Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ryath (aka scwiba)

The UnMaking: a 33-map nightmare for Doom 64 (final version on /idgames)

15 minutes ago, ScrappyMcDoogerton said:

You can go to This website and download doom64ex_sdl_fix.zip for current builds of win10. Should work for you.

Thanks again, but like I said, I already tried that. It's no big deal, I'll just wait until a version compatible with the Steam port is released.

So here's an update for those who have problems getting Doom 64 EX running! @Ryath (aka scwiba) has been doing a ton of work and making great progress on the Doom 64 Remaster port. Here's the intro and the first map running on the remaster!

7 minutes ago, Immorpher said:

So here's an update for those who have problems getting Doom 64 EX running! @Ryath (aka scwiba) has been doing a ton of work and making great progress on the Doom 64 Remaster port. Here's the intro and the first map running on the remaster!

@Ryath (aka scwiba) is one damn sexy crafter for sure.

Glad Nightdive saw the potential on this awesome mapset.

(they did saw it, do they?)

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, P41R47 said:

Glad Nightdive saw the potential on this awesome mapset.

(they did saw it, do they?)

Nope, not that I know of. Porting The UnMaking over to the official release has been a process of slowly picking through every map to track down all the incompatibilities between EX and the KEX engine. I've done it all myself with a lot of support from @Immorpher and the D64 Discord.

I'm just about done bugfixing all the original maps now. There's also a new hub of maps I'm working on that will maybe give players some reason to check this version out even if they've already played the EX version.

Edited by Ryath (aka scwiba)

22 minutes ago, Ryath (aka scwiba) said:

Nope, not that I know of. Porting The UnMaking over to the official release has been a process of slowly picking through every map to track down all the incompatibilities between EX and the KEX engine. I've done it all myself with a lot of support from @Immorpher and the D64 Discord.

I'm just about done bugfixing all the original maps now. There's also a new hub of maps alluded to above that I'm working on and will maybe give players some reason to check this version out even if they've already played the EX version.

More sexier than i thought :O

Since this thread is already bumped, I might as well post release candidate 3. This will be the final RC before I replace the old version on /idgames, and includes just a few fixes I noticed were needed while converting maps over to KEX. As always the full list is in the OP.

Posted (edited)

There's also a new hub of maps I'm working on that will maybe give players some reason to check this version out even if they've already played the EX version.

Will it be separate new episode? Or, probably, an option to load it in a such way? If will - I can give it a try for sure.

5 minutes ago, UnknDoomer said:

Will it be separate new episode? Or, probably, an option to load it in a such way? If will - I can give it a try for sure.

You will be able to load it by selecting the "Lost Levels" :)

Posted (edited)

For those who will want to play Doom 64 EX + The UnMaking + Steam combination. I.e. track hours, make screenshots, chat, but not play the remake version & use external WAD's with EX. Short instruction.

1. Take files from DOOM 64 EX. Check my previous message, if required (https://www.doomworld.com/forum/post/2251688).

2. Put them in the \ Steam \ SteamApps \ common \ Doom 64 \

3. Rename the DOOM64.WAD file to DOOM64_original.WAD. EX will not work with wad that is presented on Steam. You will need the original console version. How and where to get it I've described earlier.

4. Rename DOOM64_x64.exe to DOOM64_x64_original.exe. This will make no longer be able to run a remake via Steam.

5. Rename Launcher.exe to DOOM64_x64.exe. It, in turn, will additionally run DOOM64.exe without the _x64 prefix that comes with EX. When launching, type in a third-party WAD in "Other parameters", if available, for example unmaking_fix.wad.

Launcher is designed in such a way that the parameter can be written either here or via the launch shortcut. As a result you will have to specify the desired .wad every time you start it. So better name it simple, for example like wad.wad. Currently I didn't find how to add it in Steam console settings or config.cfg.

Edited by UnknDoomer