Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MidnightMage

Spamming a Spam Emailer

Hi all, I've been wondering about using Spamnesty to bait spam emailers and waste their time endlessly by using a bot responder.

I've not used it yet but am very intrigued by the idea of endlessly filling spammers inboxes with super vague non relevant bot responses.

Has anyone used Spamnesty or know of any variants that accomplish the goal of wasting spam emailers time?

it's absolute useless. many spam mails have fake return addresses. and others have no human being behind their server. the bot will simply check if it ever sent something to the address it got reply from, and will mark it in its database as "alive".

td;dr: this is kinda like fighting the fire with a gasoline. the end result will be even MORE spam trashing our data channels. please, don't.

Pretty much that ^. They're just automated spam emails without a valid email address that a person actually has to sift through. If you reply it'll just flag you as being a live account, thus increasing the amount of spam you receive. 

It'd be nice to flood and overwhelm these assholes with pointless bullshit, but they'd never see it.

The best thing to do is just ignore it, or laugh at them. I've received quite a few claiming that they hacked my webcam and browser and they have video of me doing naughty things and they'll send it to everyone in my contacts list. Unless I send them a few hundred or thousands of dollars worth of bitcoins through PayPal. Which, considering bitcoins are worth almost $28k today, I'm not sure how valuable $300 would be.

Oh, and my computer doesn't have a camera to begin with.

Out of curiosity, have you watched some of the scam baiting email videos on YT recently? I remember one of the guys who does this, Atomic Shrimp, saying that rarely does responding ever actually result in a human responding, although sometimes it does - but even in those instances, if you were to spam them, they’d likely just block the address from which they were receiving it.

While this does sound interesting, I must know, what would you exactly say in the emails? Just be hella weird and speak in "UwU" speak and try to drag the conversation out as much as you can or are you gonna do something else?

23 hours ago, Doomkid said:

Out of curiosity, have you watched some of the scam baiting email videos on YT recently? I remember one of the guys who does this, Atomic Shrimp, saying that rarely does responding ever actually result in a human responding, although sometimes it does - but even in those instances, if you were to spam them, they’d likely just block the address from which they were receiving it.

Those videos are absolute god-tier.