• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2021

42 minutes ago, NaturalTvventy said:

How's it done?

image.png.1fc1cc35c62625c953c2289edb38d088.png

Using a wall with a gap at the bottom hidden by a mid texture which only allows splash damage to pass through due to infinite height.

The barrel with the blue lowered ceiling at its exact height is on top of a sector with an active "floor raise to lowest ceiling". Once the barrel's height is lowered due to its explode animation starting, the floor starts raising. This floor is joined with a conveyor sector using tag 248 which only starts the conveyor when the sector height changes. So now that the barrel is exploding, the sector starts raising and the conveyor starts so you can trigger anything you want with a voodoo doll, in this case instantly raising and lowering loads of floors at the same time to sell the destructable wall effect. The other barrel is only used to explode the line of barrels in front when they instantly raise to the top.

The added barrel explosion effects are done by crushing barrels on a conveyor. They only start moving when they start to explode due to the low ceiling so the timing is always consistent and they always teleport in the middle of their animation so you can't as easily tell they're just ordinary barrels being teleported.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KoB1ganKV5AFDGSzK7LrEl6EjWLSAJov/view?usp=sharing

Here's a link to the wad if you want to check it out yourself.

1 hour ago, Grimosaur said:

Using a wall with a gap at the bottom hidden by a mid texture which only allows splash damage to pass through due to infinite height.

The barrel with the blue lowered ceiling at its exact height is on top of a sector with an active "floor raise to lowest ceiling". Once the barrel's height is lowered due to its explode animation starting, the floor starts raising. This floor is joined with a conveyor sector using tag 248 which only starts the conveyor when the sector height changes. So now that the barrel is exploding, the sector starts raising and the conveyor starts so you can trigger anything you want with a voodoo doll, in this case instantly raising and lowering loads of floors at the same time to sell the destructable wall effect. The other barrel is only used to explode the line of barrels in front when they instantly raise to the top.

The added barrel explosion effects are done by crushing barrels on a conveyor. They only start moving when they start to explode due to the low ceiling so the timing is always consistent and they always teleport in the middle of their animation so you can't as easily tell they're just ordinary barrels being teleported.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KoB1ganKV5AFDGSzK7LrEl6EjWLSAJov/view?usp=sharing

Here's a link to the wad if you want to check it out yourself.

Ah nice! I used a very similar method several times in No End In Sight.

Accidentally got this effect when messing with portals. I'll definitely keep it, though I might tune it a bit later.

lS8nRio.png

7 minutes ago, Albertoni said:

Is that Hebrew writing on the floor?

It is yeah, but I don't remember what it actually says lol, I've made this map long ago...

24 minutes ago, Breezeep said:

Screenshot_Doom_20210818_213452.png.9830f38ddf1c555ff2a561d37719c2e4.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210818_213645.png.13a5513308e56d4afbfc2e059ae8a418.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210818_213710.png.530efda33d0ddb2159c62fc66ebcfc31.png

For some random community project on another forum.

Very nice! I really like the frequent use of BROWN1.

1 hour ago, Jabberwock said:

Terrifying.

Thanks, but my newer ones are much meaner.

here is for example "the black spider" awaiting me to finish rigging everything, so he can get his animations:

blackspider-anim-shop.png

On 8/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, Breezeep said:

Screenshot_Doom_20210818_213452.png.9830f38ddf1c555ff2a561d37719c2e4.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210818_213645.png.13a5513308e56d4afbfc2e059ae8a418.pngScreenshot_Doom_20210818_213710.png.530efda33d0ddb2159c62fc66ebcfc31.png

For some random community project on another forum.

Your architecture is always (for lack of a better term) “bussin.”

Edited by Egg Boy

spent most of the week coming up with a results screen that just works for my current project. kill count variables (because dynamic killcounts are a fuckin headache and scripted spawns make the headache even bigger), custom sounds/text color on maxed out stats, full-game play timer down to the tic, and difficulty name display! super psyched about it.

Screenshot_Doom_20210820_235058.png.5da0e9476bc1df693b078fb41776a6ba.png

1 minute ago, Skronkidonk said:

I really like this. I love jungle themes in doom so this is absolutely fantastic.

Be on the lookout for 1000 Lines Project 3, there'll be a whole episode :D

In the next map of Trial To Hell, I'm working on a recently "abandoned" airship that is still in orbit, I've got inspired on something pretty well known...

image.png.01a693a5e09fdbe54a6bd77e31ee4402.png

... in fact so well known, it may seem a little bit SUS...

image.png.1bf29d9fcbc6bf541c9daa56fe816530.png

17 hours ago, Roofi said:

WIP limit-removing hellish map. 

Great stuff!

Love a bit of fleshy growth in my Doom maps...