Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Clandestine Castle Crashing - now on idgames! [ January Speedmapping Event]

Hot dog! Keep up the good work folks! Hopefully I'll be able to get around to testing all these. I've got quite the tremendous back log of castle maps to test! Looking forward to it!

Ieu2.gif.a71fc3b1b67a7a84ad775a6831222cdf.gif

Nice map dude, definitely gave me a challenge! Also thanks a ton for using on of my sky textures, that means a-lot! Keep on mapping king! :D

I was summoned by the delicious Austinado to play his map. Woof, that was quite the work out!

Pretty tough, but fun frantic combat, slick progression, good traps and an awesome song on top. Good stuff fam.

@Biodegradable Thank you so much for the video, yeah that soulsphere needed to get a little bit back and that Cyber was stuck in a linedef. Fixed. I did enjoyed watching you with my Archies :D 

Ask and you shall receive, @MAN_WITH_GUN! Really awesome map. The design, layout and texture work alone is magnificent. I adored every little nook and cranny, just brimming the ornate Satanic beauty. It was fun to explore and find your secrets and the combat was rather varied and interesting with the different set pieces. It really works well as an opening map and I hope Bluepineapple will agree with me when it comes to compiling this project. Sublime work fam. ;^)

56 minutes ago, Biodegradable said:

Ask and you shall receive, @MAN_WITH_GUN! Really awesome map. The design, layout and texture work alone is magnificent. I adored every little nook and cranny, just brimming the ornate Satanic beauty. It was fun to explore and find your secrets and the combat was rather varied and interesting with the different set pieces. It really works well as an opening map and I hope Bluepineapple will agree with me when it comes to compiling this project. Sublime work fam. ;^)

Wonderful playthrough, thanks alot dude! 8/10 secrets wow, almost got all of them :0

Glad you liked everything that i presented in my speedmap and no - i wasn't been insipired by maps from Bridge or sort of, maybe most of this crazy details was inspired by old good friend 'Chaingunner' who actually working on his vanilla masterpiece megawad with alot of good 3D illusion tricks for vanilla.

2 minutes ago, MAN_WITH_GUN said:

most of this crazy details was inspired by old good friend 'Chaingunner'

Another excellent mapper to draw inspiration from! Chainie's one of my favourites :^)

The great @Austinado asked me to play his map and House Clippy answered the call - good stuff for an hour map, I found the start overwhelming but I worked my way into it, hope my vid is helpful :) 

Map Name: Violence Inherent

Author: Death Bear

Music: MUS_E1M1 (from Heretic)

Sky: OSKY18 (from OTEX by Ukiro)

Format: UDMF
Tested in: GZDOOM

Difficulty Settings: Yes (Though built for UV. Probably needs better balancing for others)

Build Time: 8 hours

Comments: Castle halls and courtyards with secret pathways. Monster-heavy but tried not to make it slaughtery. (Beware of crushers).
https://www.mediafire.com/file/6bz8zvrldu9x41c/DB.VI_v1.wad/file

https://www.mediafire.com/file/jtbvbfnby72seow/DB.VI_v2.wad/file
https://www.mediafire.com/file/dr1dowafw376ekr/DB.VI_v3.wad/file
V.2 Update with some sector/ texture/ linedef/ vertex fixes.
v.3 With even more texture fixes.
Screenshot:

Screen1.png

Edited by Death Bear

Terrific castle filled with nasty traps and thrilling combat, @Death Bear your map's design and layout were a lot of fun, progression was interesting though slightly cryptic but I talk about that a little in my video. The final area is pretty wild and took me a few times to figure out what on Earth I was supposed to do in my original playthrough that I forgot to record, but I eventually found the right route. I really enjoyed your map, mate.

@MAN_WITH_GUN I played your map, really enjoyed it - here is my long slow paced playthrough haha

I really enjoy secrets - and the search for secrets - I will try to record more of these maps when I can :)

@Biodegradable, thank you so much for playing through my map! This is my third speedmap, and I was actually really proud of this one (and did the first half while having a fever); so I'm glad you enjoyed it! I appreciate the feedback, and definitely noticed some texture issues I need to go and fix now. I also appreciate the deal with the yellow key. I really had a hard time thinking of how to work around "press this for the yellow key!". I guess ultimately, you'd hope players would press a button if its available so I'll remove the little skulls. Thanks again! 

Hey everyone, I love secret hunting and had time to play another map this morning.

Not sure if I can play em all so I went with one at random who didn't get a video from anyone yet

@Captain Toenail I tried to play yours, downloaded and loaded a few time, checked different map slots, is there a malfunction in your wad? Please let me know if you can guess why I couldn't get it to work and I'll try again when I have time

in the meantime I did have time to try @Cheesewheel map, although I had a rough time and didn't play so good and couldn't find better weapons until after I found the exit, still good times tho I just like to record myself play :)

On 1/5/2021 at 6:28 PM, Telemassacre said:

prichilla.zip

Map Name: Priscilla Invasion

Author: Telemassacre

Music: An Unused doom midi [Except i remixed it to use harpsichord]

Sky: A photo i took myself of some trees.

