Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Are you an active DoomWorld Playtester?

10 minutes ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

@Clippy posts YouTube videos of his playthroughs, via GZDoom with freelook - he finds some projects on Doomworld and gives them a shot, occasionally going for a UV-MAX if he can be bothered. While his feedback might not be like Bridgeburner or HAK3180 with super in-depth criticism, it's still enjoyable to watch and I like his commentary.

thanks for the mention buddy but I'm finding less and less free time on my hands and an even busier New year coming up

I like to keep it light and manageable by picking and choosing maps that I know I can play at my leisure

I'd rather not take on a workload and then have a fun pastime become a job that I may not be able to keep up with

Occasionally I receive a private message request and if I have time I try to answer these but would not want to overwhelm myself by being a part of this list

Sorry guys

Just now, Clippy said:

thanks for the mention buddy but I'm finding less and less free time on my hands and an even busier New year coming up

I like to keep it light and manageable by picking and choosing maps that I know I can play at my leisure

I'd rather not take on a workload and then have a fun pastime become a job that I may not be able to keep up with

Occasionally I receive a private message request and if I have time I try to answer these but would not want to overwhelm myself by being a part of this list

Sorry guys

Understandable. Just thought I'd throw in an honorable mention. 👍

1 minute ago, Dunn & Dunn said:

Understandable. Just thought I'd throw in an honorable mention. 👍

Thank you very much buddy and I appreciate it and hate to turn it down

I also had to turn down two different requests to play megawads lately

But I do think this thread is great and will be valuable for those who do have time to dedicate themselves to this and for new mappers to have quick access for Play testers

Very great idea @Austinado and I'm glad to see it's taking off

8 minutes ago, Austinado said:

@Dunn & Dunn and thats why he is not in the list. Im very aware of @Clippy. I can put him as partial playtester, but only by his own will. 

I'm pretty sure people who know me and actually want to seek out my specific opinion would seek me out directly and I accept most direct requests such as this especially if it's a single map

I just didn't want to open up the floodgates for ppl who didn't know me as well because I really don't think I could keep up with that haha 

Sometimes I see specific new maps that appeal to me and I want to have the freedom to be able to take them on without being locked into obligations I really don't think I could manage

I really hate to turn people down and I feel bad to keep my name off this list but I think it's what's for the best for me

I'm glad to see you were able to get quite an impressive play tester pool so soon though. Good job everyone this community is awesome!

@Clippy my name is not in list as well, i have alot of reasons for that. Im a Playtester as well...i feel sad...but now i cant. I understand and respect your position, like i know everybody respects mine position as well. Plenty of maps to playtest freely in the topic WADs and Mods...i know you are alright ;) You keep your thing and have fun :)

Yes, I am still active, I recently tested a level that was PM'ed for me, in fact.

Though as I noted in the other thread, I'm the guy who will test your map with GZDoom, mods and with lower difficulties. I'll find visual glitches, comment on your flow, compliment your good sections, and tell you if I think the difficulty balance is good. I provide screencaps, rather than demos normally. You will need a chart similar to the old thread so people know exactly what you're providing.

I can do discord if that is wanted, I happen to have the same ID and avatar on it. But I actually check that less frequently than Doomworld itself ironically.

4 hours ago, eharper256 said:

Yes, I am still active, I recently tested a level that was PM'ed for me, in fact.

Though as I noted in the other thread, I'm the guy who will test your map with GZDoom, mods and with lower difficulties. I'll find visual glitches, comment on your flow, compliment your good sections, and tell you if I think the difficulty balance is good. I provide screencaps, rather than demos normally. You will need a chart similar to the old thread so people know exactly what you're providing.

I can do discord if that is wanted, I happen to have the same ID and avatar on it. But I actually check that less frequently than Doomworld itself ironically.

I have sent you the Little Playtestester Form.

I would love to help playtesting, but alas I can't.... Genshin Impact and Phantasy Star Online 2 need me.

Sometimes I’ll play test silently but I’ve been looking into the idea of playtesting alot more after finishing a few goals.

Yeah I still play test maps and I've written reviews here and there throughout 2020, I've just had to slow down since unlike 2017-(early) 2019, I was mostly volunteering at charity shops rather than properly working for a wage, so my free time is a little smaller now. Also, I work on Blue Pineapple's monthly speed mapping serires pretty frequently so I'm still working with DooM. :)

@Austinado hey, since i made that post i have been pretty far from doom in general, so apologies to anyone who has messaged me since that old post asking for playtests.. i barely have enough time to playtest my own maps these days as it is.. So yeah, probably best to take my name off that list to avoid disappointment

9 minutes ago, bemused said:

@Austinado hey, since i made that post i have been pretty far from doom in general, so apologies to anyone who has messaged me since that old post asking for playtests.. i barely have enough time to playtest my own maps these days as it is.. So yeah, probably best to take my name off that list to avoid disappointment

The list is here to know if you were active. The main list on the forum dont have your name ;) Dont worry.

You can add me as a partial playtester. I'm fairly on/off about when I actually feel like playtesting a map, so I don't think "Active" would be a good way to describe it.

