Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suitepee

The return of JohnSuitepee’s request list extravaganza 2021! (REQUESTS CLOSED, FINAL LIST POSTED)

We have completed a community project at the end of the year, it's currently in the last stage of catching bugs. It's 32 bite-sized maps, only a few are particularly hard (And difficulty curve is a bit uneven). It's in Boom format.

12 hours ago, Suitepee said:

I should perhaps have mentioned in the OP that Sunder is my "2000 Twitch follower" special where I will revisit Sunder from map 15 to beat at least one map, so therefore nobody should pick Sunder.

Feel free to choose something else while I update the OP.

Deus Vult Map05 then :) https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/d-f/dv

Edited by Alfredo

21 hours ago, Jaws In Space said:

Kama Sutra!

Ultra Violence, Continuous.

I really want to second this, but... why would you ever want to play Kama Sutra continuously? It's a great megawad, but also by far the best example I can think of of how much pistol-starting can provide a vastly different experience, just because of how a lot of the levels are carefully designed around only the weapons the player has picked up so far.
Probably the most egregious example is MAP12,

Spoiler

which is for a large portion of it a tyson map, but all of the map's gimmicks fly completely over the head of anyone carrying weapons from the previous levels.

Also I can't help but suggest NoYe, because it's such a great experience.
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/noye

Hey Suitepee

If you are feeling frisky give these maps a try!
None are terribly difficult even in UV. Includes levels from mappers of a variety of skill levels.
Gimmick based speedmaps, you can see them in the post if you like.

Have fun

16 minutes ago, TorpyRapty said:

Foursite has rly cool map design and is pretty unique in gameplay style

Is this your request, or are you just commenting on the quality of this wad?

EDIT: From the Twitch chat you've mentioned this is a +1 for Foursite as a request, so I'll add it as such to the list.

Edited by Suitepee

A small tech base map that I worked on for a little bit. Don't let that fool you, it's got teeth.

It's my first Boom formatted map. I kinda hated it at first because I was so used to UDMF.

Not going to lie, Boom format kinda grew on me...

Still, I prefer UDMF, but I can see that Boom format would be a great starting point for new mappers. It even taught me a few new things.

Difficulty should be for UV.

You can play this in either PrBoom+ or GZDoom, because I playtested the map in both.

I was able to run Brutal Doom on it, so that's cool if you're interested in doing that.

Edit: Forgot to mention that jumping, crouching, and freelook are to be turned off.

Link for the download is here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1-WyPTPjrE9J_hl9OQeEMB04up-XOECO9?usp=sharing

Edited by King S P O O N

56 minutes ago, Rince-wind said:

Dimensional Lake (UV) - my very first wad, it's also broken in some places so I'll understand if you skip this one

Disjointed Domains (UV) - a collab between @Soulless and I, this one should have zero issues

Which of those two choices do you want me to play? It's ONE request per person.

4 minutes ago, Suitepee said:

Which of those two choices do you want me to play? It's ONE request per person.

In that case, Disjointed Domains

On 1/1/2021 at 3:25 AM, tourniquet said:

Come on, how a bout a bit more creativity. Picking Aetherius for a third time is one thing but just as with Hellbound it's boring to watch the same stuff over and over again. What about playing it with Faithless, The Wayfarer anything that isn't Vanilla Heretic again, he just finished playing it.

Pretty sure he CAN'T because he has yet to play any non-vanilla mapset for Heretic OR Hexen (mods can only be played with mapsets he's already played, based on Suite's rules), so vanilla of either is the only choice for there. Also I have not touched Faithless, so I don't even know what this entails, and I'm not particularly interested enough to look at it at the moment, as I have other stuff going on. :P

That and I assume he won't be getting to any of these for at least 8+ months, as he has his other games list to clear first, so he's not going to be fully familiar with vanilla Heretic's levels anymore by then. It's not like he's immediately replaying it in a few days from now, but quite a lot later on, and knowing Suite, he'll probably go with it closer to the end of the list, just to mess with me. :kappa:

Suppose I'll chip in with this community project that I hosted right before the turn of the year, just because I'm so proud of the end result. 29 Boom maps made using only 3 flats, 3 textures and 3 monsters. Port is either PrBoom+ or GZDoom (with jumping and crouching disabled on the latter). The difficulty curve is all over the place and some of the maps can be pretty tricky on UV, so HMP is also a perfectly viable option. You're free to do either pistol starts or continuous, depending on your preference.

Have just finished Hexen this evening, so definitely no problems requesting Hexen stuff for the month if you want to.

Keep the requests coming, I'm liking the looks of the list roughly assembled thus far!

Hi

I think you have vast experience on so many wads so your feedback would be valuable and I've not seen any live playthroughs on this.

So it's GZdoom. I recommend "normal" difficulty for smooth experience. If you like little puzzles and NPC's, select that option. It's only one map, gameplaytime from 20min to an hour.

Bind keys for inventory(use, drop,select), jumping, crouching and secondary fire. Bind key optionally for dropping weapons. Freelook intented, autoaim off. You should activate "alternate hud" from options before I figure out how to make my own hud.

CG3 for Hexen, but only after the third hub is done (which shouldn't be too much longer).

Hello there, boy have I got a WAD for you

BOOM format WAD (not tested on Zdoom but it should work there).

Have fun.

😈

3 hours ago, Ichor said:

CG3 for Hexen, but only after the third hub is done (which shouldn't be too much longer).

Is there a link for this?

On 12/31/2020 at 11:25 PM, tourniquet said:

Decisions, Decisions....

Alrighty, 2 choices either fcff Map07 on HNTR or Nefertiti

I leave it up to you :)

Ok, just noticed your request for an explanation in the OP, so here's my reasoning. fcff07 is, in my humble opinion, one if not the most striking maps Ribbiks has ever made. Something that tosses a lot of the standard doom conventions, we are familiar with, away and provides such a bizzare/different experience, that everyone should witness at least once. Nefertiti is just a backup in case you reject. It's a cool not very challenging set with a lot of fancy zzzv music.

Seconding fcff map 07

I'll give two options as well: All Hell is Breaking Loose!!! or H2H XMas.

First one is a short 5-map mapset; maps are nothing special, but the Dehacked trickery is really fun. Second is just a great megawad for its time, obviously, you should wait until Christmas to play it. :)

Edit: I didn't realize single option only, then H2H XMas.

Edited by 4shockblast

Just a reminder that there's just one week remaining for people to get their requests in!

So far there's been THREE requests for that FCFF map 7 (thanks @bemused, @Daerik and @tourniquet, although bemused wants me to play all of it) and TWO for Foursite & Redundancy, which will be the frontrunners on the list if approved in February.

Nice to see I'll be potentially playing some Hexen stuff, but no love for Heretic thus far which surprises me a little.

Edited by Suitepee

1 hour ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I have assembled a new beta of my own personal project, 11-maps long episode. If you are interested.

You have previously requested Hellevator, so unless you're changing your pick to this one, you can't have both.

Just now, Suitepee said:

You have previously requested Hellevator, so unless you're changing your pick to this one, you can't have both.

Oh ok. I didn't quite realize you only accept one submission per person. I'd rather stick with Hellevator then.

By the way, Hellevator has been uploaded to idgames today, I am currently figuring out where it ended up and making an announcement. Make sure to grab the updated version when you start playing.

would suggest a Heretic mapset, but I don't really like my map in that one all that much so instead I request Punishment:

Remarkably short-n-sweet Doom 1 episode by Redead-ITA with a neat palette!