Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CyberDestroyer

What did you guys get for christmas?

$500 MXN from my grandma, headphones from my parents and a new HDMI cable (I bought it with the money)

And today (December 26th), I was able to see my cousins :D

*Oh, I almost forgot it, a non-alcoholic beer (I'm 16, so I can't drink any alcoholic drink)

Mostly the usual - booze, books, snacks, stuff for the apartment. My brother, however, knows me and my aesthetic very well, and got me a bunch of 80's/90's action figures. In all I got a bit over a dozen, but these three take the cake:

image.png.3aa382e5a92d863608238540e9d397e7.png

I absolutely adore big burly bizarre cybernetic dudes from the 90's, when early Image Comics was taking the world by storm and everyone wanted their own team of weird bulksters.

It might be hard to see, but the dude on the left has three right arms - maybe he's the cousin of the dude in the middle, who also has three right arms?

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please do not inform me of the origins of these action figures. My favorite type of action figures are the ones where I have no idea where they came from, so that I can appreciate them purely as a visual/tactile art object. I just want them to be cool muscly dudes whose only backstory I am aware of is the one I picture in my head.

Well I got this... some bits from my wife and other famiky members and the rest I bought myself during 2020:

Ryzen 5 2600

Powercolor Red Devil RX5700XT

GXT case with red lighting

32 GB 3200 MHz Corsair Dominator memory

GXT Mech keyboard with red lighting

GXT Gaming mouse with red lighting

GXT mousepad

Some amazon headset with red lighting

850w Corsair 80+ psu

256 GB NVME SSD

4x1 GB SATA Samsung SSD

8 hours ago, GraphicBleeder said:

A Nintendo Entertainment System Classic, a copy of POSTAL The Movie, and a Doom poster.

Did you like the movie? I thought it was surprisingly really funny and true to the games. Uwe boll best for sure.

5 hours ago, Spooner5020 said:

Did you like the movie? I thought it was surprisingly really funny and true to the games. Uwe boll best for sure.

Honestly?

I loved it. I loved everything about it.

It's stupid, dumb, and bad compared to other films, but it's not a modern movie. It's a POSTAL movie.

Someday I hope for RWS to make a movie based on the first game. I think that'd be pretty cool.

7 hours ago, GraphicBleeder said:

Honestly?

It's stupid, dumb, and bad compared to other films, but it's not a modern movie. It's a POSTAL movie.

Someday I hope for RWS to make a movie based on the first game. I think that'd be pretty cool.

The movie was based on 2 right? My only issue with it was Zack Ward’s casting as the PostalDude. He seemed nothing like the game’s and I don’t know if that was Uwe’s fault or Zack’s. 

Edited by Spooner5020

A fight with my cousin that was so bad I don't think we will ever communicate again

And socks

Spent time with family, and didn’t have bushfires running wild.. That would have been plenty compared to last year, but I also got some new shirts and a replacement for my broken old GPU. Fantastic Christmas for me all around, really what I needed after a very rough patch in Nov and early Dec. I also got some tips in my paypal jar - I didn’t even notice til a week ago so they felt like Christmas donations. Thank you to the gorgeous handful who threw some change in my hat <3

I still have a little left on my Steam account, should I get Deathmatch Classic or use that dollar to buy something else?

I want to answer the OP question, but I want to buy a few more games during the Steam sale this year.

Nothing of importance, sadly.

I wanted a new GPU, but the stock issues made it impossible (FUCK YOU SCALPERS!!)

I wanted a new monitor, but I figured I'd wait a bit longer.

What I DID get, though, was some stuff I needed;

• shirts, socks, and underwear
  • a $50 Amazon gift card (not sure what to do with it though...)
  • a study pillow
  • 2 Garfield books

...but most importantly, the Complete Calvin and Hobbes.

On 12/27/2020 at 10:27 AM, GraphicBleeder said:

Honestly?

Hi There Would You Like To Sign My Petition?

Well, for Christmas I've got new purse because my old one looks terrible and for myself I bought couple of games. It could be better, but I don't complain. 

On 12/25/2020 at 6:07 PM, Diabolución said:

a loose copy of the floppy bundled with The Lost Episodes of Doom.

Breaking my self-imposed rule about not posting outside of Classic Doom (it really helps me to use the forum as a forum)...

Just received my floppy! It is entirely readable, by the way. SHA-1 of the dump: e820373ae6bd18282bec8f3aa5b40c71a6105637.