Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dunn & Dunn

Probably the millionth "Happy Holidays" thread on this site

It's exactly 12:20AM, Dec. 25th, 2020, here in the MDT time zone. (I know it's late. lol) Wishing everyone a merry Christmas / happy holidays!

Some of you might be bummed with what's been happening this year and probably not been able to do as much as you'd like.

I watched A Charlie Brown Christmas this eve with the family (for the millionth time, yeah), and I'm sure you all know how it goes. It's really showing how Christmas doesn't always come from a store - the "commercial" part of Christmas has basically gotten worse this year anyways. And that little tree Charlie Brown brings, and the others later decorate, to me is a little metaphor for making the most out of what you have, and also making sure nobody's left out. A little "Merry Christmas" or a present to someone can mean a lot to them. And to some people the holiday season is a struggle due to never getting that very thing, even if the walls are decked to all hell with bright lights and holly.

"...What if Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more..."

I'm no therapist, and I don't want this to come off as another one of those "stay strong and find help" text walls you occasionally see on the Internet, so even if this year's been garbage, I'm just wishing everyone the best this season.  👍