Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

6th Sense

Chris Lutz, Mr.Chaos Crew, posted an insanely short news update featuring two screenshots of a brand new area he made for Phobos: Anomaly Reborn level 6.Now, if I could only find some way to PASTE THESE DAMN SECTORS into my original file...Suffering the well-known fredrikish over-detailing syndrom? Bringing the editors to their very limits? Post here if you think you can help.

It was because you started bragging about it. Then it began to become funny. Now you can't get rid of it.

Kinda like the Doomboy "Stupidity cannot be concealed" thing.

Eh, a VPO in prboom? Are other engines (let's say, zdoom) more powerful in this respect?

myk: Most ports completely remove the visplane limit, but a few just raise it. I'm guessing that PRBoom is one of the latter, and I believe Legacy is as well.

DEMOn said:

Prboom segmentation fault: 0x0ff0a ; no more visplanes.

Damn, you know it's detailed when it makes prboom crash :P

Afterglow said:

Needs more cowbell.

Heh, the Bruce Dickinson sketch is one of my favorites :P

I've had a similar copy/paste problem a couple of months back, hope you find a solution.

just for the record, I was joking about PrBoom. (weak joke, I know)
AFAIK, Boom completely removes the visiplane limit.
although the doom engine still has limitations for sheer level size, IIRC... so that is what limits it now.

It had them rather recently, if I'm not mistaken. But yeah, one of boom's main features was the complete removal of visplane limits.

Opulent said:

although the doom engine still has limitations for sheer level size, IIRC... so that is what limits it now.

This post seems to mention that.