Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
we're closed

Toxic Leek (A highly toxic Doom II map)

An unfortunate tragedy has struck the local plant: it broke down and its toxic waste is spreading all over the place. Fortunately for you, those new radiation suits really do last long. As you go inside, after having located the source of the toxic waste leek, you are faced with the terrible fate, even worse than death. Thank god you have that pistol on you.

Edited by we're closed

Just a quick, friendly pro-tip: your screenshots will look better if you turn off the visible highlighting and thing bounding boxes in DB's 3D mode.  There are hotkeys that you can quickly tap to turn them off, take your screenshots, and turn them back on.

11 minutes ago, jerrysheppy said:

Just a quick, friendly pro-tip: your screenshots will look better if you turn off the visible highlighting and thing bounding boxes in DB's 3D mode.  There are hotkeys that you can quickly tap to turn them off, take your screenshots, and turn them back on.

Oh ok thanks. didn't really think of that since im kinda dumb

15 minutes ago, Grazza said:

Apparently you are right: leeks are toxic.

LMFAO Well I ain't lying smh. But thanks for making me laugh XD

Edited by elio.exe

Layout & Design: 8/10 

The layout & design of rooms and how they flow together is good. There's always room for improvement, but it's nice. I also like how basically every room is more complex than just a couple of boxes slapped together.

Gameplay: 7/10

Nothing about the gameplay is particularly special, but it does it well enough that I give it a good rating. The small chaingunner posts scattered throughout are a neat touch. For reference, I played on HMP. If I play it again on UV I'll edit this one.

Detailing: 8/10

Once again, always room for improvement. The map does detailing well, though there are certainly maps where people have gone all out with the details.

Overall: 8/10

Good short wad that does everything that it needs to do well. This would be a great E1M1/MAP01 in a mapset. 

Final Notes: Do remember that I only played on HMP, so take the gameplay criticism with a grain of salt.

EDIT: Youtube has stopped being slow; have my crappy playthrough.

17 minutes ago, Nevander said:

I haven't played the map but the title is hilarious. Intentional or not, made me laugh.

imma go with intentional just for the sake of it

A nice map indeed.

Some thoughts about the map:

rJtJrLI.jpg

- These two lost souls are not efective, they are stuck in there. They dont leave.

- Nice level design;

- Nice little details:

- The nukage is not a pain sector...but thats a personal choice of mine.

- I had fun...if this was part of a project...i would play more.

- Keep up the good work...this is the right path.

Cheers ;)

Another fun Elio map. A bit easier and smaller than your other works, but still prety neat. :^)

Edited by Biodegradable

Looks really good tbh. I cant play it right now due to me not being home but, i might give it a try when i get back. 

Also, I'll go on and say it, but, I think you meant toxic leAk and not toxic leek. But, I guess you should keep it as is because it's quite funny imo haha

1 hour ago, Yugiboy85 said:

Also, I'll go on and say it, but, I think you meant toxic leAk and not toxic leek. But, I guess you should keep it as is because it's quite funny imo haha

Oh?? Well sorry, im not a native, but i guess it shows haha

12 hours ago, thelazyqdude said:

Layout & Design: 8/10...

Thanks for taking the time to put in a pretty detailed review (and recording a video!). There's always room for improvement and that's what I keep trying to do on each map in succession. Hopefully, my next map will be better.

9 hours ago, Austinado said:

A nice map indeed.

- These two lost souls are not efective, they are stuck in there. They dont leave.

- Nice level design;

- Nice little details:

- The nukage is not a pain sector...but thats a personal choice of mine.

- I had fun...if this was part of a project...i would play more.

- Keep up the good work...this is the right path.

Cheers ;)

Thanks for these suggestions! I might switch up those lost souls, but I put them there mostly as decoration (go figure). I also mentioned in the "plot" of the map that mega-rad suits were created with a long-lasting effect. I just wouldn't like to have a rad suit every room, especially since the whole environment is hazardous. Thanks for the review!!

4 hours ago, Biodegradable said:

Another fun Elio map. A bit easier and smaller than your other workss, but still prety neat. :^)

And thank you for the video! Really pointed out the lack of ammo in this map o.o

Here's my FDA. A nice little map, short and fairly easy but sufficiently entertaining. I remember playing one of your other maps earlier this year and this is very similar to that map in many ways; texture theme, shapes, combat ideas etc. Funny you should say that there's a lack of ammo in the map, sure I thought ammo a bit tight early on but in the end you'll likely end up with a bunch of rockets and plasma to spare.

FDA_txcleek.zip

Had a bit of fun with this. Here's some random thoughts:

• Decoration and texturing is nicely done.
  • Layout is hub-with-spokes but is well executed.
  • Ammo starts out a bit tight but you get tons right near the end.
  • I feel like the plasma gun is pretty unnecessary.
  • Encounters were nicely done. I liked the revenant fight.
  • I feel like the central elevator gets in the way a bit.

Overall though, it's a pretty fun level. Short and sweet. Here's my FDA:

toxic_leek_fda.zip

On 12/29/2020 at 12:16 PM, Veinen said:

Here's my FDA. A nice little map, short and fairly easy but sufficiently entertaining. I remember playing one of your other maps earlier this year and this is very similar to that map in many ways; texture theme, shapes, combat ideas etc. Funny you should say that there's a lack of ammo in the map, sure I thought ammo a bit tight early on but in the end you'll likely end up with a bunch of rockets and plasma to spare.

FDA_txcleek.zip

19 hours ago, Spie812 said:

Had a bit of fun with this. Here's some random thoughts:

• Decoration and texturing is nicely done.
  • Layout is hub-with-spokes but is well executed.
  • Ammo starts out a bit tight but you get tons right near the end.
  • I feel like the plasma gun is pretty unnecessary.
  • Encounters were nicely done. I liked the revenant fight.
  • I feel like the central elevator gets in the way a bit.

Overall though, it's a pretty fun level. Short and sweet. Here's my FDA:

toxic_leek_fda.zip

Thank you very much for the nice review, these FDA demos really help out and watching them was really fun!

Solid work, but I encountered chronic ammo shortages for the most of the map. It probably happened because I chose a "wrong" path right after start and went towards the red switch first. Fighting the two hellknights there depleted me. Also, I didn't find the chaingun in the starting room.