Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soon2bGlue

WackEd Damage Query

Hi guys,

A quick question with WackEd-

In WackEd many enemies have got a damage value of 0. I understand that this is because their attacks are independent to the creature themselves eg the imp's fireball. My question is this- 

If the monster damage value is increased does this have an effect on the independent attack? Or are they both completely separate?

Thanks everyone in advance, you guys never fail to share your knowledge and teach me a few things :-)

For the most part, no. iirc the only thing in vanilla doom it would effect on a monster is the damage a Lost Soul does. Someone correct me if I'm missing something.

36 minutes ago, Btyb88 said:

For the most part, no. iirc the only thing in vanilla doom it would effect on a monster is the damage a Lost Soul does. Someone correct me if I'm missing something.

I believe it's anything with a lost soul attack. (Someone correct me too if I'm missing something.) 

The damage value is basically for projectiles. You can use it for the lost soul charge because the action turns the monster into a projectile as well (by auto swapping some flags I guess).

If you want to change other type of attacks you have to do it on the projectile index. Or you can double that value on the state table, by stacking 0 tic frames with the action you want to buff. That's useful to increase melee attacks (since they are hardcoded), or give different values for monsters who share the same projectiles (ie. hell knight and baron of hell).

Edited by Noiser