Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2021

On 3/23/2021 at 12:04 AM, Catpho said:

The Russian Doom Community just released the maps for Freakmapping 9 (a contest where you take a computer generated map and make something new out of it). Some of the submissions look stunning, my fav looking one is Sparking Night aka freak9_3.pk3 :o

Holy shit. Quite freaky. 

On 3/24/2021 at 10:19 PM, Egg Boy said:

image.png.35a33ed0acff04999a74239c45a1bd95.png

Plutonish map I'm working on

Make sure all the blue water is damaging and all the nukage isn't, that's the only way to be faithful to Plutonia ;)

The beginnings of the first of my own maps for the recently announced 3x3: Take Two. Unnamed as of yet.

Screenshot_Doom_20210331_180016.png.7e30e37a2a101cc29a3f3d4de17455dc.png

25 minutes ago, Dragonfly said:

Good lord, that lighting is fantastic!

I was thinking the same thing looking at the pic lol

Incredible work indeed

12 hours ago, Bridgeburner56 said:

Some WIP work from the Age of Hell demo map

Screenshot_Doom_20210402_211214.png

Screenshot_Doom_20210402_211157.png

wow. how does one make those curved walls in doom? it's again one of those things seemingly made in a more advanced engine.

12 hours ago, NeoWorm said:

I am tryin got get some nice looking forest.

this looks awesome! I can't stop admiring the branches on that tree to the right :D

10 hours ago, Pirx said:

wow. how does one make those curved walls in doom? it's again one of those things seemingly made in a more advanced engine.

Ultimate Doom Builder's Curve tool + Stair tool.

The curve tool is straightforward: you select a line, it turns it into a curve by splitting it into many smaller segments and it uses its machine math powers to place the vertices on a curve. You can adjust the number of sections and how curvy you want it to be.

The stair tool is a bit more complex. The basic idea, as its name implies, was to create stairs quickly. So you select a line, and it projects a number of sectors out of it. You can adjust how many, and the height differences in floor and ceiling, and the depth of each step, etc. But it also works if you select several lines, and it'll project stairs from each one. And then, who said you need to actually use it to make functional stairs? It's just a way to project an arbitrary number of sectors from a line. You can use that for all sorts of purposes.

Bridgeburner actually explains some of his design tricks in a series of Youtube tutorial videos, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeVLPETXwCs.

On 4/3/2021 at 10:56 AM, Pirx said:

Slope handles and the arch tool (relatively new features in UDB).

On 4/3/2021 at 4:05 AM, NeoWorm said:

forest.jpg.8e51eace10bafab62b8a4bd834fd89fe.jpg

I am tryin got get some nice looking forest.

Loving the gloomy vibe of this forest,

Also love the cute little Harvest Sprite guy

On 4/3/2021 at 8:57 AM, RonnieJamesDiner said:

Latest map, Tower of the Night Seer. Nearly finished!

VNIVz1Kh.png

9qTM2Dvh.png

AGeTM3Vh.png

BfaCIBjh.png

This is simply Unreal, this looks wonderfull.