Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Suitepee

The return of JohnSuitepee’s request list extravaganza 2021! (REQUESTS CLOSED, FINAL LIST POSTED)

You're already trying out Walpurgis with Vanilla Hexen as per our PM's, but I realised I forgot to mention it here for the sake of others!

Also added the link here just in case its a pain to find anywhere else.

For my request, I'd be curious to see your take on Confinement 256

It's a series of maps that fit entirely into a 256x256 playing space.  There are occasionally janky ones, but there is also some of the most creative use of space I've ever seen in a Doom wad.  If you want something a bit different to try in between more conventional wads, it'd be a decent choice.

Here's some Heretic flavour for you!

A community project for Heretic (one of the rare ones!). 9 maps of custom textures and some really nice visuals.

On 1/25/2021 at 6:44 PM, Endless said:

Here's some Heretic flavour for you!

A community project for Heretic (one of the rare ones!). 9 maps of custom textures and some really nice visuals.

I like this

6 minutes ago, Dave The Daring said:

I would like to request Endless Rain by skacky. You can download it here.

That is a Thief 1 fan mission according to the link. Please request an actual Doom/Heretic/Hexen mod or wad. :)

Just a quick bump reminder that ONE day remains on this list!

Tomorrow morning at around 6am GMT when I wake up, I'll be officially closing the list down. So if you have any last minute Doom/Heretic/Hexen requests, get them in now!

I was thinking for a while if should I ask. This is first Doom 2 map I have submitted few years ago.

This was made before I had a good grasp at how good maps operate and focused like 90% on the layout.

This map was on/off in development over 2 years and it was my passion project and include some stuff from that period.

I haven´t seen a full playthrough of the v1.1 (which has slightly improved combat). There is a lot of accidental combat and teleporting enemies.
I have already started on reworking the map with all the experience I have now (although this project does not have priority at the moment).

The map takes up to 2 hours depending on how much you want to explore.

I request my second published map. It's a short Boom compatible level. I chose it because I'm a relatively new mapper on these forums, so I would appreciate if you gave me some feedback so I can make my future maps better. UV is slighty harder than Doom II, but it shouldn't be too difficult. Download link + Info (including screenshots) here:

Edited by Valhen

The 3x3 project. As MFG said the difficulty is all over the place, but the maps are generally good, with a few absolute gems sprinkled in.

Hey, I would like to see you playing my map! Can I reserve a spot?
It's a work in progress, but almost finished at this point. I'ill try to send you the file via PM, asap.

The request list is now officially CLOSED!!!!

Thanks to everyone who requested stuff over the last month.

I'll be going over the final list during tonight's livestream, to see what makes the cut. Afterwards I'll post the list on this thread for all to see.

And here is the final request list, for your viewing pleasure. During tonight's livestream vetting process I had to disallow @Lord Misfit's mod pick, so it reverted to his backup Heretic wad pick. I have also decided to play the WHOLE of Finely Crafted Fetish Film on HNTR, instead of just map 7.

'Finely Crafted Fetish Film' will be the first request played since it has 3 requestees; this will be followed by the wads with 2 requestees (3x3, Foursite, HYMN, Redundancy), and after that I'll play the rest in no particular order.

Remember that requestees can change their picks at any time, so long as they inform me as to their new selection. I look forward to playing all of these wads and mods over the next few years. Thanks to everyone who requested stuff; you chose a good variety!

Heretic-

Heretic maps:

-HYMN (Endless, elderdragonbrasil)

-Sitnalta (LordMisfit)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hexen-

Hexen maps:

-4 Weeks of Pain (Boomdav)
-Carnage Galore 3 (Ichor)
-Tower of Chaos (SeriousCacodemon) -- class/difficulty my choice

Hexen mods:

-Brutal Hexen (Plague Dr. Reiss) -Cleric/Warrior class
-Walpurgis (eharper256)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doom-

Single maps:

-Foursite (v0lt, TorpyRapty)

-Bastion of Chaos (Bridgeburner56) - HNTR
-Command Bunker (King S P O O N) - UV
-Deus Vult (Alfredo)
-Disjointed Domains (Rince-wind) -UV
-Entropy (AtticTelephone) - HMP or lower
-Hellrun (joepallai) - UV
-Hydrologica (Shawny) 
-Interloper (Snaxaltol) - UV
-Psychopath (xdarkmasterx) 
-Station of the Doomed (Valhen)
-WIP Noiser (Noiser) 

Multiple maps/megawads:

-Finely Crafted Fetish Film (bemused, Daerik, tourniquet) - HNTR

-3x3 (akolai, MFG38) - HMP, pistol starts

-1000 Lines 2 (AD79) -will also play the first 1k Lines project
-Abysm- Dawn of Innocence (NepSnide) - UV
-Bloodbath: Hell's Deepest (Dunn & Dunn) - HMP, pistol starts
-Confinement 256 (Bauul) 
-DBP 27 (Joe_ilya) 
-Dimensions (Lucky_Edie) - HNTR, map 2 only 
-Doom Core Delta- 10th anniversary edition (dsc64)
-Doomworld Omega Project 2019 (MidnightMage) 
-Enterprises: Rebooted (obake_the_new)
-Exomoon (Deadwing) - UV
-H2H-Xmas (4shockblast)
-Hellevator (ViolentBeetle) 
-Kama Sutra (Jaws In Space) - UV
-Lilith.pk3 (Dpop_de)- UV, continuous
-Lost Civilisation 2 (Jaska) - normal difficulty, will also play the first Lost Civ wad
-NaNoWeNMo (xxWeNxx) - UV, pistol start
-New Gothic Movement (Dubzzz) - UV 
-NoYe (Willy W.)

-Pandemonium Speedmapping Event (Steve88)
-Punishment (Xyzzy01)
-RDC Speedmapping Contest #23 (man_with_gun) 

-Redundancy (Forli)- UV, pistol starts
-Return to Hadron E3 (cannonball) - will also play the entire Hadron trilogy
-Scythe X (Horus) 
-Space Cats Saga Chapter 1 (DerTimmy) - UV 
-SPECTRUM (Capellan) 
-Speed of Doom (Scotty) - UV, pistol starts 
-There and Back Again (Clippy)
-Zone 300 (chrisko7960)

Doom mods:

-Intenstify w/ Doom 2 (Dan_The_Noob) 

Edited by Suitepee : Corrected Redundancy to one person & added Pandemonium Speedmapping Event from Steve88's original pick.

Oh yeah, skill levels. I'd recommend playing CG3 on skill 3 or 4. Anything higher for first timers might be a bit frustrating.

4 minutes ago, Ichor said:

Oh yeah, skill levels. I'd recommend playing CG3 on skill 3 or 4. Anything higher for first timers might be a bit frustrating.

Plus would you even want to go beyond that? Maps are reasonably challenging and populated as they are on skill 3 anyway 🦊.