Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Austinado

Are you an active DoomWorld Playtester?

I have playtested in the past, but I guess this is a way to make it official. So I'd love to be added to the list.

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: UV

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Any, but I likely will not be able to dive deeply into > 10 maps at a time. I like to take my time looking for problems.

Genres don't like: /

Preferred souce ports: dsda-doom, gzdoom

Refused source ports: I don't like the chunkiness of crispy doom / chocolate doom / woof, but I don't think there's anything those are needed for that dsda doesn't cover.

Demos|written comments| youtube| Twitch: Demos / written comments

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): DW PM, Discord Ennello#3968, 

Notes: While I'm usually available, I can't guarantee that I'll be able to review a project at any given time, but I suppose that is the case with most playtesters here. I'll try to break your map, you have been warned :))

Thanks in advance!

Hello there! I would like to be added to the list as well, I've just got back into Doom after almost two years.

Active/Partial Playtester: Active.

Preferred difficulty: HMP, another one if requested.

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 8/1.

Genres don't like: Terry/Jokewads, Slaughter maps, Deathmatch maps.

Preferred souce ports: GZDoom.

Refused source ports: Any other for now.

Demos|written comments| youtube| Twitch: Written comment and, if requested, a video on YouTube w/o commentary.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): PM

Notes: I test maps on weekends only.

Thanks!

On 1/8/2023 at 6:20 PM, Tactical Burger 69 said:

take me off thanks 

Done! Thanks for your service!

I might as well throw my hat in the ring here too!

Preferred difficulty: any

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 6/1 (more if they are short, a dozen or so)

Genres don't like: none

Preferred source ports: Woof!

Refused source ports: none

Demos/written comments/YouTube/Twitch:

youtube video with audio commentary and post-playthrough impressions at the end

if requested I can also do written comments (with timestamps to video) and demos

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): DW PM for a private playtest, or you can post on my profile page for a public video there

Discord thelamp#8117

Notes:

combat puzzles and slaughter are good just nothing excessively long or difficult

I am not good at finding secrets and I will not spend a whole lot of time looking for them, I frequently end up finding no secrets at all unless they are easy

if your .wad will run in Woof I'd prefer to play it that way, can play in another sourceport if need be tho

Edited by thelamp : edited contact info

@Austinado, I'd like to remove myself from the tester list. I have no time to test AND make maps as well. I want to invest more time into mapping, as I feel my skills are getting better and I want to create something big.

Hey, sign me up.

Preferred difficulty: All. (Keep in mind I have very mediocre skills, so I'm not useful to test extra hard maps)

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Any

Preferred souce ports: Chocolate, Crispy, Woof, DSDA, GZdoom

Refused source ports: None

Demos|written comments| youtube| Twitch: I'll capture in video all the gameplay, and demos if requested ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRCOPEm_GIU&t=1401s ). If you speak spanish, I can record comments too.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): You can private me here in doomworld, or in Discord: Ulises#6894

Notes: I can test one or two maps a day, and upload the video to youtube in private mode if requested.

Remove me for now, please. Between testing for friends and the obligations I've already racked up, taking on additional requests is getting to be a bit much for how much I want Doom in my free time right now.

I'm game. I've done some unofficial playtesting in the Wadazine server and reviewed over 150 WADs for this so I think it's safe to say I have some idea of what I'm talking about.

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: Any

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Any

Genres don't like: Anything singleplayer is fine. I've played multiple terrywads for the ER/iWA. You cannot scare me.

Preferred souce ports: DSDA-Doom

Refused source ports: DOSbox, Zandronum

Demos| written comments| youtube| Twitch: Prefer written comments or a private YT video, but can provide demos on request. No Twitch.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Doomworld Private Message

Notes: I usually play GZdoom as vanilla strict as possible so if your map needs freelook/jumping/whatever you'll have to tell me.

Hello! I'm already on the list of playtesters, but I'd like to have my information updated when possible. :) It's listed in the spoiler.

Spoiler

Active/Partial Playtester: Active.

Preferred difficulty: Ultra violence, go for 100% kills/secrets.

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): No preference.

Genres don't like: Anything goes. If it's too difficult, I'll save scum.