Format: Limit removing

Difficulty Settings: None

Build Time: Like, 4 hours

Comments: These secrets were made in a rush, but that's the point, right?

Screenshots:

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_Doom_20210105_181238.png.758084bd06ba08306e340f0ffddb5c7b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210105_182544.png.919e7cbab7f7f96191adbd7cffebe369.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210105_182636.png.72ee6403b2a5b836e50bbb2d13b7cb52.png

I wonder why no-one has made a comment on my speedmap.

3 minutes ago, Captain Toenail said:

@Clippy

Load CTMAP01 in GZDoom. There is now a Mapinfo to load the extra wide sky texture.

hmmmm I am not sure how to do this / have never encountered maps that are in unexpected slots such as this

Putting it in a traditional map01 slot would make it easier for dumb ppl like me to play it :)

PS @Telemassacre speaking for myself I can say there are so many maps and so little time, let me know if you want me to record your map and I will try when I have time :)

@Austinado Understood, I have resubmitted. The Sniper coves lower, and when you walk on them, you get teleported. I removed 3 secrets. [The aforementioned sniper towers and the 2-secret door.] I added a secret and some graphical improvements.

prichillaresub.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Screenshot_Doom_20210105_181238.png.758084bd06ba08306e340f0ffddb5c7b.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210105_182544.png.919e7cbab7f7f96191adbd7cffebe369.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210105_182636.png.72ee6403b2a5b836e50bbb2d13b7cb52.png

@Telemassacre you did little changes...but honestly you could improve way more. 

For example:

CPjVZcL.jpg

- Still dont feel nothing like a castle;

- Still 12 secrets...you have to reduce it to 10.

- Still could improve the gameplay monster placement.

- Hope this helps a little..

53 minutes ago, Austinado said:

- Still 12 secrets...you have to reduce it to 10.

- Still could improve the gameplay monster placement.

Huh.

Re-Resub:

prichillaresub.zip

Screenshots:

Spoiler

I HOPE this is the one.

@Telemassacre, i dont want to be the bad guy here. Overall you are the one who has to be satisfied with your map. But ok...ill do one last time since nobody has given no feedback yet:

- Some textures are not right again...Basic stuff like door tracks should be engaged automatic when mapping, if you do it in one door, you probably should do in all of them the same. You put some step textures...you have door tracks in the builder...doors...simple fix there.

- I have found issues in the pit again...if i fall in the pit and dont press the switch for the secret sector to come down, and pressing the other two switches to raise the bridge sector, if i fall down again in the pit, i cant leave. Its because of the secret switch sector and the two zombies up sectors are the same.

- When mapping and testing your own maps, you have to assure all possibilities that the player might have.  

- You have a window now inside...that makes a diference, i thought it was cool. Details are always cool.

- 10 secrets! Good. The bad thing is, if i take the last secret of the exit sector (textures there are not ok as well) the one with the megasphere, i cant return if there is secrets i would like to find out. Talking about the megasphere...why giving the megasphere if the last monster we encounter is...a pinky or a specter? It simply does not make sense.

With this, im not trying to dissuade you of speedmapping, and im glad you are part of this project of course, but for speedmapping (in my opinion of course, and my opinion only) you need to know the little basics of mapping. When i saw you did your map in 4 hours....or you are an experience mapper (like @MAN_WITH_GUN)..or did not take the whole time to make a complete map. If im right, you still have time to improve your map...and i know you can do it. HOPE...wont make it buddy.

Dont take my words has an harsh thing to take on...but to improve. 

Again...its only an opinion. Mine.

I hope others like @Biodegradable, @Clippy..or even @BluePineapple72 can give you some feedback as well.

Cheers ;)

6 hours ago, Austinado said:

I hope others like @BluePineapple72 can give you some feedback as well.

Cheers ;)

I will! I have fallen behind with testing these maps, as I'm starting a new semester of school. My plan is to get every current map recorded by the end of this week.

I've recorded your map, as well as MAP03 and MAP04. It will be up soon

Edited by BluePineapple72

Actually, it’s 10 secret minimum. You’re perfectly allowed to go over. 

11 hours ago, Austinado said:

- Still 12 secrets...you have to reduce it to 10

16 hours ago, Captain Toenail said:

@Clippy Just type 'map ctmap01' in the console, or it should appear in the map list if you use ZDL.

Ok I figured it out, played it last night but it too a while to upload and I fell asleep; - good map those secrets were hid well and some traps were nice and deadly

5 hours ago, BluePineapple72 said:

Actually, it’s 10 secret minimum. You’re perfectly allowed to go over. 

My mistake then. Sorry about that.