Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DynamiteKaitorn

BooM-er Problem with Signal Handler

Question

Bex.png.de70d4acd50e326647a781d534a73988.png

So I'm currently messing around with a possible new TMoD and for some weird reason, PRBooM crashes with this error whenever I switch weapons and/or fire said weapon (little odd as the BEX file I use doesn't edit the guns, just Dynamite's sprites). Also, DOS BooM seems to work 100% fine.

BB.zip

3 answers to this question

The reason for that fatal error is probably because your dehacked file has state numbers (called 'frame' in dehacked) that don't exist in Boom:

Frame 1089
Sprite number = 28
Sprite subnumber = 13
Next frame = 1090

Frame 1090
Sprite number = 28
Sprite subnumber = 14
Next frame = 1091

Frame 1091
Sprite number = 28
Sprite subnumber = 15
Next frame = 164

These frame numbers go past the last valid frame number, which is 967 in Boom.

I know I'm using DeHackED Extended but I wasn't aware PRBooM doesn't support it. The interesting thing is, Dos BooM and Woof both support it. XD

Thnx for the heads-up though. :3

On 1/1/2021 at 12:35 AM, DynamiteKaitorn said:

I know I'm using DeHackED Extended but I wasn't aware PRBooM doesn't support it. The interesting thing is, Dos BooM and Woof both support it. XD

Dos Boom definitely does not support DEHEXTRA. DeHackEd Extended is a fairly new extension to dehacked, and it did not exist 21 years ago when the latest version of Boom was released. If your mod still somehow works in it, my guess would be that it is overwriting some other memory in the process, and that this could lead to crashes or glitches during play.