Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dubbag

My Guitar Cover of Meshuggah's "Born in Dissonance"

Guitar and Bass Cover of Meshuggah's "Born in Dissonance". Very rough I know and not perfect but this songs rhythms are very very tough. Also there's no solo cause this is just a test for sound. Plus I don't know it yet lol. Played on a Schrecter 8-string Omen, Esp 4 string. I was just wondering if people likedi tor not, I want to make a new album its been years so this might be the tone I'm going to use.

Born_in_Dissonance.zip

Even though I'm at work and can't listen to it yet, I'll give it a thumbs up because that song is awesome and anyone attempting Meshuggah songs gets respect from me. Because profile pic and that

12 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Even though I'm at work and can't listen to it yet, I'll give it a thumbs up because that song is awesome and anyone attempting Meshuggah songs gets respect from me. Because profile pic and that

Thank you man I hope you enjoy it.

Waveform of your cover:

Spoiler

Untitled.png.c0257b8f529a2f9e0dbc06ae80f06b00.png

Waveform of the original song:

Spoiler

Untitled2.png.83f5c674a7748bcfd990b9a7cdd26c7f.png

Comments on the cover:

• The recording/mixing needs to be better; currently the audio is way too loud, harsh, and distorted.  There's a lot of clipping.  While the original is also loud, it's not excessively distorted.
  • The cover is in mono instead of stereo for some reason.  This causes the rhythm guitar to sound narrow (listen to the original and notice how the rhythm guitar is "wide" due to being double-tracked in stereo).
  • The drums do cut through, but they are too loud.
  • I find it difficult to tell what notes the guitar/bass are playing; the tone is too distorted/muddy (although that could be due to the recording being too loud).  In the original, the guitar and bass are much clearer while still retaining their heaviness, and the bass notes are clearly audible under the guitar.

Basically: Fix the recording volume and record in stereo; that will significantly improve the cover's audio quality.

Edited by TheUltimateDoomer666