Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MFG38

[Now on /idgames!] 3x3 - 3 flats, 3 textures, 3 monsters! community speedmapping(ish) project

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm beyond excited to announce that 3x3 is now up on /idgames! It's located in the following URL:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/3x3

The OP has been updated with the same link. It'll reside there alongside the existing Dropbox and Google Drive links - I figure it's a good idea to keep the latter two as alternative download "mirrors" in case people run into problems with downloading the file from one or the other.

3 hours ago, MFG38 said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm beyond excited to announce that 3x3 is now up on /idgames! It's located in the following URL:

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/3x3

The OP has been updated with the same link. It'll reside there alongside the existing Dropbox and Google Drive links - I figure it's a good idea to keep the latter two as alternative download "mirrors" in case people run into problems with downloading the file from one or the other.

Question: How did you do this?

Mostly just out of curiousity, because I've always wanted to try that.

I know it uses FTP shenanigans but

10 minutes ago, forgettablepyromaniac said:

Question: How did you do this?

This thread has some basic instructions on how to upload files to /idgames - I personally used WinSCP to connect to the server via FTP and upload the file. There are some rules and guidelines you need to follow if you want your entry to be accepted (see point #8). Another thing worth noting is that unless you email the maintainers in advance (which I didn't), it can take a decently long while for the confirmation email to hit your inbox. I waited for it for just over a week.