Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SelacoDev

[WIP] Selaco - a brand new standalone shooter running on GZDoom

6 hours ago, Rudolph said:

@nexxtic28 What do you mean by "Incursion Game mode"?

I believe it's a wave defense type of thing

On 4/9/2021 at 7:35 AM, nexxtic28 said:

Xenomorphs, predators, covenant aliens from Halo dont bleed red either. 

The purple is awesome and its a huge part of the game's identiity; it is not being changed.

I could never get into Halo even tho I purchased all of it in a Steam deal. I get your point about the blood tho and I will live with it because I am so pumped for this game. :o)

Every update you do for Selaco gets me more and more excited! The videos look awesome 😎 

You guys are awesome. Thanks for the kind words!

On 6/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, Rudolph said:

@nexxtic28 What do you mean by "Incursion Game mode"?

It's an extra game mode integrated into the campaign. Will show more of it eventually!

I doubt anyone was asking for this feature, but I guess it is cool nonetheless. :P 

Edited by Rudolph

I was wondering when you would introduce the obligatory Nailgun in your FEAR pastiche: 

Was about to post that here. Grrr!

Here is some Concept Art and a better look at the Reloading Animation. I do not know why I thought it was a good idea to switch weapons during the reload there. Terrible showcase on my end :p

All of these guns are massive projects of their own and the video barely shows what else the gun is capable off. We will show one of the Alt Fires in our Realms Deep gameplay piece, which will be a 3-minute uncut focusing on both atmosphere and combat. 

It is truly great to see the amount of support from you guys. I started this project on my own 3 years ago, but with the insane amount of love we got from our Patreon backers and positive feedback from you, it eventually grew into a small team of retro FPS fanatics trying to make the best game they can make. We still have miles to go, but what is here is something we are all very proud of.

Concept Art:

NEWNAILGUN1.1.png.f1036bc3e14e8f0b3d910107566c5e11.png

Reload Animation:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.21b9e6ac3102acf2a75c44c839ef58f9.gif

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

Going through this thread about F.E.A.R. made me wonder: what are your goals in terms of enemy AI?

On par with F.E.A.R. or is that just not possible to achieve in GZDoom?

On par with F.E.A.R. was the original goal, but soon realized that GOAP is nearly impossible to achieve with this engine. Our current goal is to get it as close as possible, but also give them some new tricks to make them more interesting on the long run.

I do think we already achieved the human aspect of the enemy through the way they communicate with each other. AI is going very damn great as well but there's plenty of room for improvement.

BTW did you guys see this amazing cover feature!? Holy shit, a GZDoom project on the cover! I am so damn proud of what this team is doing!

Aimage.png.98348badbc1c39b02b53c39e2d139bcf.png

It would be a crime to release a throwback shooter without Gianni in it! Such a great and humble guy.

Congrats on the project!  I just found out about it.

I'm assuming this will be able to run on LZDoom?  GZDoom is a very solid choice, but LZDoom runs better on my 8th gen Intel integrated graphics.

I also hope there is a choice to change gender, but somehow (based on cover art and promotional materials) I don't think that will be the case.

Anyway, really pumped for the release of this!

2 hours ago, Zilch said:

I'm assuming this will be able to run on LZDoom?  GZDoom is a very solid choice, but LZDoom runs better on my 8th gen Intel integrated graphics.

I also hope there is a choice to change gender, but somehow (based on cover art and promotional materials) I don't think that will be the case.

Thank you for your kind words!

No, Selaco will not run on LZDoom. But we are taking many steps to ensure that a low-end machine can run the game. We spend a lot of time on performance optimization and use a janky old laptop to so these tests.

No, gender cannot be changed and is never not going to happen.

Looking forward to have you play this game in the future!💙

"Buy from me if you want to live" lol, I love those shameless health stations.

3 hours ago, Zilch said:

I think that system will be better served with the upcoming GLES2 backend due to be released in GZDoom 4.7.0. So far the numbers we got show that on virtually everything that can run OpenGL 4.x it performs better or at least as well as LZDoom if that has a performance advantage over GZDoom's full GL backend.

11 minutes ago, Graf Zahl said:

I think that system will be better served with the upcoming GLES2 backend due to be released in GZDoom 4.7.0. So far the numbers we got show that on virtually everything that can run OpenGL 4.x it performs better or at least as well as LZDoom if that has a performance advantage over GZDoom's full GL backend.

Thanks, will be keeping my eyes on that.

I've had GZDoom crash on me multiple times.  I was told this is in relation to Intel's horrible graphics drivers for Windows.

If you want you can check out the test build I posted for benchmarking here:

That already contains the new backend.

I am beginning to worry about the game's performance on my computer.

I could run the F.E.A.R. games just fine, but Age of Hell turns into a slideshow very quickly: 

On 8/12/2021 at 9:49 PM, nexxtic28 said:

Holy shit, a GZDoom project on the cover! I am so damn proud of what this team is doing!

image.png.98348badbc1c39b02b53c39e2d139bcf.png

That's amazing looking, really liking the style and the protagonist.  

Love to play this once it's out, but hopefully I won't have to wait 'till 2255 like the magazine states ;)

5 hours ago, Rudolph said:

I am beginning to worry about the game's performance on my computer.

I could run the F.E.A.R. games just fine, but Age of Hell turns into a slideshow very quickly: 

All of the effects can be disabled and the levels are segmented into smaller chunks to keep performance high. No worries!

image.png.50e0790bca0eda513c01d711e09264f6.png

On 9/17/2021 at 6:25 PM, nexxtic28 said:

New weapon alert!

Say hello to the UC-11 Compact! A recent addition to the family of powerful weapons in Selaco and despite being in an early stage of development, it's already a blast to shoot! Concept art and more info in the comments.

The UC-11 is a weapon that encourages aggressive play. Its high rate of fire makes it capable of dishing out the most DPS in the game, but due to its inaccuracy it is required to get up close and personal with your enemies in order to utilize the UC-11 to its fullest potential.

Given how the SMG is part of the ACE Security line-up, it comes equipped with a taser for non-lethal engagements. Lucky for us, Dawn's version of the Taser is enhanced; Melee a target to emit a shockwave to immobilize nearby enemies, further complimenting aggressive playstyles.

We're very excited about this weapon! It's a little more situational compared to the other guns but entering a small room to clear it out within seconds is so satisfying that it becomes to hard to put into words. Let us know your thoughts!

ezgif-1-1f7e4312ef12.gif

lovely smg as it looks really destructive, not some dinky pea shooter.