Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Szuran

He Came From Beyond

On 9/29/2021 at 12:24 PM, QuaketallicA said:

I just discovered this project through the Cacoward Mentionation Page, boy have I been missing out.

Thanks! That's the plan actually, to make it a standalone thing and put it on Steam, like Shrine.

I don't post often but the project is doing well and moving forward nicely. :) I didn't expect it would be so much work, so it's taking time, but there are things in the game that I'm proud of.

I also encourage you!

I suggest you put out a demo on Steam like Supplice did. To get some feedback.

Thank you guys, I will be putting out a demo hopefully this month, or somewhere in the early 2022.

24 minutes ago, EasterNibs88 said:

Great, sounds awesome. How long you been working on this? 

About... 1,5 years.

I just realized that.

That's a lot of time. And there's still a lot of work before me to finish the full game. :)

Just a bi-yearly reminder that this project is alive. Hopefully, I'll stay alive long enough to finish it.

unknown.png

I also saw this on ModDB long ago and I was astounded... This must be an incredible amount of work. And it has style. Hand-drawn, on top of that (not many people make hand-drawn art these days, it seems...) As an artist myself, I'm deeply touched.

Subscribed to this thread. Very, very excited to see the final product :)

Soooo, I decided the yellow-black artstyle needs some kind of enrichment at times, and now you're able to exit the book from time to time. I went for a relatively realistic look with most textures being based on my photos from my town. All in all, I think it works nice and will add variety and breathing space, something akin to the room in Silent Hill: The Room (not mechanically though).

On 7/25/2022 at 3:38 AM, Dasha W. Frost said:

Subscribed to this thread. Very, very excited to see the final product :)

I'm sorry I've missed your comment. Thank you for your kind words. :) Yes, it is quite time-demanding, the amount of work is... significant. The intro above went much, much, much faster than anything hand-drawn for the game.

Edited by Szuran

As a fan of cosmic horror and Lovecraftian stuff this looks really good. Going straight onto my to-play list, don't stop working on this!

Looks incredible, I love the hand drawn stuff. I’m not really into total Doom conversions but this is easily an exception. Looks like a legit game I would pay money for on Steam. Is the demo available anywhere yet??

On 9/24/2022 at 5:24 AM, Captain Keen said:

Looks incredible, I love the hand drawn stuff. I’m not really into total Doom conversions but this is easily an exception. Looks like a legit game I would pay money for on Steam. Is the demo available anywhere yet??

Not yet, there's always something I want to add or tweak, but the demo is _technically_ ready

This might be a bit rash of me to say that but... I think you should aim for this to be its own stand-alone thing, because you got a really unique thing going here. 

Every time there is a new update, my mind is blown. It's just amazing work through and through.

Are you sure you are not a professional game developer working for some triple-A company?

On 10/4/2022 at 8:46 PM, AdNauseam said:

This might be a bit rash of me to say that but... I think you should aim for this to be its own stand-alone thing, because you got a really unique thing going here. 

Yes, this will be a standalone!

On 10/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, NonniR said:

Every time there is a new update, my mind is blown. It's just amazing work through and through.

Are you sure you are not a professional game developer working for some triple-A company?

Hah, thank you. :) It's just some ideas and me trying to find a way to make them happen.

2 hours ago, Szuran said:

Yes, this will be a standalone!

Hah, thank you. :) It's just some ideas and me trying to find a way to make them happen.

I followed your project since the beginning. Since then it was always in the back of my mind. Glad to see that you still working on it. You will have my money when it comes out for sure.

3 minutes ago, SFFlowerBoy said:

I followed your project since the beginning. Since then it was always in the back of my mind. Glad to see that you still working on it. You will have my money when it comes out for sure.

Thank you. And if you know someone versed in GZDoom editing, I could use help, I have some scripting problems.

On 12/31/2020 at 2:53 AM, Szuran said:

menu.jpg.42e9f99eb3560669d374c4269a45e635.jpg

Hold on, since when it was possible for GZDoom to make real custom menus without relying on the default 90's shooter style?

Also, why the draw looks like a big vagina coming from the guys head? (Answer me this first)

1 minute ago, Herr Dethnout said:

Hold on, since when it was possible for GZDoom to make real custom menus without relying on the default 90's shooter style?

Also, why the draw looks like a big vagina coming from the guys head? (Answer me this first)

I use my right to remain silent.
(It's a mouth with an eye inside)

5 minutes ago, Herr Dethnout said:

It's been possible to customize font and position since MENUDEF was a thing, but the real fanciness has arrived with ZScript.

Hi! Bad news unfortunately.

I've hit a technical problem that I can't solve. I'll explain it below, but first: if you are a GZDoom wizard, or know someone who is, I could use your help.

So here's the thing. Line spacing in dialogues is messed up. The first picture is how it should look (and how it looks on some computers, on older versions of GZDoom). The second picture is how it looks for some people, especially with the latest GZDoom, but in some instances with older versions too.

image.png

Now here's what's strange:

1. This happens only in my newer builds. Older builds look fine for everyone. But there's nothing in the dialogue interface that's changed between them.

2. Disabling custom dialogue interface doesn't fix the line spacing, so it's not a problem of the interface script.

3. Disabling custom global scripts that change the UI also doesn't fix it, so it's not a problem with them.

4. Disabling the custom player class also doesn't work.

I have zero idea about what could be causing it. There's nothing else that could affect the dialogue box.

It's like some deeply rooted bug that happened somewhere in between the builds. Since it didn't appear on my 2 computers (with different versions of GZDoom), I haven't noticed it. I'd have to revert months and months of work to go back to the point where it doesn't exist yet, and that's just won't happen.

If I don't fix it, there's no point in continuing with the game. So - if you can assist here, please do. I can share the builds so you can try to experiment yourself.

Oh no! Do you use the same monitor with your two systems? Wondering if it's a resolution or aspect ratio thing.

This is the coolest thing I've seen done with your game engine @Graf Zahl, any ideas what it could be offhand?