Preferred souce ports: GZDoom (Doom strict) preferred, but if a specific one is required I'm fine with that too.

Refused source ports: None, but I only have experience with GZDoom, PrBoom+, and DSDA-Doom.

Demos or written comments: Demos and writing. In the future I'll do video recordings, but current setup is insufficient.

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Discord is preferred: Cinnamon#0289. PM here works, but I don't always remember to check.

I'm still active. 

Ports: PrBoom, Zandronum, GZDoom

Preference: non-slaughter, adventure, large maps, episodic. Will play megawad but most likely will not finish. Preferred length is short to 2 hours.

On 12/10/2022 at 8:32 AM, Austinado said:

@Paf

I'm out. Sorry for double posting, not sure if you saw yet, but it's been 2 months after I requested to be removed again

I'm game for playtesting

Active/Partial Playtester: Active

Preferred difficulty: UV-and-under (Will test for Coop monsters aswell)

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 6-1 (the shorter the map, the more maps I'll play)

Genres don't like: Puzzle maps, whacky

Preferred souce ports: Woof!, Odamex

Refused source ports: EDGE, Doomsday, Legacy, ZDaemon

Demos| written comments| youtube| Twitch: Written comments and demos, will convert to a vid and host on youtube

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): Doomworld PM, Discord DM: noman_baugh

Notes: I'll play your Deathmatch maps! I'll test for Coop! (So long as they're compatible with Odamex and aren't some whacky Zandronum game mode)

Edited by No-Man Baugh : switched around demo/vid order, vids take up too much space

Hello.

Sign me up please.

Active Playtester.

Preferred difficulty: UV-and-under.

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): 5/1.

Genres don't like: Terry/Joke, slaughter.

Preferred souce ports: GZDoom 4.10.0+.

Refused source ports: Any other.

Written comments and videos (Youtube)

Notes: Can live without jump and crouch, but i will play with mouselook and without auto aim.

I like long maps.

The goal is finish, i'm not a "100%" player.

Edited by Aeddes666

I sometimes playtest stuff and record videos for my channel. I post them so new mappers can see how to improve things, mostly. I also have a workshop for new mappers that I intend to make more populated. You can include me here. 

Example of a mapping feedback:

Preferred difficulty: UV

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min): Small to medium sized maps, 15 to 20 minutes, up to 30 tops. 

Genres don't like: pure Slaughter maps

Used souce ports: gzdoom, DSDA-Doom, Woof and PrBoom+

comments: Youtube video

Contact: You can send your maps to my thread if it's a beginner map, or a DM if it's something else.

Notes: I'll have up to 3 maps to playtest a week. The videos I record for playtesting sessions are never public so nobody else will see your maps. I generally use some mods, but none of them interfere a lot with gameplay, being cosmetic and quality of life improvements. If your map includes anything that requires me to play it without mods, tell me in advance. If you want it to be tested on a specific port, also tell me in advance, since I use GZDoom most of the time. 

Edited by DoomGappy

Currently, I'm making my way more and more defeating the wads that came out last year and the year before.Also plan to play hardcore maps implemented a long time ago.

Count me in. I've gotten back into Doom lately

Active/Partial Playtester: Active.

Preferred difficulty: UV but I can test whatever. 

Number of maps in a set (Max/Min):  No full megawads unless you want me to just play a few levels

Genres don't like:  BFG-fest Slaughter

Preferred souce ports: GZDoom CrispyDoom

Refused source ports: All others, sorry

Demos or written comments: Messages and posts with as detailed of feedback as I can

Contact (Personal forum thread/ Private message): DW Private message is fine

I'm up for it.

Preferred difficulty: ITYTD, minimal saves, and UV, save scum king.

Number of maps in a set: 1-4 but if it's good I'll keep going.

Genres don't like: Slaughter maps and dark rooms, but I'll try.

Preferred souce ports: ZDoom

Refused source ports: GZDoom as of right now.

Reviews: Comment.

Notes: Only plays on Fridays and Sundays.

Hi,
I had a quick question, I hope it belongs on this topic:
Do you have to have specific requirements to test a map, if yes, which ones? Can you rate maps with your own words or is there a specific textbook to these reviews?