Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Yhe1

New Doom 64 mouselook?

So I heard the new version of Doom 64, The one with the extra levels linking to Doom Eternal, does not have mouselook. Is this true, Is there some way to get mouselook back? Thanks!

By default no, the re-release excluded that option. More than likely to preserve the vanilla flavor of the game.

I wouldn’t hold your breath on waiting for Nightdive to add it in either, but after some digging I did find this option.

https://github.com/SuiMachine/Doom-64-Sui-s-Hack/releases/tag/1.0

As far as I know you just extract said files to the games directory but I bought this version on my XONE so I’m in no position to try it out. Good luck and I hope you get it situated!

33 minutes ago, CivilianM91 said:

By default no, the re-release excluded that option. More than likely to preserve the vanilla flavor of the game.

It was "excluded" because the game was literally designed counter to its existence. Adding it in would break the sky rendering, expose holes in level geometry and introduce sequence breaking. It will never be added in.

8 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

It was "excluded" because the game was literally designed counter to its existence. Adding it in would break the sky rendering, expose holes in level geometry and introduce sequence breaking. It will never be added in.

Yes, hence why I said “to preserve the vanilla flavor of the game”. But if someone is here asking for mouselook options for it I doubt they care about that aspect.

1 hour ago, Edward850 said:

introduce sequence breaking

Not really. There are not any places that can really be skipped or sequence broken with mouselook in the base game levels. Only spot that even comes close is the beginning of Breakdown, but the real place to shoot it from is only a few extra steps away, so it isn't much of a break. Maybe in Lost Levels though, if they were designed with a reliance on no mouselook.

On 12/27/2020 at 5:44 AM, CivilianM91 said:

I wouldn’t hold your breath on waiting for Nightdive to add it in either, but after some digging I did find this option.

https://github.com/SuiMachine/Doom-64-Sui-s-Hack/releases/tag/1.0

As far as I know you just extract said files to the games directory but I bought this version on my XONE so I’m in no position to try it out. Good luck and I hope you get it situated!

Nice to see someone made a patch for this. I can confirm its working. However, the vertical mouse speed is much to fast even when lowering overall speed all the to the left in the menu. (there is only an option to adjust horizontal mousespeed besides overall speeds) Someone knows how to change those values in console?

On 12/27/2020 at 8:20 AM, Nevander said:

Not really. There are not any places that can really be skipped or sequence broken with mouselook in the base game levels. Only spot that even comes close is the beginning of Breakdown, but the real place to shoot it from is only a few extra steps away, so it isn't much of a break. Maybe in Lost Levels though, if they were designed with a reliance on no mouselook.

Ahh well, there are enough Places where i had to figure out how to shoot that damn Switch to proceed :D

So it would took out that Search.

I think it was the right Decision to let free Mouse Look out.

Also because of the mentioned Errors.

Everybody who wants it will find a Way ;)

One more question, I am only interested in playing the Bonus campaign because I have already played the original. Is there a way to unlock it right away?

47 minutes ago, Yhe1 said:

One more question, I am only interested in playing the Bonus campaign because I have already played the original. Is there a way to unlock it right away?

It’s unlocked from the jump- when you start a new game it allows you to choose from the base levels or the new ones.

I remember you unlock jump from the secret level. So I have to beat the secret level first?

Does anybody have a saved game at the start of the Bonus campaign ?

11 minutes ago, CivilianM91 said:

It’s unlocked from the jump- when you start a new game it allows you to choose from the base levels or the new ones.

Nope. It's only initially unlocked once you beat the base game. However, the password k41s3r?w4s?h3r3? will do it as well.

1 minute ago, Yhe1 said:

I remember you unlock jump from the secret level.

There is no jump in Doom64, unlock or otherwise.

8 minutes ago, Edward850 said:

Nope. It's only initially unlocked once you beat the base game. However, the password k41s3r?w4s?h3r3? will do it as well.

There is no jump in Doom64, unlock or otherwise.

Thanks!

You are right, that was the absolution TC.

2 hours ago, Edward850 said:

However, the password k41s3r?w4s?h3r3? will do it as well.

huh, I didn't know that was a thing. 

also classy.

On 12/28/2020 at 11:39 AM, eviltechno said:

Nice to see someone made a patch for this. I can confirm its working. However, the vertical mouse speed is much to fast even when lowering overall speed all the to the left in the menu. (there is only an option to adjust horizontal mousespeed besides overall speeds) Someone knows how to change those values in console?

To answer my own question, in case someone is wondering this as well:

The cvars are:

cl_msensitivityx 
cl_msensitivityy
cl_mbasesensitivity