Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szuran

He Came From Beyond

13 minutes ago, Szuran said:

I could say the exact same thing. Ever since this mod got some following, I feel more pressure, and put much more effort. The look itself was elevated significantly since the early presentation. It will take much more time than I initially assumed. I want it to be as good as possible.

Didn't want to pressure you, it's just that it looks so awesomely "different" that I'm starting to imagine what it could be like. Main thing : DON'T RUSH IT. Even if that means it gets released after I die.

Just now, Snark said:

Didn't want to pressure you, it's just that it looks so awesomely "different" that I'm starting to imagine what it could be like. Main thing : DON'T RUSH IT. Even if that means it gets released after I die.

"When it's done". :) Exactly. Don't worry about it. This will be the only game I'll ever make. It better be good!

Looks amazing. There is already lot of effort visible in the demo you've shared. Don't put too much pressure on yourself due to it. It could be fun for others, but it has to be fun especially for you. ;)

20 minutes ago, damned said:

has to be fun especially for you. ;)

Agreed! I take long breaks sometimes because I want to make it only when I really feel like it.

Just popping in to say - this is one of the most breathtaking visual styles I've ever seen for a Doom based game. Wonderful work! Absolutely well worth the time and effort. I look forward to seeing the results of this when you are finished. Good luck on your efforts!

2 hours ago, Pavera said:

Just popping in to say - this is one of the most breathtaking visual styles I've ever seen for a Doom based game. Wonderful work! Absolutely well worth the time and effort. I look forward to seeing the results of this when you are finished. Good luck on your efforts!

Thanks a lot! As you can imagine, it's a slow process, so it won't be finished soon, but every day there is more of this game. :)

As a great lover of Lovecraft, i must chime in just to say that this promises to be absolutely stunning!  Great idea, great look...  really really look forward to this, but all good things take time!

That looks beautiful - one of those TCs that makes you wonder how the $%& it can be made in GZDoom at all. Can't wait to see how you will be implementing these things you mentioned (puzzles, fighting, etc) and how that will all turn out - Either way, it will be a great experiment.

And any additional Lovecraft is always a good thing for me since I am a huge Lovecraft fan. And keeping the monster's secret makes sense given the Lovecraftian influence. Keep it up man!

I almost didn't notice this TC until I saw it in the Doom Corner thread on the EDuke32 forums. This look so cool! I love graphics that look hand-painted and can only imagine the amount of work this must have required even so far without full rotations for characters etc. Keep it up!

1 hour ago, Szuran said:

Just an early photo of the forest. Unfinished.

Screenshot_Doom_20210202_192125.png.f7822462a1ad7a16bef28db8fc4e64f2.png

Looks like a pencil sketch taken straight from a sketchbook .Looks really good.

Edited by Silhou3tte

Thanks, everyone. There will be many fixes and additions to make it have a clearer look (not less detailed though)>

There’s not much else I can say that hasn’t already been said, but this oozes quality from it’s eldritch pores. Vivid, but I stand by this statement. You can definitely see that a lot of work was put into this just from what you’ve shown us. So... good work and good luck.

Haha, that's great, I have been binging on this Youtube channel lately called Ghost Town Living, about someone buying an abandoned mining town :D

9 minutes ago, VGA said:

Haha, that's great, I have been binging on this Youtube channel lately called Ghost Town Living, about someone buying an abandoned mining town :D

Gotta see it, I've already gone through every single Alaskan 1900s-1920s mining town photography available online. :)

2 hours ago, Szuran said:

Gotta see it, I've already gone through every single Alaskan 1900s-1920s mining town photography available online. :)

Yeah, check the channel out on Youtube, there is also a lot of claustrophobic mine exploration involved!

Another world in the making.

Every time I think "now it's gonna be easier", I'm coming up with something stupid. Sure, let's make everything rounded in this level. It's not that bad, until you have to find a way to make these towers explorable and looking good also from different angles. A lot of 'strategic' object positioning goes into this level, so it doesn't break when you approach it from a 'wrong' way. 

Screenshot_Doom_20210426_091607.png.0d6e9df10eb5178d2439d1b7d96e2ab5.png

23 hours ago, VGA said:

Nice, what about enemies? Are they Cthulians?

Amalgams of living creatures from Earth and beings from a distant planet.

On 4/28/2021 at 9:03 AM, Szuran said:

a way to make these towers explorable

Recommend up-down teleporters with separate single-room challenges - at least one floor with a central light source & pillars throughout, with missile-slinging monsters teleporting when touching the space between light & dark. :]

Stupendous artstyle & inclredible execution Szura, one of the most refreshing projetcs I've seen projected through the ole' engine. Really hope it lives up to its awesome promise! Take the time you need to get it exactly the way you want!

Portals are your friends, you can keep the interior and exterior in separate areas, and even have separate areas for each floor in the tower.

On 4/28/2021 at 3:03 AM, Szuran said:

Another world in the making.

Every time I think "now it's gonna be easier", I'm coming up with something stupid. Sure, let's make everything rounded in this level. It's not that bad, until you have to find a way to make these towers explorable and looking good also from different angles. A lot of 'strategic' object positioning goes into this level, so it doesn't break when you approach it from a 'wrong' way.  

Screenshot_Doom_20210426_091607.png.0d6e9df10eb5178d2439d1b7d96e2ab5.png

Do you have a https://ko-fi.com/ account or anything?  I'd love to throw a few bucks your way to support this, super interested to try it out when you are done, and / or help test.

3 hours ago, bobbotron said:

Do you have a https://ko-fi.com/ account or anything?  I'd love to throw a few bucks your way to support this, super interested to try it out when you are done, and / or help test.

Hey, unfortunately not, and frankly I wouldn't feel good with taking money for it. But I really appreciate it.

19 hours ago, Soundblock said:

Recommend up-down teleporters with separate single-room challenges - at least one floor with a central light source & pillars throughout, with missile-slinging monsters teleporting when touching the space between light & dark. :]

Stupendous artstyle & inclredible execution Szura, one of the most refreshing projetcs I've seen projected through the ole' engine. Really hope it lives up to its awesome promise! Take the time you need to get it exactly the way you want!

Thank you! However, this is a rather slow game, so no missile-slinging action. :) Combat will be based more on environmental elements, you aren't powerful, you have to lure your enemies into traps etc.