Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BluePineapple72

Clandestine Castle Crashing - now on idgames! [ January Speedmapping Event]

Finally got into this, great job from what I played!

Im at map 09 right now, having a crazy good time trying to find all secrets.

Maps 06 Tolquhon Castle (great layout, very classy), 07 Tower Rangers (Bfg secret is 11/10) and 08 From Grave to Brave are amazing,

@MAN_WITH_GUN delivered a fantastic job in here, not a very hard map, but immersive atmosphere.

Much respect to @BluePineapple72 for these PUSS events!

Found the secret key on @Steve88 map (cool secrets man!) and right now im stuck trying to find the next secret exit.

The auto map shows something in the little maze at the start area, but after pressing a switch and killing a archie behind

a fake wall, nothing happens, Im think im missing something, I could use a little tip so I can play @BluePineapple72 map.

I noticed a couple of untextured walls and a softlock in this map, adding screenies below.

https://imgur.com/a/cedK1Ev

1 hour ago, Soulless said:

Found the secret key on @Steve88 map (cool secrets man!) and right now im stuck trying to find the next secret exit.

The auto map shows something in the little maze at the start area, but after pressing a switch and killing a archie behind

a fake wall, nothing happens, Im think im missing something, I could use a little tip so I can play @BluePineapple72 map.

I noticed a couple of untextured walls and a softlock in this map, adding screenies below.

https://imgur.com/a/cedK1Ev

There are three or so evil eyes that you’ve gotta find and shoot? They,ll take you deep into that maze area where you’ll find a one use elevator. The wad is on idgames now (I’ve yet to announce it). It may be that this map has a newer version. Here’s the link: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/megawads/ccc-v6

Has anyone recorded a playthrough of map32? That would be great, Im an hour into in, 68 secrets and no clue on how to get the

blue key that is teasing through that cracked wall in the outdoor area.

Loved @Clippys "Fortress of Secrecy" and this map is somehow the spiritual successor.

5 minutes ago, Soulless said:

Has anyone recorded a playthrough of map32? That would be great, Im an hour into in, 68 secrets and no clue on how to get the

blue key that is teasing through that cracked wall in the outdoor area.

Loved @Clippys "Fortress of Secrecy" and this map is somehow the spiritual successor.

@PineappleDemon mention to me that he made a map with 100 secrets or that he was going to I didn't realize that it was already available to play or I would have tried it

Add this to my list of things to do

13 minutes ago, spottydog10 said:

Is there a way around pistol start only?

You could edit mapinfo I guess. Who can stop you?

1 hour ago, spottydog10 said:

Is there a way around pistol start only?

No. Not without going through Beetle's method.

These maps were each built with pistol start in mind, as cross continuity of resources would create multiple imbalances (it's also really hard to balance maps in a speedmapping session for continuous play). Likewise, it emphasizes the secret hunting that is the backbone of this wad.

However, if you really want to get around it, you can remove the defaultmap lump from the wad by using Slade.

Essentially, you'd need to open up Slade (it's a doom editor!), find a thing called MAPINFO, and then at the top of what looks like a text document you'll find a lump that looks something like this:

defaultmap
{

nojump

nocrouch

resethealth

resetinventory

resetitems

Etc. stuffs
}

Deleting the bold items will disable pistol start. However, it's highly advised against, as it would disrupt the natural flow of the megaWAD and fundamentally change the way the maps were meant to be played; likewise with enabling jumping/crouching. But since it's basically public knowledge for how to mess around with Doom WAD code, I can't in good faith just throw the "NO-hammer" down and forbid you from doing something that won't affect anything besides how you personally want to play the maps. Essentially, I'd prefer if you didn't, but I wouldn't care if you did.

@BluePineapple72 I actually feel really bad I never had a chance to play this sooner - this was terrific so far - I can really see how my map inspired you - I think we must be very liked minded - this is an amazing map buddy

2 hours ago, Clippy said:

thanks for the video. gave me a whole lot of ideas on secrets on where to find them (when playing) or to put them (when making maps).

edit: now watching videos on "fortress of secrecy".

Edited by terminator

I have just finished this, collection of maddening multitudes, and in my expert opinion; good god, was that a ride. A Mix of amazing, challenging, brutal, unfair at times, but a great great megawad!! 
Glad someone recommended it to me, and I can't wait to review it soon for realzies, but I'm going to have to do it in chunks, it too me a week to finish this thing hahaha

For anyone new to this megawad, I highly recommend following the rules as intended: find the secrets, or feel the pain at your own peril! :D

I've noticed a map editing issue with this wad (all maps load fine in gzdoom srcport). I'm just bringing editing issue to your attention.

The current version of UDB (3.0.0.4032 (6d2a3b6)) has trouble seeing 10 of the 12 UDMF maps in the wad (current idgames release). Using the "GZDoom: Doom 2 (UDMF)" Game Configuration on wad load, only MAP02 and MAP10 show up. Looking at the map sections in SLADE and the reason is apparent. Graphic and music lumps appear before the ENDMAP closing map marker in 10/12 of the UDMF maps. GZDoom is forgiving of this but UDB is not for some reason. Anyway I hand edited my version of the wad to move the ENDMAP markers before the graphic and music lumps in each case and UDB is much happier, now seeing all 12 of these missing UDMF gems now.

This could be considered a UDB bug, I'm not sure.

I regret to inform that I haven't played this wad in earnest yet, but it IS high on my todo list. The maps look awesome with an incredible number of secrets to track down and some challenging gameplay to boot.