Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CPLJigsoreQuandary

Pip-boy style map?

Question

2 answers to this question

Forgive me, but I had to do a search as to what a "pip boy" is (must be a generational thing). At any rate, the wiki indicates it's the "ultimate in personal computing devices". So my questions are as follows:

1. Are you looking to make a pip boy as a data display device in a DooM mod?

2. Are you looking to make a game based on a pip boy?

3. Are you looking to make a real pip boy, including hardware, software, and all? [Rhetorical question. Ignore.]

I can't help you with questions 2 & 3. As for question 1, it is eminently possible to create a portable device in DooM (via an inventory item), that can interactively provide map-related information, such as objectives, hints, and stats. How much do you know of DECORATE or ZScript and Action Code Script?

5 hours ago, ReX said:

As for question 1, it is eminently possible to create a portable device in DooM (via an inventory item), that can interactively provide map-related information, such as objectives, hints, and stats. How much do you know of DECORATE or ZScript and Action Code Script?

On ZDoom, Nash has a PDA kit for modders written in ZScript. This is my take on the concept: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2222672 . So yes :)