a bunch of other people basicly said:

Yeah, the sprite are like all over the place and cra-z jazz in 1.23 Zdoom. Otherwise than that, it freaking rulez!!!! Excellent Job!

yes, please fix! i want to play this!! but i'll hold out until this issue is resolved. I loaded up the thing and it's acting like a .deh is missing yada yada you know what I'm talkin about..

great story and everything, you should continue this!~

Edit: Oh..um. Thanks, uh, Nick.

From what I see in the zipped file, I can only guess that you guys did not have the correct zdoom.wad. Right? Sometimes Randy only updates the zdoom.exe so you always have to get the most recent zdoom.wad from the prior zdoom version.

Also, what do you guys mean by "zdoom1.23"? Everything since zdoom 1.22 is zdoom 1.23, including the very latest, until Randy officially releases 2.0. Maybe you mean zdoom 1.23 beta 33?

Nick Perrin said:

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!I FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!

http://imechanation.deepdreams.net/19stuff.zip

DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP THAT TO YOUR FOLDER WITH DOOM AND ZDOOM. THEN TRY! AHHAHAHAHHAHA NO MORE DEHACKED PROBLEMS ANYMORE!!!

AAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHA!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT DIDNT WORKM ONLY PREVENTED ZDOOM FROM BEING ABLE TO BE PLAYED!!!!!!! OMG YOU FIGURED IT OUT!!!!!OMG!!!![/sarcasm]

Get this

sparky.suhost.com/pub/doom/zdoom_pre_23.zip

That should have the correct files. I think there are some mixups going on with zdoom.exe and zdoom.wad, Randy does not always zip them together if he does not update the wad.

Edit: Ack, I see that Sparky has more than you need in that zip, don't let it bother you. You need the zdoom.exe, zdoom.wad and fmod.dll from his file. The other stuff is optional.

Yeah, it's final. 'Chosen' kicks raw ass. Mm-hmm. You guys should also try out 'Gunsmith Cats' by same author. Different thread. Pretty fun as well.

Nick Perrin said:

Yeah, it's final. 'Chosen' kicks raw ass. Mm-hmm. You guys should also try out 'Gunsmith Cats' by same author. Different thread. Pretty fun as well.

Hey, I'm one of the first LWM fans. You should see her Chibi Rebellion mod.

Biffy said:

Hey, I'm one of the first LWM fans. You should see her Chibi Rebellion mod.

Indeed, and finally it looks like her mods are getting the attention they deserve.