Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noah Eadie

Why is the Zombieman's hair green?

Did radiation poisoning turn it that color, or was it just a fashion trend on Mars/Hell at the time?

If there is no canonical explanation, what is your personal theory?

I always assumed that it turns green when they become said zombies. All the other ones you see are bald, so we don't have any evidence to the contrary.

its the 90s, thats probably why.

the zombieman was like "i hope everybody loves my raaaaad hairdo!"

and so thats why the sergeants and chaingunners shaved theirs off, they didnt want to be a part of 90s fashion

I believe this will provide definitive answers to all and any questions relating to green hair:

I think the crude answer is that it makes them even easier to differentiate from other demons (especially sergeants). Don't forget, the demons in DOOM are color coded pretty intentionally so that it's easy to get a mental snapshot of what you're up against within less than half a second.

The fun answer? Shits and giggles, I presume.

Imho, the hair was made green cuz it makes it easier to distinguish a zombie and a wall behind it that's in most cases not green and adds a cool colour to tan looking bases

5 hours ago, Maximum Matt said:

Because hipsters must always die first.

I resent that.

Spoiler

image.png.e20af5bd52ebb205e997f6a75c961236.png

1 hour ago, SilverMiner said:

Imho, the hair was made green cuz it makes it easier to distinguish a zombie and a wall behind it that's in most cases not green 

Actual most likely answer

The original post is a red herring to evade the ultimate question: do they have pubic hair of green colour? For better or worse, we will never know the answer, I guess.

i think because the color of most of zombies is green/gray, so zombie -> green.

This thought never occured to me... but your explanation of the radiation seems to make the most logical sense. That, or they're color coated green for easy.

Ideas for future topics:

"Why shotgunners are bald?"

"Why chaingunners aren't not only bald but also thick"

"Why cacos look like tomatoes?"

Once they were humans they tried to escape demons' invasion and ran in to damaging floor. Of course they died and fell down to that green slime. Once they woke up, they had new fashion. Other zombies weren't so lucky - green slime burned their hair off completely.

1 hour ago, SilverMiner said:

i always thought they looked like meatballs, thats what i called them before i knew their name, flying meatballs

2 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

Ideas for future topics:

"Why shotgunners are bald?"

How *did* the chaingunner get so thick though? 👀

3 hours ago, SilverMiner said:

At least ONE ass shall be thick. Unfortunately none of these asses are of woman.

15 hours ago, Noah Eadie said:

If there is no canonical explanation, what is your personal theory?

afaik there's no such story behind that. Does it matter tho? You see green, you shoot green. Wait, you're also green, could it be that you are zombieman next door all that time?!

1 hour ago, N1ck said:

It's 2020 we don't judge.

Oh no I do. Always.

8 hours ago, Cinnamon Killjoy said:

I think the crude answer is that it makes them even easier to differentiate from other demons (especially sergeants). Don't forget, the demons in DOOM are color coded pretty intentionally so that it's easy to get a mental snapshot of what you're up against within less than half a second.

The fun answer? Shits and giggles, I presume.

This would be the Answer.
You can just see them better and seperate them from the others.

I recall hearing once that the hair turning green was supposed to be some sort of palette conversion error, but the guys decided "Hey, that's kinda cool actually, let's keep it."

No idea if that's true or not, though it would mesh with the very mixed approach to art overall in the game.