Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

What games do you want to see made with the Doom 3 engine?

I watched Aliens last night and a game like that, which is sorta like Doom 3, tight quarters etc, is something I would like to see made. What about you guys? Oh and I wasn't sure if I should post it here or in Doom 3 since it is a little off topic and Doom 3.

Thread moved.

If someone could pull off another Aliens TC and not get FOXed for their trouble, more power to 'em.

I'd like to see a nice real-time dating game. There never has been one, as far as I know - most of the dating sims out there are based on static 2D images.

A myst-like adventure game with completely free movement.

Who says that 3d first person games should all be shooters?

Katarhyne said:

I'd like to see a nice real-time dating game. There never has been one, as far as I know - most of the dating sims out there are based on static 2D images.

Me three.

dating games... haha.

Some pr0n would be amusing. Seriously though, I'm always up for another Jedi Knight installment or a GOOD aliens game.

Crix said:

dating games... haha.

Some pr0n would be amusing. Seriously though, I'm always up for another Jedi Knight installment or a GOOD aliens game.

What do you mean? AvP for the Atari Jaguar was a great Aliens game.

avp 1 and 2 for the pc are great games dammit ...

their engines just suck--1st one was homebrew, 2nd one used lithtech

Little Faith said:

Mystic Tower :D
love that game

Little Faith said:

Yeah I'd like to see that too. The only game I have with near free movement myst-like is Schizm. I've tought of getting RealMyst but it can be finish in less that 10 minutes if you know the correct code.

Anyway a Myst-like would be nice. No need to shoot, just admire graphics with good puzzles.

IMJack said:

If someone could pull off another Aliens TC and not get FOXed for their trouble, more power to 'em.

Yeah but what if a Doom 3 engine-powered Aliens game was done BY a Fox-owned developer?

Anyways, I think this topic has been touched before, but I can tell you about one game I'd like to see done either with the D3 engine or with a more advanced engine:

HeXen 3 (or at least some HeXen game - I wouldn't know whether it'd be called HeXen 3)

I'd like to see a remake of Clive Barker's Undying with Doom III's engine, although I think it would be very bad for your heartcondition.

i wisahed they have waited with the creation of the horror game "the thing" based on the movie.. it would be much scarier on the doom3 engine..

Disorder said:
I'd like to see a remake of Clive Barker's Undying with Doom III's engine, although I think it would be very bad for your heartcondition.

Seconded. Dear god, that game was a nasty piece of work.

Maybe someone could make a halfway decent Blood sequel, or even a remake of the original.

Ichor said:

Maybe someone could make a halfway decent Blood sequel, or even a remake of the original.

Rather a retelling of both Blood 1 and Blood 2 (without them screwing up the Blood 2 retelling) - maybe make just a retelling of Blood 1 and make a sequel to the "new" Blood 1 that deviates a bit more from the little story Blood 2 had by adding some more occult stuff.

I think a TombRaider games using the Doom3 engine would be amazing. All those lost ruins and rolling boulders. And Nathan McCree's score in 5.1. All the characters would look amazing! Lara could finally get her torch (which has been promised by Core since TR2).

spank said:

How about a real time movie?

that would be cool.. and quite original

tombraider has been done to death, a dateing game just dont sound right. a 3d myst sounds cool, so does a remake of AVP and blood. honestly i want to see quake4 use it, oh wait it is. maybe a squel to mcgee's alice

Sephiroth said:

tombraider has been done to death

You must be joking. TombRaider has gone through about six sequels, with little change, and it still has more interesting gameplay than most other games. Anyway, with the Doom3 engine, there could be some wonderful gameplay enhacements. For one thing, we wouldn't be limited to the grid-based environment (even though this uniformity in a way added a lot to the elegance of the gameplay). Moreover, the physics engine could be employed to do interesting things besides boulders, such as disarming or activating all the ancient mechanical traps and locks that TombRaider is famous for.

Sorry, I'm just a big TombRaider fan.

Tomb-raider has been the same since the first game...nothing new. Just rehashes, now mind you, I beleive that if something is fun, you don't have to change it. That's no excuse to re-release the same game over and over again with prettier graphics though. Tomb raider is an example of this IMO.

Now, a "sequel" to alice IS being made, it's called Oz. Not known what engine it will use. From what little is at the website though it looks like a very good concept. carbon6.com

it's a prequel to the wizard of oz BTW.

Also, Real-time movies using game engines is nothing really new. However, I will agree that they will look VERY nice on the D3 engine.

Tomb Raider, bah!
That game was only made famous because it sported a big-busted gal as the hero. To me it's just a typical puzzle action-adventure 3d game.

The fact that the later games were basically the same with improved graphics didn't make things better.