Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The Strife Commando

Ultra Low Graphics Mod?

Recommended Posts

Well, there was this:

Don't know if it's still available though. Are you stuck with a PC from the early 2000s?

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, Tetzlaff said:

Well, there was this:

Don't know if it's still available though. Are you stuck with a PC from the early 2000s?

No. My computer can handle Doom 3 very well, but it would be nice to have an ultra low setting available for parts where the frame rate would drop.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/1/2021 at 6:38 PM, The Strife Commando said:

No. My computer can handle Doom 3 very well, but it would be nice to have an ultra low setting available for parts where the frame rate would drop.

If available lowest settings are too high, your PC can't handle Doom 3 very well.

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

I said it can handle well.

Then why would the frame drops matter?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/1/2021 at 7:16 AM, Tetzlaff said:

Well, there was this:

Don't know if it's still available though. Are you stuck with a PC from the early 2000s?

Not sure if this counts as bumping, and I apologise if it does, but how do I make my game look like that?

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/3/2021 at 10:26 PM, The Strife Commando said:

Incase frames drop or for certain mods.

Frames will practically always drop if you dont use vsync/freesync. Even at high framerates you will run into situations where frames will drop if not synced.

Share this post


Link to post

I have a potato, AMD A10 1gb Graphic RAM inner core, no other graphi card, 4 gb ram.

And i didn't have any frame drop at all on intermediate graphical setting.

Maybe at the start of the map, when things are still load in. But after that, it played smoothly and without problem.

 

If you have something better than my own PC, you shouldn't care for ''in the case'' as they will be really really strange to occur.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, Redneckerz said:

Frames will practically always drop if you dont use vsync/freesync. Even at high framerates you will run into situations where frames will drop if not synced.

I thought vsync decreased performance?

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, P41R47 said:

I have a potato, AMD A10 1gb Graphic RAM inner core, no other graphi card, 4 gb ram.

And i didn't have any frame drop at all on intermediate graphical setting.

Maybe at the start of the map, when things are still load in. But after that, it played smoothly and without problem.

 

If you have something better than my own PC, you shouldn't care for ''in the case'' as they will be really really strange to occur.

That A10 is still quite a chunk more powerful than a X360, so Doom 3, no matter which version should run fine.

24 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

I thought vsync decreased performance?

No.

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, The Strife Commando said:

How do I make my game look like the video? Potato mode basically.


You assemble a rig with a Voodoo 2 card and look here.

 

Or try out your luck and just download the Voodoo 2 patch seperately, here.

(Archive.org mirror)

 

Likely won't work because your graphic card is either Intel/AMD/Nvidia and not 3DFX, but perhaps you can use a wrapper or look at the tweaks it does and implement your own.

 

EDIT; Here is a bloke who ran it on a Pentium 3 rig, instructions included. It does seem to require a Voodoo 2 SLI setup though as expected.

 

EDIT 2: And here are two links how to run it on a Voodoo 5500 through MesaFX, looking much closer to the original since the feature set is better on that GPU.

 

Perhaps you can use the Geforce 2 MX/Geforce 4 MX codepath. You will keep basic shadows though.

Edited by Redneckerz

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Redneckerz said:


You assemble a rig with a Voodoo 2 card and look here.

 

Or try out your luck and just download the Voodoo 2 patch seperately, here.

(Archive.org mirror)

 

Likely won't work because your graphic card is either Intel/AMD/Nvidia and not 3DFX, but perhaps you can use a wrapper or look at the tweaks it does and implement your own.

 

EDIT; Here is a bloke who ran it on a Pentium 3 rig, instructions included. It does seem to require a Voodoo 2 SLI setup though as expected.

 

EDIT 2: And here are two links how to run it on a Voodoo 5500 through MesaFX, looking much closer to the original since the feature set is better on that GPU.

 

Perhaps you can use the Geforce 2 MX/Geforce 4 MX codepath. You will keep basic shadows though.

No, have it look like that. I'm using Windows 7.

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, The Strife Commando said:

No, have it look like that. I'm using Windows 7.

What do you mean?

Share this post


Link to post

D3EE has "very low" graphics mode that makes the game look kinda like this, also lets you turn off many other graphical options.

Share this post


Link to post
On 1/10/2021 at 2:34 PM, The Strife Commando said:

I thought vsync decreased performance?

no but it does increase input lag with is why its generally recommended to be off though how much input lag (and if it matters) changes from game to game

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×