Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2021

On 1/23/2021 at 9:06 PM, The_SloVinator said:

TNT Goes Boom! - Ep. 2 WIP screenshots featuring new HUD by P41R47.

I really like what he did with the TNT logo coloring up as you pick up the keys.

1933354825_ScreenHunter255.png.022ccb7f6be13a46774c1f02b5624698.png

I'm so excited there's gonna be more.

The status bar looks great!

CWILV02wad.png.3a5270bd78356ec031ec2d499f9e6698.png

CWILV02wiki.png.87ef0da9acc5e5438019c6629d025286.png

CWILV02eris.png.477d1961710d0b7b45b37bcb65e72db0.png

CWILV02.png.8cb10e919440809a99a6204cd8af1bcd.png

Made some CWILV02 graphics for TWM01.wad. The wad name, wiki name, PSX Lost Levels name (@Eris) and my own personal suggestion for that same project. One day we have to contact Tom Mustaine and ask him for an official name for that level :p

CWILV30alt.png.66afe1c4c8f7754eeb726d7375b35e1f.png

CWILV30.png.0b04320ccb48179e5257b229b9970320.png

Also made two for TEETH.wad, due to the long title of the level. Which one would look better?

53 minutes ago, Devalaous said:

Made some CWILV02 graphics for TWM01.wad. The wad name, wiki name, PSX Lost Levels name (@Eris) and my own personal suggestion for that same project. One day we have to contact Tom Mustaine and ask him for an official name for that level :p 

Since it was left out, I'd add my own dumb joke suggestion to the pile: The Outmost Dens.

For TEETH, I suppose the full name is okay in our age of widescreens, while the acronym is preferable for good old fashioned 4:3 aspect ratio.

10 hours ago, Gez said:

Since it was left out, I'd add my own dumb joke suggestion to the pile: The Outmost Dens.

For TEETH, I suppose the full name is okay in our age of widescreens, while the acronym is preferable for good old fashioned 4:3 aspect ratio.

image.png.8afa2b8fd7fd58e289783804661463a2.png

Indeed, it breaks. Sadly I cant shrink the author name; this is going to be a problem for Attack and Canyon, with 'Tim Willits & Theresa Chasar' in these big letters.

EDIT: JUST manages to fit

image.png.b5e4760c464d96c74a30990942955a04.png

Edited by Devalaous

Here are some screenshots of two of my first ever maps that I had made back in 2019, followed by the new versions I made of them (I began remaking them about 1-2 months ago.) now that I know far more about mapping than I did back when I couldn't even make a functional door.

Here's the original version of my first ever working map.

AyVKFlm.png

And here is a clip the same map after I remade it about 2 months ago. (Doomworld doesn't want to embed the video so you'll have to click the link to see it.)

https://i.imgur.com/kYoEx6t.mp4

This is my second ever map. The doors and sky were added 2-3 months after the map was made after I finally sort of figured out how to add doors and custom skies.

uqHYpMk.png

Here is a parking lot portion from the original map.

zAS9hFG.png

And here is the outdoor section on my map, where the last key was behind that house.

0FfPUks.png

And now here are the 3 exact same places in my remake of the map. (The foreground mountains'hills and sky look different because the first screenshot uses an older version of the texture that I ended up using for them, I changed it to fit with the snow mountain sky I ended up using instead of the green jungle hills.)

pgnOxbS.png

And this is the new parking lot section.

yLL8TdT.png

And finally, here is the outdoors section on the remake, where the house now has a full interactive interior, including a basement and attic, and you have to complete a small and easy puzzle within the house to get the key, which is now in the attic.

uhzWKNT.png

Both of these remade maps, along with about a dozen other maps I've made and finished but never released (Usually because I consider them too short to justify being released.) will be part of a mapset I'm kind of working on, along with about 4-5 maps made specifically for the mapset. Don't expect it to release anytime soon though because I've delayed and stopped working on it and my previous attempt at a mapset several times. Most recently my mental health went kaput which has made me unable to do and/or enjoy much of anything, let alone want to keep working on the mapset, though I am currently working on a boss map for said mapset.

18 hours ago, dobu gabu maru said:

hrWv2Ox.jpg

The question I'm asking myself here isn't "Is there an ambush?"

It's "How severe is the ambush?"

unknown.png

*shoots screen*

unknown.png

*bursts out laughing* I did not expect this.

Sverre Kvernmo's Time Gate map has a rather funny easter egg in it

Eternal Doom is the gift that keeps on giving. It's not like i ever needed a push to consider it the best wad of all time yet here we are.