I can record myself playing the wad and upload it to youtube, and I'll record audio commentary if I can, but that's not always an option so no promises.

I'm less likely to be interested in highly abstract map architecture. More grounded stuff tends to be more my jam.

Preferred difficulty varies, I'm not very good at Doom but I do still enjoy being challenged. Just make it clear who your target audience was in terms of difficulty.

On that note the only maps I will give a "hard pass" on are slaughter maps. And I guess TerryWads, but I can't imagine devs for those are in dire need of playtesters.

I'd prefer to stay on GZDoom, but I'll use any source port that has full vertical mouse aiming support. (You can write down "Refuses to play without freelook" as a note)

As for length, I won't play sets that take more than a hour or two in a single sitting, but I will still try to get through all of it eventually.

Message me through Doomworld PM only. I won't confirm or deny if I'm going to play your wad, but I will make sure to send you a message telling you I've at least seen it.

Hey man, I'm in. Not too focused on doom rn, but def willing to try out some wads if see the DW notification :). Can make youtube videos or stream playtest sessions on twitch, but I do not do mic stuff. I've also mapped a bit. eirc#0666 on discord.

Prefer GZDoom strict compatibility or prboom, prefer no freelook, no jump/croutch, no heavily modded stuff. I <3 SLAUGHTER.

Edited by eirc

Sign me up!

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: Uh, Moderate? Ancient Aliens and Eviternity on UV pushed my skill level in places. I'll generally default to UV, but save a lot. Don't throw anything extreme my way. I won't enjoy it.

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 5. I don't have a great deal of spare time and don't want to over-commit.

Genres don't like: I don't want to playtest slaughtermaps. Prefer a mostly-vanilla monster roster and weapons. Not interested in multiplayer.

Preferred source ports: GZDoom, but I'll play on PrBoom+ by request.

Refused source ports: Eternity, Zandronum

Demos or written comments: Either/both, probably as the fancy takes me.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): PM me on Doomworld.

Hello there! I am willing to sign up as a partial playtester! :) 

Some info about me:

I am a partial playtester! I'm mostly active in Doomworld and in playing Doom during thursdays and weekends. I can be active during weekdays but there is no guarantee :)

I normally playtest WADS then upload the gameplay to youtube (No voiced commentary while playing the wad at this point, Commentary will be Coming soon ;)) alongside written comments and feedback for the wad authors/mappers! 

My preferred difficulty is Ultra Violence (Hurt me plenty too if the Wad is very challenging)

I can play any type of single-player map and custom modifications and stuff are totally cool with me :D As for multiplayer maps, I'm not sure if I can playtest multiplayer wads though as well as wads that require a beefy computer (large or complex wads, or cpu-intensive wads like nuts XD) but I will try my best to optimize and playtest it :) I don't have a powerful pc but it can record GZDoom at 60fps in a 1024x768 resolution smoothly

My preferred source port for playtesting is GZDoom, normally with compatibility set to Boom although if the wad has a specific compat required, its fine with me :)

You can contact me through DM in Doomworld!

If you guys need more info, just tell me ;)

I want in too!

I've been trying to get back into Doom, and I think this may just be up my alley!

Active/Partial Playtester: Partial Playtester

Preferred difficulty: I have experience checking balance on the lower difficulties, but I can do UV if requested.

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Between 1 and 10. I like small map sets the best.

Genres I don't like: Platforming, ovbiously. I'm not a fan of Slaughter, either. But I do love me some Gameplay changes!

Preferred source ports: GZDoom, but can do others, if requested.

Refused source ports: I'm not a fan of either Crispy, nor Chocolate.

Demos or written comments: I like to do mainly written comments, but I may be able to whip out a demo, or even a video

Edited by PeceMan

Greetings, @Austinado.

I'm sorry, but I have to ask you to take me off the playtesters list. My new job takes much more of my time away, so I'm not able to dedicate myself to gaming in the same way.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Adamast0r

I am interested in becoming a playtester. I can test for gzdoom, glboom-plus and prboom-plus (any port is fine but do mind that I'm running windows 10).

UV difficulty preferred, I'm less interested in giving feedback on difficulty differences (I take maps at face value and generally accept the UV challenges)

I'm adept at slaughter as well as modern style wads.

I'll give written feedback, but we can talk about demos for sure.

Add me to the list! Drop me a PM!

Maybe I'm a newbie here but I'm a long time Doom fan, and I like testing community maps. I also create my own.
I comment the map but I also think about posting playthroughs on YouTube.
I play only singleplayer maps on HMP and UV. I like all styles apart from Sandy Petersen-ish (very big, empty and pointless). I use GZDoom.
Add me to the list, please.

3 hours ago, HAK3180 said:

Regrettably, you should probably remove me from the pinned thread. It's been a fun three years. 

We will be waiting for your return ! Thanks alot for your commitment towards the DW community and wishes of good luck on the release of your project!

Hello, I was wondering where I could post my wad? Looking for feed back on the combat/item placement on my level in particular. Made a thread earlier in the week, but haven't heard back from anyone. Should I post the link to my map here?