Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Are you an active DoomWorld Playtester?

Might as well toss in, if possible.

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: UV (Primarily), HMP (Secondarily)

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Any. More maps = more time, of course.

Genres don't like: Niche platforming, jokewads, trollwads.

Preferred source ports: DSDA-Doom, Woof, Eternity (for Eternity exclusives only).

Refused source ports: Others.

Demos or written comments: Demos and/or written comments.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Doomworld PM, Discord. For Discord, you can PM me for it or find me in the DSDA server.

Notes: Mostly comfortable with gameplay and general level design testing/critique. I will notify of stuff like HOMs and missing/misaligned textures, but I don't typically go out of my way to hunt them down. Can test both from a casual playthrough perspective and speedrunning perspective. For multi-map sets, willing to test both continuous and pistol start.

I second to Maribo, I want to be a partial tester cuz I'm usually busy, so, here's my info

Active/Partial Playtester: Partial

Preferred difficulty: Hurt Me plenty (But I can test wads on any other difficulty)

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): No limit

Genres don't like: Slaughter maps, Jokewads, TerryWAD's

Preferred souce ports: Vanilla Doom, Chocolate Doom, Sprinkled-Doom, Crispy-Doom, From DOOM With Love, LZDoom and GZDoom

Refused source ports: None

Demos or written comments: Written comment and demo (Maybe a video too)

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Private Message or Discord (Lol 6#3627)

Preferred difficulty: Hurt Me Plenty

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Any. 

Genres don't like: Troll WADs, Straight Slaughter Maps

Preferred source ports: PrBoom+, DSDA-Doom, Eternity Engine, GZDoom if required.

Refused source ports: Anything DOS Based. 

Demos or written comments: Video recording + written if requested

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Doomworld PM,Discord (Daxx#6242), or my twitch channel DaxxAlabel.

Edited by DaxxAlabel : Clarification

i could make videos on the maps and i have quite a bit of experience as a map maker. I would like to join! i would say i'm a aprtial tester. 

Preferred difficulty: Hurt Me Plenty

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 1-10 

Genres don't like: Troll, slaughter and puzzle

Preferred source ports: GZDoom 

Refused source ports: Anything obscure

Demos or written comments: Video recording (with commentary)

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): If you want to contact just dm me on discord with the info. Discord acc: Tactical_burger_69#9094

So, noticed this is recently updated and just wanted to at least ask. What pre-requisites are needed for one becoming a playtester, at least in terms of this place? 

6 minutes ago, ANonThingie! said:

So, noticed this is recently updated and just wanted to at least ask. What pre-requisites are needed for one becoming a playtester, at least in terms of this place? 

Ask nicely and fill out the form to show what you're interested in. All there is to it =3

7 minutes ago, Astro X said:

Kind of funny. I could swear @Clippy was a playtester lol

I don't have time to be on this list

1 hour ago, ANonThingie! said:

If you want to be part of the list of playtesters, ill send you a simple form to you to fill and add you.

27 minutes ago, Austinado said:

If you want to be part of the list of playtesters, ill send you a simple form to you to fill and add you.

Oh, cool. Please go ahead and send us the form.

On 8/24/2021 at 6:56 AM, Obsidian said:

Not applying to be a playtester, just wanted to make a suggestion: I know that there were a few dedicated playtesting threads around at some point, would it be worth it to link those in the main thread as well? Provided that they haven't gone completely inactive, of course.

Thats actually a good idea. If you have the links for those dedicated playtesting threads, i can add them to the Pinned thread.

The time has come to try to join the playtesters, @Austinado could you add me to the list? :D

Infos:

Spoiler
  • Active/Partial Playtester: Active
  • Preferred difficulty: Any (just don't throw me in some boxing ring with high tier baddies)
  • Number of maps in a set (Max/Min):  max 6/1 episode (or the equivalent of a ~1 hour playthrough)
  • Genres don't like: Joke wads and Slaughtermaps
  • Preferred souce ports: GZDoom
  • Refused source ports: Not-GZDoom (for now)
  • Demos or written comments: Written comments, might record videos (YT) on request
  • Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Private message
  • Notes: I might sound harsh sometimes, also, if you have some specific testing request, fell free to ask 

5 hours ago, Kan3 said:

The time has come to try to join the playtesters, @Austinado could you add me to the list? :D

Hide contents
  • 

List is updated! Thanks ;)

yea ill playtest some shit

active/partial playtester : partial

number of maps i can play : 5 or 10 maybe

preferred difficulty : hurt me plenty

types of maps i dont like : puzzle maps

preferred ports : gzdoom, k8vavoom

refused source ports : nothing

demos or written comments : written most of the time. maybe a live stream 

Twitter : @BmfgThe

Discord : The BMFG#8287

Notes : None

Edited by The BMFG

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: Ultra-violence (but will play on any.)

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): No hard set limits on number of maps, but prefer fewer.

Genres don't like: Joke wads (not great at Slaughter Maps, but willing to playtest them)

Preferred source ports: GZDoom (but willing to play in others if requested)

Refused source ports: None

Demos or written comments: Videos for Youtube, but will also do written comments if requested.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Private messages is fine, but also be contacted on Discord Mr. Robutt#6263 or on twitter at @KingNoNothing

Notes: Depending on number of maps and length of playtime, I will try to do two playthroughs of the levels I'm sent.

Since the community is giving me so much in terms of playtesting, I would like to give back a bit and playtest your wads!

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: HMP or UV if it's not too brutal

Genres don't like: Joke wads, extreme slaughter. My all time fave is Plutonia, nuff said.

Preferred source ports: GZDoom 

Refused source ports: All others cause I'm daft at complevels and stuff

Demos or written comments: written comments only through private DMs, so I can be as candid as possible with pointing out areas of improvement. You also wouldn't like my accent. Really.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): a PM is fine. I don't bite!

Preferred difficulty: I'm too young to die (Sometimes Hey, not too rough )

Genres don't like: Slaughter maps, Jokewads, TerryWADs

Preferred souce ports: GZDoom, Woof! and PRBoom+

Refused source ports: Vanilla, Chocolate Doom

Demos or written comments: Written comment, streaming too on Twitch

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Private Message or Discord @ LuciferSam#7338

Throwing my hat in the ring.

Active/Partial Playtester: Active, may be partial in the future

Preferred difficulty: Whatever the mapper sets out for, but will default to UV if not specified

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 5 max for now, but this is soft - it entirely depends on the size and difficulty of the maps themselves.

Genres don't like: Confusing/maze-like puzzle maps, and probably jokewads as well...that's about it. Niche stuff like Frog and Toad I can appreciate but likely will not enjoy playing.

Genres like: I have a soft spot for difficult, clever, setpiece-oriented maps (Sunlust, Flotsam, Fractured Worlds, any Ribbiks releases) and don't mind platforming at all. I will enjoy giving critique on any unique encounters or concepts the mapper sets out for. I'm always in the mood for innovation. Although, while I can handle and appreciate a number of difficult WADs, I may not enjoy dying tons of times to figure them out :P

Preferred source ports: GZDoom, DSDA-Doom (I play casually in the former but will play in a proper source port if need be)

Refused source ports: Anything else, including Chocolate Doom or pure vanilla

Style of playtesting: Recorded playthroughs, commentary or not. Will also provide written feedback.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Private Message on Doomworld or on Discord ( Dunn & Dunn#8435 )

Thought I'd join in too, seems fun! I'm no expert, but thought I'd offer my help here.

Preferred difficulty: I personally default to UV, unless otherwise specified. I've got no problem w/ HMP, too.

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Min: 1, Max 32, (although packs this large might take me some time, so make sure to consider that - DM packs would be a bit quicker than SP packs)

Genres like: multiplayer: - any deathmatch map / duel map - I'm open to playing CTF maps, also - but my knowledge in that area is lesser. SP: please no slaughter maps, or 'challenge' maps - anything else is fair game. I'm no Doom god, I'm alright at the game, but I'm not insanely good or anything, so VERY difficult map packs probably won't be my thing, unless I'm able to play them on an easier difficulty. Co-op: depending on if I can get a reliable co-op partner, I may also playtest the very occasional co-op focused level.

Preferred source ports: newest GZDOOM for SP, Zdaemon/Zandro for MP - I might even use LZDOOM's splitscreen option for MP, too - depends how my brother and I feel that day.

Refused source ports: Anything else

Style of playtesting: Thorough write-ups, although depending on the SP pack, I might record a first-attempt playthrough. I may also record a multiplayer game on one of your maps w/ my brother, if I am able to. I would send an unlisted Youtube link to you on completion, if that was the case. These videos won't have commentary... yet. I intend on getting a mic set-up soon enough, so I can provide more in-depth info as I play.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): You can reach me on Discord at: Arrowhead#5682, or you can hit me up on the Wadazine server - I'm usually there. Feel free to also message me by Doomworld DM, I've got no problem w/ that, either. I've also got no issue w/ Discord voice chat, if that's your thing! :)

Edited by Arrowhead

I've been play testing a handful of maps on this forum, and I'm happy to do more.

Active/partial playtester: Active - free time depending.

Preferred difficulty: I normally play on UV, but happy to test lower difficulties.

Number of maps in a set: Probably around 5 max. I tend to prefer shorter maps that take under 20 minutes to complete.

Genres like: My youtube channel (in my about me) should give a good indication of what I like. I enjoy challenging combat set pieces, but also like more casual adventure maps. I do enjoy secret hunting.
Genres don't like: Joke wads, overly gimmicky stuff, hold fire to win slaughter maps. I also suck at platforming.

Preferred source ports: DSDA-Doom. My preferred style of play is no mouselook.

Refused source ports: Anything that is a complete hassle to install/use.
Style of playtesting: Youtube video/demo lump. I will typically do a blind FDA. If the map seems to be in my skill range I'll keep trying saveless, otherwise I'll save scum it. I currently just do a text write up, but may switch to doing recorded voice commentary in future.

Contact: DM me here. I'm also on Twitter with the same username. 

I would like to be added to the list of playtesters! Thanks for doing this Austin! U are my DAD! fuGue#4160 on discord

Preferred difficulty: Ultra-Violence

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): No limit.

Genres don't like: Puzzle maps, stupid jokewads, generally confusing and overly complex maps.

Preferred source ports: Vanilla Doom, Chocolate Doom, Crispy Doom, PrBoom, GZDoom

Refused source ports: All other source ports. I'm not gonna download and try every source port.

Demos or written comments: Written comments.

Edited by DoomBoomer